Xtreme Gaming Network

S17R1: Imola Post Race Chat

Author Topic: S17R1: Imola Post Race Chat  (Read 16576 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S17R1: Imola Post Race Chat
« on: May 30, 2017, 09:33:39 PM »
RACE RESULTS
SEASON STATS

Penalties
Race 1: Bacchulum ran into the rear of DaveO. 25% restrictor for next round.
Race 2: Slow_As ran into the rear of AJ. 25% restrictor for next round.

Round Points
Kcender87    65
Matthew111    63
Shayne    57
Jeremy    56
Mael    54
Joe    51
Wally    49
Bacchulum    46
Doobs    45
Grat    45
Seanus    44
Dave O    43
RussG    41
Freezer    40
ab156    36
AJ    31
Phil.8    31
Rob    29
Simone    23
Slow_As    17
Gratulin    13
Chap111    0

Congratulations to Grat for pole position, Kcender87 for fastest race laps, Matthew111 and Kcender87 for the race wins, and Kcender87 for the overall round win.

Season Podium
1. Kcender87, 65
2. Matthew111, 63
3. Shayne, 57
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 10:55:54 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: S17R1: Imola Post Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 09:41:53 PM »
sorry for whoever I caused to smash into me race 2   I forgot to load my setup and was caught out and spun, after the hit my car was to broken to bother with
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 10:14:55 PM »
Race one was definitely a learning race. I had some pace and qualified somewhere around 5th then had a poor start and got swamped. I was doing okay until the 2nd lap where I went wide exiting Villeneuve and spun across the track into the right barrier. I had to wait for the pack to go by to rejoin safely in 20th and had front and rear damage costing me about a second per lap. I still made pretty good pace though and made back 5 or 6 places before I spun again and lost 3 of them. I pitted and repaired the wings which gave me some pace back and made up several places including Simone and Wally after their incident. That said I made a lot of cuts and am sure I had a penalty so even though I finished in 9th I'll wait to see what position I actually get. Also around lap 8 I hit DRS without thinking and turned it straight back off again.

Race two was much better with no spinning off, minimal cuts (think I got 2 right near the end that weren't really cuts) and finishing 3rd thanks to Grat's mistake at the end.

Really enjoyed the DSR element as I made several passes throughout the two races with it.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 10:43:05 PM »
Well, what can I say? Not the night I hoped for.

Quali: had some problems with my wheel disconnecting. So I restarted it and got back in the server with 5 minutes to go. Thankfully I managed to find a clean lap with no traffic and got the pole. I used to be bad at quali, but perhaps I am improving a bit.

Race 1: I was very much looking forward for a nice battle with kcender. I know he is better on race pace, but I thought I could hold on a few laps and then see if I could stay with him and maybe think of something in the last laps. Unfortunately it did not go in any of those ways... :(

Race 2: I tried the hero race from 18th on the grid. First 2 or 3 laps were super-slow trying to dodge the crashes and the spins. But I only damaged lightly my front wing, so I was in a decent condition. With DRS on I could get positions rapidly, and found myself in the top 5 or 6 pretty soon. It took wuite a few laps to get over Mael, Joe, and Shyne, but it worked out well and I had Matthew in 2nd place in view. I started to push like crazy. 1 second first lap, .4 second lap (little mistake at Tosa), and the 3rd was crazy fast and I was in DRS range by the exit of Acque Minerali. But I put a wheel too wide exiting the chicane and spun. Well, that was it for my hero race... :( could have been 2nd, ended up 6th (I think)...

All in all: the car is very good to drive, but very very tricky in traffic. In the pack, there are some who take very different lines and braking point, and it is really hard to stay close without crashing, leaving only the DRS zone as a real passing opportunity.

I am just very disappointed because I really could have got some good results tonight. I sometime win races and get poles, but I think I still only once have been on the season podium. This looked like my best chance in a long time, but it did not really go well... :(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 11:13:15 PM »
It was hard to get a good qually lap in, but I eventually posted a time for 9th.

Race 1 was going great, with a good chase of Bacchulum allowing me to make use of DRS a few times to pass him and Kcender87, until on lap 10 my front wheel got hooked over the inside kerb at Tosa and spun my around to face the barrier, which cost me several positions and was a shame, because the racing was shaping up to be a good battle. So I pitted at the end of that lap.

I came out of the pits in front of Simone, and stayed in front trying to build a little gap while his tyres came up to temp/pressure. He was close enough for DRS though, and used it to plough into the back of my car at the end of the straight  :-X . No real damage done - he just misjudged the extra speed DRS gave him and I didn't lose a position by that stage of the race.

At the very end, I saw a car behind me that I didn't recognise, as Simone had been behind for a while, and I didn't realise that it was Joe behind me racing for position (I thought it was a car trying to unlap itself for a moment), so I didn't put up much of a defense and ended up losing the spot to him.

Race 2, I managed to miss most of the accidents, but copped a few clips here and there which left my rear wing damaged. I carried on regardless, but had lost about a second compared to race 1. I had seen that Freezer had a 10 second cutting penalty, so rather than risk any accidents in the closing laps, I let him passed knowing that I still effectively had the position.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 11:31:22 PM »
Hey wally, i see i ended up 12th with my cut penalty but seanus also had a penalty and pretty sure he was behind us so how did he get 11th?

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 11:41:14 PM »
Hey Wally, Race 1 results don't show me as having a pit stop. I stopped on Lap 9 I think.

Race 1 was great, I didn't make a mistake and managed to finish 8th.

Race 2 was going okay till I slowed to avoid an accident at the first chicane, and got my rear wing damaged. The next chicane I went in too hard, went wide, lost the rear on exit and came back across the track. Sorry for whoever got hit.
I waited for the field to pass and even though the car was damaged front and back, had a cracked screen it was okay to drive.
I managed to pass Bacchulum and tried to catch RussG ans Seanus for the rest of the race. I got close enough for DRS once but wasn't close enough coming off the last corner to effectively use it.

Apart from taking someone else out in my accident it was a fun night.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 12:39:03 AM »
Any penalties for those that were using DRS incorrectly?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 07:55:33 AM »
No, not this round. Just warnings as we got used to how it should work (I sent a PM to someone who was clearly doing it wrong). But see the RBR thread - next round there will be penalties.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 07:59:21 AM »
Hey wally, i see i ended up 12th with my cut penalty but seanus also had a penalty and pretty sure he was behind us so how did he get 11th?
You had so many cuts, you would have got a 20 second penalty, while Seanus "only" got a 10 second penalty.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 08:02:36 AM »
You had so many cuts, you would have got a 20 second penalty, while Seanus "only" got a 10 second penalty.
Ahahahah! Joe... ;)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 08:36:16 AM »
Ahahahah! Joe... ;)
:o haha. As i said learning race...

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 08:47:55 AM »
Noice noight of racing here at xgn using AC!!!
Not a very good start for the new season but good enough to finish the first race in one piece.I had a ball with DRS i was not expecting to enjoy it that much, and as i said earlier trying to get in the 1 sec bracket in order to use DRS is half the fun.
Big disappointment when i ran  in the back of wally,and i have to say i knew i was  carrying more speed after the DRS but still i managed to hit him sending both of us in the sand trap,but luckily we had no damage and we lost no psotion except for joe taking advantage passing (asshole  :P).

Race 2 just wa a forget race,got involved in too many mess(too many yea?).I ended up with a damage front wing and i retired.

Overall i am impressed with the quality level(especially the start of race 1) of the driving,we got a lot to improve still,but w are on the right path...thx all it was fun and see you next week...

hey Joe......you r an (asshole  :-* :-* :-*) get your penalties and shut up will ya?     heheeheheheheheheheheeee

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2017, 09:21:54 AM »
No, not this round. Just warnings as we got used to how it should work (I sent a PM to someone who was clearly doing it wrong). But see the RBR thread - next round there will be penalties.

I didnt get home til very late last night with road works everywhere and a delay in the flight. With DRS it would be good to see in results any illegal uses but also not giving a penalty to those clearly using it all race is a big disadvantage to those that did. I think people running out front at faster then their qualy pace likely used it every lap in race 2. ;)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2017, 10:25:23 AM »
Hey Grat, you owe me a position for the race 1 punt  ;D  Maki Engineering would have finished ahead of DA Racing if it was not for that strategic accident.

Otherwise two very good races. Pitted early in race one to attempt the undercut on new tires which worked very well. Almost managed to jump Bacchulum but he must have been speeding in the pit lane  ;D  Freezer's races appeared to have been a bit more exiting going on all the contacts!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal