Xtreme Gaming Network

Blue flag app

Author Topic: Blue flag app  (Read 13475 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Blue flag app
« on: October 01, 2014, 08:50:26 PM »
I haven't looked at this, but it sounds very useful. If it's good, I might mandate it for league races until we get something real from KS. It's an app that displays a blue flag for lapped cars. You can adjust the distance before the blue flag is shown.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ferito-blueflag.93412/
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Blue flag app
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 11:25:49 PM »
I've improved this app in the following ways (download attached):

• Background is transparent
  • Blue flag appears when a car is behind you, and then disappears again (no green flag).
It's pretty handy. It works just like a blue flag should. It also shows you the name of the driver behind you. I think everyone should use it for our races.

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 11:33:58 PM »
Thanks Wally, as long as its not one of those apps that kills SLI I will give it a run tomorrow nite.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 12:21:56 AM »
I did try the blue flag app but didnt really like it, seemed to cause performance issues and for me having the full track map does the same thing and better.

With that I can see people coming up behind and if someone were to be lapping me it would show them a different colour to me I think. I dont think I have been lapped in AC yet so not sure exactly what colour it will be. But when I am approaching cars a lap down their arrow becomes brown and they will see cars lapping a different colour.

The track map is also great for when leaving pits in qualy to make sure you dont spoil someones hotlap, also lets you find some clear track. I did read also in the map thread the guy wants to have different colours for people on out laps in qualy as only they need to give way to you others on a hotlap can go as they want.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal