Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 12 Sign Up Thread - Ferrari 312T vs Lotus 72D

Author Topic: Season 12 Sign Up Thread - Ferrari 312T vs Lotus 72D  (Read 44523 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Season 12 Sign Up Thread - Ferrari 312T vs Lotus 72D
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2016, 04:22:42 PM »
Why do you always suggest people think "can't win, give up" Marty? ???
If I'm way out the back, I hotlap and hope others have issues for 1 or 2 spots.
I never think "there really wont be much point continuing in the race", I just think "that's racing".

I finish every race I can no matter where I end up, but see in results how many tend to pull out after the first couple laps as is. If we make it less likely to even stay at the back of pack after an early incident it wont help there and simply less will finish races or even start race 2 if other peoples carelessness early means they are stuck way behind the pack all race.

Im fully for having full damage as hopefully that will also make people more aware to try to avoid contact, but if there is a collision and you need repairs it would be nice to still have some hope of at least catching the back of the field. If it meant you did your stop early and pushed on with a longer stint you may still get a reasonable result for the effort of hanging in til the end which is something that should be encouraged I think rather then giving no real reason to battle on half a lap or so behind the rest of the field all race.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2016, 04:27:04 PM »
But for what I understand (http://www.formula1-dictionary.net/refueling.html) no refuelling during the race happened between 1957 and 1982 in F1. To be true, even changing tyres was extremely rare... (bar for punctures and stuff like that). But I am sure you have reasons. I am just curious...

One tend to forget F1 has always been changing and chopping the rules to a larger extend than any other motorsport in my opinion  :D

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2016, 04:33:35 PM »
But refuelling was not forbidden until 1984. It was just not considered a good idea (despite at times running 400+ Km races).

Offline Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2016, 06:00:25 PM »
Im in :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2016, 06:18:36 PM »
I think Marty only meant "have very little chances to get back to the main field, so I'll probably get a bit bored", not "can't win, give up", but I see your point.

Wally: is there any particular reason why you want the high fuel usage? I perfectly understand it and support it when we want to simulate series in which refuelling is a big part of the strategy. But for what I understand (http://www.formula1-dictionary.net/refueling.html) no refuelling during the race happened between 1957 and 1982 in F1. To be true, even changing tyres was extremely rare... (bar for punctures and stuff like that). But I am sure you have reasons. I am just curious...
It's a simple way to enforce a pitstop, and pitstops add a bit of a strategic element and mix things up. I don't have to check who pitted, pit windows, or anything like that. I know everyone will have to pit at least once.

This season is not simulating any kind of real life competition.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2016, 11:12:31 PM »
I'm in . . . will update car choice in the next day.
Lotus for me thanks Wally.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2016, 11:20:06 PM »
I shall go for the lotus too. Thank you.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2016, 11:34:56 PM »
Anyone who drives a Lotus is a pussy. Just sayin'.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2016, 11:39:26 PM »
Anyone who drives a Lotus is a pussy. Just sayin'.
and you know what he won't mean to have done...

jokes aside: that's great news! I am happy to be closer to my feminine side, especially during our Tuesday night's sausage special fests.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2016, 12:06:33 AM »
Lol

I'm just sad you never met Dick Forrest who used to race with us.

Rolz

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2016, 07:47:31 AM »
Out of these two clunkers, errr I mean classics, I find Lotus is more forgiving on my shoddy driving style.

:)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2016, 08:42:41 AM »
FYI, if I don't get car choices by Tuesday night, the default car will be the Lotus.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2016, 11:55:04 AM »
FYI, if I don't get car choices by Tuesday night, the default car will be the Lotus.

Ferrari Please
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2016, 03:07:17 PM »
I added some more "Fine Print" details in the first post, which I've repeated here, with some red highlights.

Car swap now costs 12 championship points.

The Fine Print

Fastest lap in each race gets 1 point bonus.
Top 10 qualifying times before race 1, get points 10,9,8... down to 1.

Penalties
Every opening lap infringement (e.g. avoidable rear hits, unsafe track re-entry causing accidents etc), will be awarded xxx kg of penalty ballast for the corresponding race of the next round (xxx kg is approximately 10 seconds over the whole race, but the time lost will vary from track to track).

Weather
Weather will be taken from the real-world location on each actual race day. Races are at 10:00am and 1:00pm.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2016, 03:34:32 PM »
If there are too many Lotus in the end I'd be happy to change to the Fezza. I don't mind, I like both.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal