Xtreme Gaming Network

S6R6: BARBAGALLO Pre-Race Chat

Author Topic: S6R6: BARBAGALLO Pre-Race Chat  (Read 36912 times)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
Re: S6R6: BARBAGALLO Pre-Race Chat
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2015, 08:41:11 AM »
I give up  kids are never gonna let me have one night a week to race, been  the same every season I have raced, so its not going to change , its not fun anymore not knowing when you are going to take cars out every week, but knowing you probably will at some point due to lag

As long as you take out a different car each week you should keep at it. And as long as those different cars are marty's or Guybrush and now, Jeremy.

Grubbet has been using flaky pings for a few seasons now to his advantage. It's all deliberately done btw...  ;)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2015, 08:15:21 PM »
I give up  kids are never gonna let me have one night a week to race, been  the same every season I have raced, so its not going to change , its not fun anymore not knowing when you are going to take cars out every week, but knowing you probably will at some point due to lag

As long as you take out a different car each week you should keep at it. And as long as those different cars are marty's or Guybrush and now, Jeremy.

Grubbet has been using flaky pings for a few seasons now to his advantage. It's all deliberately done btw...  ;)

Thanks Dick,  I will do my best :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2015, 08:22:40 PM »
QOS!!! Release the router guru within!!  :D

yeah I think its time I learnt a bit of networking ,  QOS only works on the upstream on my router, My other router does IP bandwidth throttling qos, which when i figure out the computers that use netflixx are going to be sooooo lagggy and buffering it wont be funny to anyone but me :) but its all beyond me atm this ip address reservation and things, have some learning to do,  or i need to get a new one that can take a dd-wrt firmware and still have even more learning to do

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2015, 09:11:55 AM »
One fairly simple solution is to put your computer on fixed IP, then you know the one that needs priority - the rest can be throttled. :)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2015, 11:40:03 AM »
One fairly simple solution is to put your computer on fixed IP, then you know the one that needs priority - the rest can be throttled. :)

Please bird teach me how

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2015, 12:56:59 PM »
On your computer, go to networking config, IPv4 config, set a static IP (and the netmask, and the gateway) and you're done.
You can check the result in the router, too.
You might want to change the DHCP range in your router so you can have a small "fixed" range without conficts.

Eg my DHCP range is 10.0.0.200 to 10.0.0.254, and my fixed addresses for server & computer are .10 and .20.

I need to use the 10.x range as my setup is like this:
ISP - Modem - Router - devices
The modem is using the 192.168.x.x range, and the 10.x.x.x is used "internally".

You probably will use the 192.168.x.x range, so your gateway (the router/modem) is likely to be on 192.168.1.1 and the netmask will probably be 255.255.0.0.    (altho it can be set to 255.255.255.0 as well, check the current router setup)

I think this is it...altho I'm no network expert, so if I said something stupid, can someone correct me please?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 01:01:35 PM by Bird »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2015, 01:52:43 PM »
Some routers have the option to always assign a certain device the same IP, my NetGear does. Somewhere in the admin is a list of connected devices with a button to force the same IP.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal