Xtreme Gaming Network

S14R4: Silverstone GP Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S14R4: Silverstone GP Post-Race Chat  (Read 16011 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: S14R4: Silverstone GP Post-Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2016, 03:24:17 PM »
I prefer standing starts, but to be honest I think the starts are the same in AC no matter what you do.  Even if it was two wide on the formation lap, no one is going to pass the leader because everyone else is reacting to him "go-ing", the same as in real-life.

But even with standing starts I don't recall ever having been passed off the line (unless intentional) - I think the starts in AC are a bit too easy.  All you have to do is floor it and then some slight modulation after the initial get away.  The thing I do prefer about standing starts is that more cars are arriving into the first corner/s closer together as everyone is going at the same time - which of course increases the risk of accidents, but that is a side-effect of close racing.

I like having it mixed up though.  Variety is the spice of life.  I think there are probably larger gaps with these cars as well because there are no aids - no TC or ABS and the cars aren't as planted to the road as your typical GT2 car - although they are a bit under-powered.

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S14R4: Silverstone GP Post-Race Chat
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2016, 03:39:59 PM »
I like what Wally reckons. ;)

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal