Xtreme Gaming Network

Assetto Corsa at Race of champions

Author Topic: Assetto Corsa at Race of champions  (Read 7347 times)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Assetto Corsa at Race of champions
« on: April 17, 2018, 01:32:52 PM »
I missed this bit of news,  but the interesting bit was this comment I came across and the only reason I found it interesting is because I thought AC felt better a year or 2 ago than what it does now,  for some reason it feels off to me, I don't Know why.

"They had AC at the recent Race of Champions. They had the track modeled and the xbow , so the same setup as in real life. As good as AC can feel at times its obviously nothing like reality as the drivers bitterly complained (and swore lol) about how difficult it was, especially the overseer on and off throttle.

You could visually see it, in real they look so stable with the slides progressive, switch to the game footage and they are having to catch crashes constantly (and failing), looking like amateurs."

The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: Assetto Corsa at Race of champions
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 01:34:57 PM »
Anyway I found it interesting, does anyone else feel that AC does not feel as good now as it did earlier on in its life ?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 02:46:47 PM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 01:40:22 PM »
Nope  ;D

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 02:46:16 PM »
At my age can't remember back that far  :(

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 03:36:08 PM »
You can't remember 2 years ago but you CAN remember the 60s ;)

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 11:02:12 AM »
I think, when you consider the changes in tyre models, now up to 10, the number of mod cars and tracks, all of which can give different grip levels to the real thing, compared to only Kunos content we started with, yes it is different now. Plus one thing I  ALWAYS have trouble with is the changes in grip level, to me it is always more pronounced than it would be IRL. I have never considered changes in grip level, when I used to race in my daily drive everywhere I drove, before the invention of speed cameras. 8)
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 11:51:31 AM »
I think, when you consider the changes in tyre models, now up to 10, the number of mod cars and tracks, all of which can give different grip levels to the real thing, compared to only Kunos content we started with, yes it is different now. Plus one thing I  ALWAYS have trouble with is the changes in grip level, to me it is always more pronounced than it would be IRL. I have never considered changes in grip level, when I used to race in my daily drive everywhere I drove, before the invention of speed cameras. 8)
They do make mention of the grip level in the Supercars coverage, often talking about the track rubbering up and getting gripper. What that actually feels like in real life, I have no idea.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 02:56:26 PM »
You can't remember 2 years ago but you CAN remember the 60s ;)

Can't remember 2 days ago but I CAN remember the 60s ;

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 04:56:18 PM »
The caveat is most real world drivers struggle with sims initially.
They're used to driving by feel, the seat of the pants, rather than visually, and there's no feel in a sim.
Sure, there's FFB on the wheel but your body isn't moving in relation to the seat.
Even million dollar F1 motion rigs struggle to get the 'cues' right and driving the sim needs to be learned.
(any motion rig under $100,000 is pointless for driver training)
Which is why McLaren went searching for a simulation driver/tester through games rather than RL drivers, I guess.

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal