Xtreme Gaming Network

Happy Birthday to meeee!

Author Topic: Happy Birthday to meeee!  (Read 24934 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Happy Birthday to meeee!
« on: January 12, 2017, 09:32:03 AM »
This delivery just arrived!!!

Unfortunately the deal I made with my wife for ordering it before I technically had enough money was that the kids could wrap them and give them to me on my birthday, which isn't until the 31st, so this is going to kill me.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: Happy Birthday to meeee!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 09:49:52 AM »
looks like a good deal all round, the kids are going to enjoy wrapping and watching your anticipation grow, not sure on your children's ages, if old enough they will be make you squirm!
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 09:51:56 AM »
They're 5, 4 and 1. The know I've seen saving for a new wheel and its what I wanted, and I'm pretending I don't know what those parcels are :)

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 12:30:56 PM »
Killer!!

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 12:35:15 PM »
I couldn't wait that long knowing they are just there, sitting in boxes, all alone now they are not with their fellow wheels and shifters, longing to mounted on the rig :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 02:53:30 PM »
I couldn't wait that long knowing they are just there, sitting in boxes, all alone now they are not with their fellow wheels and shifters, longing to mounted on the rig :)

Yeah who was I trying to kid. I asked my wife if she'd be annoyed if I set it up, and she said it's what she expected me to do anyway  :D

Gonna head out and buy a drill in a bit to drill the third hole in my wheel plate.

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 04:27:39 PM »
I remember getting the same lot of parcels delivered to my door about 6 months ago. I wouldn't of been able to hold out, I had to unwrap them and get them setup ASAP. It was a good day :D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 05:23:01 PM »
Haha. Shifter is on. Need to drill a new hole for the base and baby is asleep so will be doing that once he is awake

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 05:40:10 PM »
Awesome!

Make sure you let us know what the new setup is like compared to your old.  I've been keeping an eye on the CSL combo myself hoping there might be a special.

Happy Birthday - whenever that may be....

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 06:31:09 PM »
Is the Formula wheel the only one you purchased?

I have both the Formula wheel and the BMW M3 one. The BMW wheel is what I use for most cars, the only time I use the formula wheel is when I'm racing F1.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 09:43:34 PM »
Is the Formula wheel the only one you purchased?

I have both the Formula wheel and the BMW M3 one. The BMW wheel is what I use for most cars, the only time I use the formula wheel is when I'm racing F1.

Could only afford one right now and I spent ages deciding between formula and BMW. Went with the formula for now as the praga has a formula wheel. Will get the BMW one when I can.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 09:51:16 PM »
Bruce mentioned some images now it's all set up.

You can see here where I had to drill the third hole for the front screw in my wheel plate. Only just had enough room.

Here are a couple all set up

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2017, 09:53:03 PM »
Awesome!

Make sure you let us know what the new setup is like compared to your old.  I've been keeping an eye on the CSL combo myself hoping there might be a special.

Happy Birthday - whenever that may be....

Dude compared to the G27 if feels amazing. I've never used a T300 or anything to compare to, so I can just say it's a massive step up from the G27. The smoothness and the feedback are soooo much better. The shifter is also really nice.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2017, 10:00:15 PM »
looks like an awesome setup now, the wheel base looks good I think,  grats :)

shifter feel much diff to your old one? I went the other knob, hand slipped off that one for some reason when shifting in a hurry

I quite like the formula rim and am using it atm also, also have universal hub and the flat one rim, but once get used at not been able to slide hands around the wheel in slides and drifts, its cool and no diff to me in times and as formula rims are smaller diameter that gt type rims its not hard to do
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2017, 10:05:54 PM »
Yah the shifter is also a huge step up. The G27 is just cheap plastic with no real feel when you changed gear. I didn't spend the extra $80 for the sequential one as I knew I'd never use it in sequential mode so it only came with the round knob. The box still had a space for the other one, just no knob :D

Do you have your wheel on 100% ffb then use the ffb clip app? The ffb was so much stronger but I liked it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal