Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 4: Nurburgring Chat

Author Topic: Round 4: Nurburgring Chat  (Read 59634 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: Round 4: Nurburgring Chat
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2014, 05:43:09 PM »
Which wheel settings are you using Marty?  I'm still using the original FFB preset for G27 from one of the first updates for AC.

Dick I plan to do a few laps Saturday morning if you want a few tips.  Although I've only ran a handful of laps so far with this car and track combo.

you're from QLD guybrush? The crime capital of Australia? Not the bikies, the government!  :o

I'm a West Aussie. The only one here in this group I believe.

So my morning might be a bit later than yours.. In saying that, I do get up bloody early sometimes.

QLD?... I'm a mighty Victorian.  You know, where they play the type of football game that is actually good :p

No worries.  I'm having a few drinks tonight so probably won't be on until later our morning anyway.  I'll bring my echo machine.

Cheers.

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2014, 07:42:59 PM »
Dick add me to friends on steam, I rack up a lot of hours and I can message you when I'm online.

I'm more than happy to help also I really like sitting behind people because it helps me learn how to react to players braking patterns and other stuff, I'm learning a lot sitting behind you trust me.

I really like the look when you see a couple cars a few millimeters away from each other snaking through a course.

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2014, 08:32:57 PM »
mmm got a big problem - well not sure yet.

About 75% of my games just suddenly grayed out in the steam library. The data is there and steam is looking in the right place but for whatever reason it won't let me launch anything.
Verify is greyed out and if I got to properties and local files, browse local files is also greyed out.
The install button is available but I'm not sure if I'll cause more of a mess by doing that.
If I manually attempt to launch for example Assetto Corsa I get "this file does not match the operating system"...

nasty error...I have 16 games unplayable atm   :-\

Fixed - hit the install button and steam starts to "discover" installation files.  8)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 08:41:41 PM by Phil »

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2014, 09:42:01 PM »
I was going to propose backup your steam game directory then start install - this is in fact how you can migrate or backup things with Steam.
Weird issue, though.

Offline cramjet

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2014, 09:23:53 AM »
Which wheel settings are you using Marty?  I'm still using the original FFB preset for G27 from one of the first updates for AC.

Dick I plan to do a few laps Saturday morning if you want a few tips.  Although I've only ran a handful of laps so far with this car and track combo.

you're from QLD guybrush? The crime capital of Australia? Not the bikies, the government!  :o

So my morning might be a bit later than yours.. In saying that, I do get up bloody early sometimes.

Not quite - I live in Hillarys! Not too far from you I think. I don't claim to be anywhere near as fast as some of the other guys but I'll help you out if I see you online.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2014, 10:13:30 AM »

Not quite - I live in Hillarys! Not too far from you I think. I don't claim to be anywhere near as fast as some of the other guys but I'll help you out if I see you online.

Yay for the West Aussies!
 At least someone over here can go fast!
You are indeed just down the road Cramers!

I'll take all the help I can get. I need it!

Really with all the help i'm getting from you all, I should be faster than Darren Marsh in about a week!  ;D Ok that might be pushing it. ....Faster than Glen.

I am getting faster I know that. I still have a lot to learn i know that too.
My PB for Nurburgring is still a lame 2.19. it's a real low 2.19 though!!  ;) but I would like to get that down to a poor 2.15 or something this weekend.

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2014, 12:58:39 PM »
Really with all the help i'm getting from you all, I should be faster than Darren Marsh in about a week!  ;D Ok that might be pushing it. ....Faster than Glen.

Actually, if your going to set unrealistic goals, you should still aim for Darren  ;D

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2014, 05:44:30 PM »
Holding it flat through the Schumacher S in the Grp a is great fun... When it works.  Still trying to decide whether to hold it for the race or lift marginally.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2014, 06:50:21 PM »
The Schumacher S is a great bit of track. I find I have to lift a little to get some turn in, but then again, I do have to find at least 1 second somewhere.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2014, 06:53:48 PM »
I lift a bit, but I have 5 sec to find on Guy. :-[ :-[

2+2=√16

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2014, 09:00:29 AM »
Wally can you call up a reserve fir this week please.
Puter not happy (need to investigate either new graphics card or new psu failing :( )
And I should attend a car Club meeting.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2014, 09:17:55 AM »
The Schumacher S is a great bit of track. I find I have to lift a little to get some turn in, but then again, I do have to find at least 1 second somewhere.

You are in the DTM though so I guess you'd be going in with a lot more speed?  I find that getting your wheels up on the outside curb before you turn into the first left helps a bit and if you get the front and rear to slide just a little bit at turn in coming off the curb, when the tyres "bite" it gets you through OK.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2014, 10:32:18 AM »
Wally can you call up a reserve fir this week please.
Puter not happy (need to investigate either new graphics card or new psu failing :( )
And I should attend a car Club meeting.

OK, thanks Bruce, will do. Good luck with the PC.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2014, 06:41:11 PM »
Imperious is in for Flattop.

Offline Mopz

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2014, 11:57:58 AM »
I'm out tonight also Wally, not feeling up for racing tonight. Still got a case of man flu. Good to to whoever gets the replacement DTM.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal