Xtreme Gaming Network

S6R5: Spa Race Chat (APR 28)

Author Topic: S6R5: Spa Race Chat (APR 28)  (Read 40852 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« on: April 14, 2015, 11:12:53 PM »
Grid for the race is:

Bafs17
Dick Forrest
Freezer
Gratulin
Grubbet
Guybrush Threepwood
Jeremy
Joe
Krahl
Marty
Matthew111
Perch
RJM
Rob
Rolz
Shameless
Simone
StanDaam
UnFknBLievable
Vipergod
Wally
Whitemoo
Wobblyone
Ysu

(Room for 1 reserve)

Practice server times: http://52.64.7.168:8080/lapstat?track=spa&cars=bmw_m3_e30_dtm,ferrari_458,ferrari_f40,ks_alfa_romeo_155_v6,ks_mercedes_190_evo2&valid=1,2&date_from=&date_to=
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:03:44 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
Re: S6R5: Spa Race Chat (APR 28)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 08:43:35 AM »
can we make this grid list the race result thanks wally? I could do with a podium spot this late in the season.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 10:20:10 AM »
No stracker records all basic info so ptracker isnt needed. Ptracker just gives more info such as splits, too speeds and settings used by the driver.

I want all to use ptracker on my nords servers as its the only way to do a proper surface checksum. The ingame one is broken there and my public server has had a few guys clearly adjust this as its very easy to do. It still doesnt auto boot a missmatch but in admin section it shows who fails the checksum.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 10:59:08 AM »
No stracker records all basic info so ptracker isnt needed. Ptracker just gives more info such as splits, too speeds and settings used by the driver.

I want all to use ptracker on my nords servers as its the only way to do a proper surface checksum. The ingame one is broken there and my public server has had a few guys clearly adjust this as its very easy to do. It still doesnt auto boot a missmatch but in admin section it shows who fails the checksum.

What is the checksum all about? If it's easy to explain.  Is this how Guybrush haxx his way around?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 11:25:48 AM »
Dick the checksum is basically the only anti cheat system in AC and it does seem to work well when it works, it just makes sure car physics and track physics match the client when you enter a server. If there is a missmatch then the client should get booted on entry so this ensures people cant do basic changes to their car physics or add grip to the track.

Since v1.1 Kunos made Nords in a different structure where its one folder for all 3 layouts, surprisingly though they never actually updated the checksum method to work with these types of tracks so the system fails. They also changed vallelunga to the same format and so it fails there and a few mod tracks have now been converted to this format too. Its good as it saves on data needed to have multiple layouts in their own folders with all the track data taking up way more data then needed where most of the same data is used for all configs.

They just need to find a way to check this, RSR has methods to check these tracks and also stracker with ptracker combined but Kunos havent figured this one out yet.  ;D

The app itself is very handy as you can share setups ingame and also see all server lap data, ingame along with live positions, splits, delta to pb, delta to others etc.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 11:36:26 AM »
no wonder Guybrush never users RSR, never does legal lap! :) surly it can't be cause he can drive well...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 11:48:34 AM »
no wonder Guybrush never users RSR, never does legal lap! :) surly it can't be cause he can drive well...

Surely not http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=driver_profile&id=1679

His hax are just being bloody quick and consistant, wheel and pedal inputs of a ninja with grandma knees.  ;D

The grip mod was a pretty basic cheat and since kunos got the checksum to work I have never seen anyone do this on any of my servers. I had a few nords servers and was on there seeing people go minutes under what is possible and so stopped running nords public servers. Shame as its my fav track, but having found its somewhat possible to keep an eye on this I am just making ptracker needed for these public servers. Someone adding 50% to their grip is obvious but even people adding 1 or 2 % would be harder to spot but worth quite a bit of time there. I know RSR guys have banned many people over this at this particular track so sadly its quite common people trying to do whatever they think they can get away with.

I am pretty sure nobody in the league would ever resort to this sort of thing but people I see in my servers doing this get banned for good.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 12:20:24 PM »
Marty, I thought the track checksum problem was only for mod tracks. I fixed it by putting the surfaces.ini file back in the root track folder eg Nords/data/surfaces.ini rather than ( or as well as) in the layout sub-folder. Only on the server. If my logic is correct then the surfaces.ini file is exactly the same for all layouts for a particular track. Seems to work for me.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 12:36:57 PM »
Marty, I thought the track checksum problem was only for mod tracks. I fixed it by putting the surfaces.ini file back in the root track folder eg Nords/data/surfaces.ini rather than ( or as well as) in the layout sub-folder. Only on the server. If my logic is correct then the surfaces.ini file is exactly the same for all layouts for a particular track. Seems to work for me.

No all 3 layouts have a different surfaces.ini and putting any one of the 3 there will give a user checksum error to all, I had hoped putting in the surfaces.ini file from the particular track the server is running would work but it doesnt. I have tried everything on this track and either gets a user kick or server fails checksum load and is disabled. The bug is down as a known issue in the official forums but has yet to be fixed being a known issue the day v1.1 came out. There is no known way of stopping people from joining a server with multi track configs with a modified surfaces.ini file. Adding all 3 layouts within the track server folder doesnt work and only putting the surfaces.ini file into the data folder gets the checksum to load but each time I tried it kicks everyone on loading.

If you can get it to work then id love to see the server log showing checksum loading and user passing the track checksum as all options have failed for me.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 11:29:47 PM »
Why is it RSR doesn't record my lap times on the practice server? Is the because penalties aren't on or something? Got a 02:39.511 at Spa this evening which I was pretty happy with. Just checked RSR times and would have put me 10th if it was recorded.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 12:25:55 AM »
Why is it RSR doesn't record my lap times on the practice server? Is the because penalties aren't on or something? Got a 02:39.511 at Spa this evening which I was pretty happy with. Just checked RSR times and would have put me 10th if it was recorded.

Make sure RSR stays green during your lap and is green before you start the lap, penalties dont need to be on the server but for some reason you need to enable them in SP mode in order for RSR to work even on a server with penalties off. RSR has its own cut track methods independent to the games but there was some reason they needed to do this.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 02:59:25 PM »

Make sure RSR stays green during your lap and is green before you start the lap, penalties dont need to be on the server but for some reason you need to enable them in SP mode in order for RSR to work even on a server with penalties off. RSR has its own cut track methods independent to the games but there was some reason they needed to do this.

OK thanks. Pretty sure I have them enabled in SP mode, but I played for 2 hours on the practice sever and it didn't record a single lap. I could see the top time, it just said I hadn't set a time yet.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 04:00:18 PM »
Try drive a slow lap mid track and see if it registers, you may just be cutting too much. RSR app should be green at the start and end of the lap if at any point it goes red it means you have exceeded track limits and the time wont count.

Rolz

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2015, 05:56:37 PM »

OK thanks. Pretty sure I have them enabled in SP mode, but I played for 2 hours on the practice sever and it didn't record a single lap. I could see the top time, it just said I hadn't set a time yet.

Does it say connecting? Or another message saying practice mode?

I continually have issues with it, bail out of race, click off and on app in menu, verify it recognises me as me when signed in RSR website... 

As awesome app it is I feel it's a little Mickey Mouse sometimes  :o

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal