Xtreme Gaming Network

S15R3: Brands Hatch GP Post Race Chat

Author Topic: S15R3: Brands Hatch GP Post Race Chat  (Read 16456 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S15R3: Brands Hatch GP Post Race Chat
« on: January 24, 2017, 09:19:44 PM »
Watching race 1 from the sidelines after I lost connection to the server  >:(

RACE RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS

No penalties - clean race starts.

Round Points
Kcender87   60
Grat   60
Matthew111   60
Joe   60
Diehard   57
Phil.8   51
Mael   49
nith   49
Freezer   48
Rob   45
Simone   44
Doobs   44
RussG   41
ab156   40
Wally   36
Bafs17   34
Shameless   34
Chap111   31
Vipergod   27
Keith   25
Seanus   19
AJ   13

Congratulations on Kcender87 for the two poles, Matthew and Phil for the race wins, and a four way tie for the round points! Kcender87, Grat, Matthew and Joe, all on 60 points.

Season Podium
1. Kcender87, 130
2. Grat, 122
3. Diehard, 117

Team Podium - tight!
1. DA Racing (Grat and Wally), 203
2. Infinity+1 (Shayne and Seanus), 198
3. Krahl Racing (Phil.8 and Joe), 196

« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 10:56:39 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S15R3: Brands Hatch GP Post Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 09:34:47 PM »
If Phil reads this:

I made a mistake on that corner and gave up the position, leaving you the whole left side of the track (the outside for next corner---to keep my minimum chances alive). But then all of a sudden you appear on my right on the grass. I went to watch a reply, and even if I am really really sorry your race went crap for that, it really looks to me that there was no-car space on my right when you went for it. In any case: I hope something else good happens to you tonight to cheer you up.

Cheers,
grat

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 09:36:32 PM »
I just decided that side in a split decision, not mad at you just annoyed that have maybe finished 1 race this season
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 09:37:16 PM »
I just decided that side in a split decision, not mad at you just annoyed that have maybe finished 1 race this season
I completely understand that. And I am really sorry. I am glad you are not mad at me :)

You are still in time for race 2!

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 09:59:28 PM »
That wasn't caused by my issues, was it? :(

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 10:21:16 PM »
That wasn't caused by my issues, was it? :(
I don't think so. I got to lap 8 or 9, and then cars appeared to be flying all over the place. I thought the server was crashing, but it was only me. I lost my connection to the server.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 10:26:12 PM »
While waiting for the results, this is actually pretty nice:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdW1t8r8qYc[/youtube]

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 10:46:49 PM »
Shouldn't have turned up the Acetylene, it was already to rich (sooty). ::)

2+2=√16

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 10:47:46 PM »
Wally can we please have ballast added to the practise server for cars penalised if it's not too much of a hassle.  I ended up setting up my own dedicated server but the grip levels were obviously slightly different as I was a second faster qualifying time on my server compared to the xgn server. Same with race pace.  I believe it would help any car carrying ballast.

race 1 qualifying close to where I expected and tried to stay out of trouble on the first lap, so I hung back.  Wasn't an eventful race, made up positions by pitting early. I'm confused when I see my position go down a place when no one passed me though, any assistance there would be good. 

race 2 an error meant I had no ballast on. Took 3 laps to get used to a lighter car that didn't glue to the road the same around corners with the extra speed. Again stayed out of trouble and made up positions with an early pit stop and drivers quitting the server. Had a little battle with rob and managed to fight back and get underneath him in turn 1 to 2 and hold my position with 2 laps to go. A mistake and a twitch on the 2nd to last turn gave him the position back and I didn't have the tyres to come back. Bafs was closing with what looked like poor grip so I managed to finish 14th.

--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2017, 10:57:36 PM »
Results up in 1st post. It's a four-way tie for the round points!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2017, 11:04:23 PM »
Great night for me, easily my best points haul for a round, and coming 2nd in race 2 is my best ever Tuesday night finish! (I did get third once not long after joining XGN but it was a reverse grid race with me on pole at Monza and everyone else crashed at the chicane, so it didn't really count)

For qually I was on a flyer which would have made pole but I lost it on the second to last corner and ended up 5th. No real dramas and all the practice paid off keeping it consistent. I was however cursing whoever took out that brake marker on the second to last corner as I had a few wobbles through that turn without it!  :o

Race 2 I started a bit higher up, I think 4th and again just kept it consistent. I had Phil behind me for a few laps putting on the pressure and I could feel myself making a few mistakes. Eventually he got a run and went down the inside of turn 2. I didn't put up much a fight (actually went waaay wide) as it was inevitable anyway.

After my pit stop I was keeping an eye on where grat and kcender were but they seemed far enough back with their pit holds that I didn't have to push it too hard so Krahl Racing ended up with a 1, 2 finish  8)

Both races I did a Medium then Soft combo pitting after lap 13 on R1 and after lap 12 on R2.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2017, 11:07:42 PM »
Race 1 I had one of those 1 second freezes right on the start line, which luckily saw me go off onto the grass to the left, so I didn't get in anyone's way. What followed was a great battle with Simone and Freezer and Nith. I came out in front of a three-way battle with Nith and Simone on lap 2, I think, on the back section of the track. Sorry Nith for the slight bump I saw in the replay - I was too busy avoiding Simone to the other side of me.  A few laps later I gave away 3 hard won positions after I missed my braking at turn 1 and hit the gravel. I was in a middle of another great battle with Simone when I lose my connection to the server on lap 8 :(

In race 2 I had more good battles with Simone, Nith and Freezer. Very clean racing by all around me, and I had no mishaps.

My disco in race 1 made this my worst round, which saw me drop 4 places in the standings to 10th overall.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2017, 11:37:57 PM »
As usual hard racing  :)

Thinking back I made a huge mistake on running a longer first gear. In both starts I lost multiple positions and generally just got myself into trouble. Especially in race 2 it cost me dearly as I got stuck behind a train including Freezer, Wally, Nith? running quite a bit slower than I wanted.

Then, sadly, a chain of events caused me to crash. It started with me running too close to the back of Wally.  Freezer then got slightly out of shape in the Graham Hill Bend, causing Wally to slow even more. This forced me to brake in the middle of the Graham bend which of cause is a bad idea. The rear of the car snapped out which I tried to stop (mildly successful) by stomping on the brakes which locks the front wheels bringing the car back in line. Sadly RussG running just behind me obviously did not expect a slow moving/sideways car on the racing line so he inflicted some serious aero damage to my car.

Sorry RussG, at the time I did not know who crashed into me, I would not have overtaken you on the last lap if I knew!

Otherwise it was a solid team performance for Maki Engineering, well driven Freezer.  And at least I caused KNR Racing to loose some points by messing with RussG's race  ;D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 11:40:38 PM by Mael »

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2017, 11:58:43 PM »
Well first night in these cars for me as I have been away.
Could hardly string a lap together in most of the practice but managed to get 11th I think in qualy which was fine.
R1: I got a good jump and was finding it pretty hectic as this was the first time I had been among other cars in the Praga.
About 4 laps in I was wondering how I would make it to the end.  Had my team mate close behind and decided to lift up the back straight to let him by as I was sure he was faster, and this proved to be the case.  Unfortunately at the stop (lap 11) I threw on soft's which whilst initially good were pretty sad by the end and I had a spin late in the race dropping a few spots.
R2: I was now starting to find my groove.  Racing was very close and hard fought with Wally, Nith, Simone etc.  For the most part I was able to hold it together and set consistent laps to get home 7th, so pretty happy.
As others mentioned, great cars these ones!!

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2017, 10:23:39 AM »
This was easily the best night I've had since coming back to race AC.
It makes a huge difference when you have a setup that's comfortable and only one corner that gives you grief.

Race 1.
After qualifying 13th, I got lucky after the start and made places through people driving off the track or having spins.
But I also had a decent pace to be midfield as long as I could keep it on the track and drive at a consistent pace.
About 12 laps in I pitted after chasing Rob for a while and after the pitstop managed to be in front of him. It was all going swimmingly until the last lap when I got too excited at the prospect of finishing in the top 10, and managed to get Rob into a position to pass me on the way the the finish line. Fortunately for me he ran out of straight (just) and I piped him for 7th by .061 of a second.

Race 2.
I think I started 12th in this one.

I got a reasonable start again but this time there were no gifts, so with the shuffling that goes on at the start I was 14th.
I got back to 12th and probably should have finished there-abouts (maybe 11th) but for a spin on my in lap that cost me 10-15 seconds.
Luckily I didn't hit anything but lost a heap of places. I thought it was going to be a boring disappointment after coming out of the pits in 18th. I managed to crawl up to 15th and was hoping to have a go at Shameless and Rob who I'd managed to catch on the last lap, but I ran out of time. It would have been a hard ask to pass either of them if they didn't make a mistake anyway.

Overall I was very happy.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 10:31:38 AM by doobs »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal