Xtreme Gaming Network

Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals LC

Author Topic: Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals LC  (Read 18636 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals LC
« on: April 12, 2017, 12:38:03 PM »
https://www.fanatec.com/au-en/pedals/csl-elite-pedals-lc-aus.html

I just bought these. They are great! The build quality is excellent. The pedals can be installed inverted and the load-cell allows brake pressure can be adjusted from very light to very heavy which is good for me since I needed a light brake pressure to avoid further foot injury!! In addition, I hadn't expected such an improvement in the throttle - way more feel than the G27 even though still only a potentiometer.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 12:45:45 PM by Gratulin »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals LC
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 01:37:15 PM »
They look good. I might be tempted for the load cell aspect. How much do they slide around? Are they pretty stable on the floor?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 01:44:36 PM »
I use them fixed (see photo) to my diy pedal board which also anchors my wheelie chair so they don't move at all. They have very good rubber under the pedals and the foot plate so should be good on the floor. And they are solid metal.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 01:54:10 PM by Gratulin »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 08:35:19 PM »
Noice. I thought about these before getting a used set of clubsport v2s. Load cell makes quite a difference when used to it.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 02:44:41 PM »
I am taking a while to adapt however. I didn't realise how much muscle memory I had invested in the G27 pedals. Braking is very inconsistent as I learn the new pedals. In the Porsche, especially, it kills your laptimes.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 03:14:05 PM »
It'll be better in the long run. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 04:03:36 PM »
I may buy myself a birthday present next month... learning curve aside, are you loving them Gratulin?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2017, 04:44:02 PM »
I may buy myself a birthday present next month... learning curve aside, are you loving them Gratulin?
Definitely. Best value upgrade for a long time.

My learning curve is affected by the fact I have an injured foot and haven't raced for a while.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 06:23:36 PM »
I am taking a while to adapt however. I didn't realise how much muscle memory I had invested in the G27 pedals. Braking is very inconsistent as I learn the new pedals. In the Porsche, especially, it kills your laptimes.

Took me a while coming from G27 with GTEye. The Fanatecs felt 'broken' for a little while but once you're used to it there's no comparison.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 08:13:40 PM »
I may buy myself a birthday present next month...
ahh another May baby!  :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 11:48:34 PM »
I may buy myself a birthday present next month...
ahh another May baby!  :)
Yes!

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 06:59:17 PM »
Thought I'd provide an update...

My experiment in inverting the CSL Elite pedals has been less than successful. I thought my rig was strong enough but it seems the the load cell pedal needs a stronger rig. There was a tiny bit of flex which made the force on the pedal inconsistent. It could be that the "load cell" is actually a simple strain gauge.

I changed the pedals back to normal orientation and all worked perfectly even when mounted on the same rig I had used for the inverted setup. So the flex in the rig mustn't have been the whole cause of my problems with the inverted pedals.

BTW I took the opportunity to test the pedals on the floor. I can give a big thumbs up for those who have birthdays and need a birthday present

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2017, 07:38:50 PM »

BTW I took the opportunity to test the pedals on the floor. I can give a big thumbs up for those who have birthdays and need a birthday present
hey! don't temp me, my birthday is coming up, your making my wallet twitch! :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 10:41:32 PM »

My experiment in inverting the CSL Elite pedals has been less than successful. I thought my rig was strong enough but it seems the the load cell pedal needs a stronger rig. There was a tiny bit of flex which made the force on the pedal inconsistent. It could be that the "load cell" is actually a simple strain gauge.

I changed the pedals back to normal orientation and all worked perfectly even when mounted on the same rig I had used for the inverted setup. So the flex in the rig mustn't have been the whole cause of my problems with the inverted pedals.

I reckon it will be a goer.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2017, 07:12:52 PM »
I have these pedals but I can't get them to be recognised by Windows (10)! I've tried plugging them into different ports, but no go.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal