Xtreme Gaming Network

Penalties for cutting qualifying laps

Author Topic: Penalties for cutting qualifying laps  (Read 2734 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Penalties for cutting qualifying laps
« on: October 29, 2016, 07:31:35 PM »
As discussed, I'm going to start adding 10 second, post-race time penalties in the race results if you register a track cut on your fastest qualifying lap. The onus will be on you to slow down if you cut the track on a qualifying lap when the PLP app alerts you, so you don't set a fastest time with your cut lap.

I want to keep it simple, that is, no exclusions or complicated scenarios like "I only did one lap, and accidentally cut it", or "I cut just before the finish line and couldn't slow down". If you feel really aggrieved by an automatic penalty, you can let me know and I'll reverse the penalty in the results if I think the penalty is really unfair.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Penalties for cutting qualifying laps
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 06:35:39 PM »
I'm going to make this only apply the penalty if your cut lap time meant you actually gained a qualifying position, which should reduce the number of penalties quite a bit.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal