Xtreme Gaming Network

R.I.P A1 Pedals

Author Topic: R.I.P A1 Pedals  (Read 5958 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
R.I.P A1 Pedals
« on: July 26, 2015, 03:14:12 PM »
My trusty Advantage A1 pedals that served me well for 8 or 9 years have finally given up the ghost. I'd noticed that my pedals kept going only to about 90%, even after I kept calibrating them. The range of movement was getting smaller and smaller. I opened up the case, and found that the throttle pedal was actually cracked and bending at its pivot point inside the case, so I was just bending the pedal more and more instead of turning the pot, hence not getting to 100%.

So now I've gone to the Thrustmaster pedals that came with my wheel. Rock steady pedal input now, and a good range of motion. The brake pedal has got some kind of pseudo-brakecell mod, with a rubber pad and a stiffer spring at the end of the travel, which will take a little getting used to. But so far, so good.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: R.I.P A1 Pedals
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 05:08:44 PM »
Sorry to hear that your trusty A1's have died, but good that you've got a good set of Thrustmaster's as a back-up.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 05:19:22 PM »
, with a rubber pad and a stiffer spring at the end of the travel, which will take a little getting used to. But so far, so good.
This works well, Rolls used it in some of the Silver Shadow series to give 'feel', good pick up by the pedal mod mob.

"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 09:27:40 AM »
Yeah, I reckon most of the modern pedals seem to be better than the A1s were. 

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 10:40:53 AM »
At the time, the metal construction was miles ahead of the flimsy plastic Logitech stuff that was available.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 10:48:08 AM »
At the time, the metal construction was miles ahead of the flimsy plastic Logitech stuff that was available.

Oh, yes.  The pedal throw was also  pretty darn good compared the my DFP pedals - and DFP had a 2-pedal set, only, no clutch :)
But times have changed.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal