Xtreme Gaming Network

Cobra Cup Round 3 Prato Long PRAC Server is up...

Author Topic: Cobra Cup Round 3 Prato Long PRAC Server is up...  (Read 21006 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: Cobra Cup Round 3 Prato Long PRAC Server is up...
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 07:37:31 PM »
Kunos really need to make it easier to setup servers.  It sounds like it's such a PITA.

Oh well, they are a small team and all.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2014, 07:44:18 PM »
Kunos really need to make it easier to setup servers.  It sounds like it's such a PITA.

Oh well, they are a small team and all.

But we got there, the race server is up  :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bafs17

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 07:50:39 PM »
ac.exe stopped working msg for me. I have 1.10 version of Prato Long from RD. Is that the right one?

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2014, 08:02:02 PM »
Server will be down in a couple of minutes and back up

D/L: https://mega.co.nz/#!0I4yjJqT!J_jAdpChgVQdUhx7QjujCgAV1MilE6BPGe04oOlIvbA

Get on Team Speak Fabbi, saves a lot of stuffing around. Cheers.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2014, 10:08:52 PM »
I've enjoyed this round, again.  These cars are really fun to drive.   The first race was a tad boring (chasing Guy nearly always is like that).  The second - since I've started from the last row - was much more eventful.  :)   Altho after our accident with Krahl we were too far from the front pack to catch up in 10 laps, sadly.  Plus I've run off on one corner, extending my laptime by a few seconds...

Considering how tricky this car is, most of the field seems to have had a pretty good grip on it this time.  We're getting better, aren't we?   

Offline Aiman Haziq

• Karts are the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2014, 11:04:09 PM »
Good race with you guys again :) 3rd for 1st race and 2nd for 2nd race. Prato is very fun technical track with some great high speed corners.
Couldve qualified for better position for first race but the qualify end up when i was near the last corner haha... Had some great battle with Newman in both of the races. Guybrush is too fast cant catch him up XD

About the collision in 2nd race , Sorry Krahl for not giving enough space for you in the straight , as we collide abit and saw you collide with bird.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2014, 11:09:22 PM »
I really enjoyed the second race. With Guybrush's suggested setup changes to tame the rear end (softer springs and more rear camber) the car felt really good, and I had a great race with Gratulin. Close racing without a scratch on either car (and thankfully no warping, or it wouldn't have been possible).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2014, 11:56:57 PM »
I surprised myself by enjoying the close racing in the 2nd race. I relaxed and just focussed on keeping it clean. It helped that the rearview mirrors show the cars behind much further away than they actually are ;)

I won't get the loneliest award this time but I want a new award - the "MOST HOUNDED BY WALLY" award :D

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2014, 01:53:47 PM »
Well got home late, checked the server, hmmm bad start.
Got it working, but was on edge and could not concentrate for too many laps in a row. Happy with race one placing.
With the random grid for race 2 (hmmm 'random'... :)),
Poor start loosing 2 positions, but pull over when I knew I was causing problems... (I had left the laptop open, hard wired to the router to setup the server easier, well not so easy), and pulled back on in last position.
Once the ping settled down, I was to able to get in contact with rooshooter and had a few epic laps, swapping spots.
Next week it will be sooooo smooth and relaxed!
looking forward to it...

Man the Cobra is just so much pleasure...
To follow on from the conversation the other night...

The Cobra started out and was built by "AC", (note!), as the "Ace" and shipped to U.S.A. for 'squeezing' the power unit in.  There were modified in the latter cars and then shipped with the ability fo easier fitting.
The last version, the one we are running, had the suspension rebuilt buy Ford's guru of suspension, Klaus Arning. (He is the man who also designed the famous "The Arning Drop" for all the Mercury, Mustang, Cougars to the front end, and was used by Shelby in his machines, and often incorrectly refered to as "The Shelby Drop")

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2014, 02:09:58 PM »
'Twas a good night.

Didn't have any practice with the combo but vaguely remembered the track from when we ran the Zonda a few (more?) months ago.  Managed to put together an OK lap in qual but was still learning the track with that car and trying different lines in the race.  The dilemma for me was whether to use 1st or 2nd gear in some of the slower corners - I'm still learning the H shifter and can't concentrate on the driving part as much as I'd like.

Race 2 would have been interesting if the connection didn't drop out the first time as I went wide on the first corner and was out of control on the grass.  I could see what was about to happen and I couldn't stop on the grass so ended up giving Bird a nudge when I shot through turn 3.  I think there were some other collisions as well.  Anyway, the race had to be reset so I was able to get a second chance :)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2014, 02:42:51 PM »
Yes Guy, it sounded exciting over TS at the pointy end of both races.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2014, 06:20:34 PM »
I think I ended up not using 1st in any corners, using the shortest gear ratio.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2014, 07:53:42 PM »
I was using first, too, but to be honest it seemed a bit too short in a few.   It's ok in T2 and at...um...T -2 (second last) as these are very tight.
The rest...not clear.  When you need to shift up before the exit, it maybe better to use 2nd.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2014, 10:41:57 AM »
Sorry for my"no show" on Thursday night but a lightning destroyed my beloved semi new billion modem and what worst the pc Ethernet rj45 port is burnt,it cant connect and recognize any hardware,i have reinstalled the driver but still I keep receiving the message(install a driver for your network adapter)... ::),,,soooo I got another modem and I have installed a usb wifi instead to it,it looks like  very good connection,so far after hours online I have experience no disco,and actually the speed is better   
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3892452083   ....really ?  heheheehee Sorry but I did not wanted to be rude or ignoring you,,shit happens,all good now!!.....finger crossed
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 10:47:54 AM by Simone »

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2014, 11:38:02 AM »
Bad luck in deed, just upgrading your system and having a lightening strike! Looks as though there is (get ready for it an analogy with a related pun!), there is a silver lining in every (lightening) cloud! Better connection.
See you next week then and we can check your ping.

Thanks for the explanation, and I can't image you being rude... :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal