Xtreme Gaming Network

S14R3: Brands Hatch GP Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S14R3: Brands Hatch GP Post-Race Chat  (Read 22827 times)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: S14R3: Brands Hatch GP Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2016, 11:05:15 AM »
even if you lose time?,  I just learned track limits from watching F1 .

anyway just to save people saying I won cause I cheated I will take a  disqualify  for the race please Wally
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2016, 11:18:37 AM »

anyway just to save people saying I won cause I cheated I will take a  disqualify  for the race please Wally
No, come on, Phil! I am sorry it sounded like I was suggesting you were cheating or something. I completely believe that you deserved that win, and any penalty now would be unfair, too late, and in all cases inappropriate.

I know as well as you do that not all cuts are the same. I just remember that when I accidentally set a lap time with a cut (at the moment was my best, but then I did much better in the second stint) at Misano, I said it on teamspeak and said that I could redress position if needed during formation lap.

Please let's not turn this into a personal thing. It was not meant to be. I just thought it would be good to open up a little discussion among us so that we can clarify what we all intend the rule to be and what could be an appropriate procedure in case one of us feels he has gained any advantage from an involuntary cut.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2016, 11:29:59 AM »
@Phil:

sorry---I realize my comment put you on the spot. I did not mean to identify you as a culprit, but only to highlight a small glitch we might be having in our procedures and perhaps suggest a way to solve it. The tone was meant to be cheeky and a little sarcastic, I admit it. But in no way it was meant to be a request to either you or Wally to do anything about last night's race. Although unintentionally, I see very well that my comment might have hurt you and I would like to apologize.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2016, 11:38:41 AM »
its all cool Grat, nothing personal at all :), I know you were not picking me out, just making an observation, But I really dont ,mind if I get a penalty for it :)
Maybe could get a grid penalty for next race or something with qualify laps set with a cut in it, I am happy to be the first victim
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2016, 11:42:39 AM »

Not saying that at all Phil, there is no actual penalty set aside for this anyway and Im sure you didnt gain time as you say. Its the reason why I think it would be easiest if game just invalidated laps so its not up to drivers and that would make it the easiest for all.

It would also be very hard for anyone to check in replays and be a pita. Thats why I suggest a next race grid penalty rather then effect the results of that race. Its not like people are cutting on purpose on qualy but its possible to set a lap on invalid laps so some sort of minor grid penalty for a future race would be a sifficiant penalty I think for anyone setting a qualy lap with plp.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2016, 12:33:42 PM »
I don't think it's worth worrying about. Long races tend to equalise out into fair results.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2016, 12:44:42 PM »
"Freezer squeezed Hornbag off track at turn 2 after passing on the inside: 50 kg penalty ballast next race."

Have to keep a eye on the stewards, team DA Racing has undue influence on them  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2016, 01:16:19 PM »
I don't think it's worth worrying about. Long races tend to equalise out into fair results.

Looking at qualy there were a few that set their fastest lap on a plp cut. Phil, Joe, Nith and Hornbag though Hornbag only ran one lap and was likely an outlap.

If there is no penalty at all for getting a cut on a qualy lap then it means there is no reason not to cut or abandon a lap if you have gone invalid.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2016, 01:16:52 PM »
Great fun ;D ;D,good racing,close and tough.Shame  in the second race  i blew everytyhing away...too bad!!! i am getting better and my qual lap was not too shabby.My aim for this championship is to grab a final position into the 10ths but i see it hard but also possible,definately it wont happen if i drive like in the 2nd race...lesson learnt,,,but  ye....i am excited to challenge again some of you on the track.
Congrats to the podium!!!!  good job!!   I remember a couples years ago i could easily make Phil eat my dust........not anymore.....dannazione!!!!!

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2016, 01:19:43 PM »

Looking at qualy there were a few that set their fastest lap on a plp cut. Phil, Joe, Nith and Hornbag though Hornbag only ran one lap and was likely an outlap.

If there is no penalty at all for getting a cut on a qualy lap then it means there is no reason not to cut or abandon a lap if you have gone invalid.

I have to say that the penalty sistem is not up tp the lovely season ,,,you can cut and get away with it,

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2016, 01:43:48 PM »

Yeah, but you can't enforce every little thing. You have to rely on honesty at some point.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2016, 02:01:59 PM »

Yeah, but you can't enforce every little thing. You have to rely on honesty at some point.
I think a reminder of the rule at the beginning of each season is more than sufficient. We are all gentlemen, nobody is going to abuse of it.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2016, 02:12:12 PM »

I think a reminder of the rule at the beginning of each season is more than sufficient. We are all gentlemen, nobody is going to abuse of it.

PLP already flashes up "Invalid lap, slow down".

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2016, 04:41:47 PM »
I had an OK night.

Accelerator is giving me the sh!#@!  Was cutting out at some points and then getting half stuck on during some corners.  I think I went off 4 times in the first race before giving it a belting with my foot and trying to drive around it as best I could.  It seemed to get better for race 2 after blowing in it and wasn't sticking as much, although was still cutting out somewhat.

Race 1 was fun being back in the pack a bit.  Had a good battle with a couple of people and tried to run long in clean air to make up some time.  Came out of the pits behind 4 others (i think).  Sorry Joe if there was any contact when we were side by side through the fast right hander at the end of the back straight - I didn't feel/hear anything and thought you must have slipped off yourself, otherwise I would have slowed down.  Marty was kind enough to let me by in T1 and then I was trying to chase Phil down but couldn't get him.  Well done on the race win Phil - well deserved.

Race 2 I managed to get the jump on Phil during lap 1 (or is that 2...) and then was able to keep a little distance between myself and second place to the end.

Good times.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2016, 07:04:44 PM »
was able to keep a little distance
you were 7 seconds ahead after 7 laps :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal