Xtreme Gaming Network

S20 BMW M235i Racing Sign Up Thread

Author Topic: S20 BMW M235i Racing Sign Up Thread  (Read 35096 times)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: S20 BMW M235i Racing Sign Up Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2017, 06:03:16 PM »
I have had my connection for over 18 months and its been really good until recently,  pings same as adsl2 but way faster,  where I live its as good as it will get with the amazing nbn
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2018, 12:05:40 PM »
I think I got lucky with my NBN connection.

The top tier 100 MB plan was disconnected and I only pay 79.95 a month, unlimited data. I got 55 MB from their servers but I get 81 MB from Steam which is awesome, but Telstra only wanted to know the info about their servers so I didn't say anything.
My pings are roughly half what they used to be on DSL.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2018, 02:17:38 PM »
I think I got lucky with my NBN connection.

The top tier 100 MB plan was disconnected and I only pay 79.95 a month, unlimited data. I got 55 MB from their servers but I get 81 MB from Steam which is awesome, but Telstra only wanted to know the info about their servers so I didn't say anything.
My pings are roughly half what they used to be on DSL.
Not to brag but I'm only paying $20 more for my Internode unlimited, getting 94/38 mbps and pings of 4ms fairly consistently.  Added bonus is the professional & helpful support.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Godzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2018, 02:33:12 PM »
Working in IT I can safely say the NBN is a joke. Almost as bad as Trump being president.
If you get fibre to the home, you are lucky, fibre to the node is mostly crap, stuck on satellite then enjoy the 800ms ping (that’s about mimum) if it’s coaxial then probably doesn’t work properly and has now been paused. Fibre to the curb should be ok but then no matter how it connects they will all have contention issues anyway. NBN makes me quiet angry, soo much money wasted and inevitably will be mostly scrapped to be replaced with all fibre eventually which is what it should have been from the start

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2018, 04:04:40 PM »
And then there's also 5g coming with even more speed, although how economical that will be is another question.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Godzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2018, 04:12:04 PM »
And then there's also 5g coming with even more speed, although how economical that will be is another question.

Latency and packet loss will still be an issue I think. Wireless internet just never has a steady ping

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal