Xtreme Gaming Network

S14R8: Barcelona Moto Race Chat

Author Topic: S14R8: Barcelona Moto Race Chat  (Read 11814 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S14R8: Barcelona Moto Race Chat
« on: November 22, 2016, 11:12:01 PM »
This is the final round!
Marty has a healthy lead in the standings and is unlikely to be overtaken. DA Racing has a faint glimmer of hope for the team championship if Grat and I have a really good round.

2 x 16 lap sprints at Barcelona Moto, with 1 compulsory pit stop for tyres (no refuelling allowed).

You will need to download the OSRW Pit Mod.

Fuel is 1x.
Tyre wear is 2x.

Weather is:
Race 1 - 20, light clouds, light rain (85% grip)
Race 2 - 24, mid clear (dry)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S14R8: Barcelona Moto Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 11:16:33 PM »
Wally: no hopes from my side. I'm taking a plane on Tuesday morning and will be back for New Year's Eve.

I'll post a race report and a season goodbye on the other thread tomorrow. But in the meantime: thank you so much for the fantastic season and for being an excellent teammate.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 11:22:39 PM »
I will put the practice server tomorrow as the 1.10 update is also coming over night. I will put up the dry server first on the regular track and later in the week will put up a second server on the osrw track mod with the wet track.

I will put up some public servers with the new pp2 cars up first but take one of the pub servers down later and then have 2 xgn servers maybe sunday or sopner of the pib servers arent getting much attention.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 11:23:18 PM »
Wally: no hopes from my side. I'm taking a plane on Tuesday morning and will be back for New Year's Eve.

I'll post a race report and a season goodbye on the other thread tomorrow. But in the meantime: thank you so much for the fantastic season and for being an excellent teammate.
Thanks Grat! There go any hopes of a team championship... :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 11:23:46 PM »
I will put the practice server tomorrow as the 1.10 update is also coming over night. I will put up the dry server first on the regular track and later in the week will put up a second server on the osrw track mod with the wet track.

I will put up some public servers with the new pp2 cars up first but take one of the pub servers down later and then have 2 xgn servers maybe sunday or sopner of the pib servers arent getting much attention.
Thanks Marty.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 11:34:47 PM »

Thanks, let me know if I need update the server or anything 
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 11:36:44 PM »

I will update all the servers either tomorrow morning or arvo if the update isnt in before I have to go to work. Seeing it looks like rain I may be home early to test out the new patch and content anyway.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 08:05:27 AM »

I will update all the servers either tomorrow morning or arvo if the update isnt in before I have to go to work. Seeing it looks like rain I may be home early to test out the new patch and content anyway.
It doesn't look like the server was updated.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 08:23:40 AM »
Just updating it all now, servers should be up in a few minutes.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2016, 03:42:46 PM »
Ive put up a second server called XGN.COM.AU WET RACE League Practice (MR AB) +XGN for race 1 setup lower grip and a little ballast for freezer.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 04:46:32 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2016, 05:11:52 PM »
Thanks Marty. There's definitely a few corners were it's easy to drift a bit wide on the slippery track. It might open up some passing opportunities.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2016, 07:33:35 PM »
Thanks Marty. There's definitely a few corners were it's easy to drift a bit wide on the slippery track. It might open up some passing opportunities.

I dont think this track really has many passing opportunities for some reason, at least not against those running a similar pace. Ran some laps with Phil yesterday on the dry track and a few today on the wet one. I actually preferred the slippery little sucker and it is more likely that people will make some errors there, which is about the only way to pass someone here I think.

Setup wise going from the High to Low grip all I needed to change was raise pressures 1psi per tyre and moved my brake bias back from 67 to 65. The car itself on the slippery track is much more fun and gets little slides all over the place, the last 2 turns especially are ones to look out for and this will cost many a PLP warning for those overdoing them along with likely spins. The rest of the track its just a bit slower apex speeds with the hairpin and following chicane mid lap being much trickier on entry.

The damp track laps will be on this link for the round.
http://52.65.162.16:50041/lapstat?currservers=XGN%20Tuesdays%202

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2016, 08:36:08 PM »
Hey Marty, are you able to put the ballast on my car on the practice server to test with??

Thanks in advance.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2016, 08:45:30 PM »
Hey Marty, are you able to put the ballast on my car on the practice server to test with??

Thanks in advance.

You should have ballast on the wet server only, I think that you only get the ballast for that race but maybe I am wrong.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2016, 09:01:58 PM »

Thanks in advance.

You should have ballast on the wet server only, I think that you only get the ballast for that race but maybe I am wrong.
No problem . . . thanks!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal