Xtreme Gaming Network

Classic Lotus Fun Run - May 16

Author Topic: Classic Lotus Fun Run - May 16  (Read 20652 times)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Lotus Fun Run - May 16
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2017, 03:24:11 PM »
Poor effort Gratulin.

The screen is not broken, all the wheels are still attached and pointing forward, the car is not upside down and there is no flames!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2017, 04:22:46 PM »
I think it's OK. The circuit is an old circuit on public roads, and the bumps give it that feel. The shortcut section in particular is deliberately a rough old road.

[youtube]fBFFiMYJ1C8[/youtube]
For fireballs, please refer to video above.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2017, 06:00:02 PM »
 I have just read through this thread and yes it is a "forum" but working on the fact this is a community, it is in this section a racing sim forum and as such is removed from reality, so "fun" is  when ever any one is 'racing' here.

I look at all the work that many have done that sustains the high value "fun" and "satisfaction" here and appreciate how lucky I am to have the opportunity to participate.

I am a "conflict aversion" type, but I must say it, from my perspective, I wouldn't know a "rip from a scratch built" track, albeit the AC ones I know are advertised as such, and have trouble defining a poor one bu my crap sim driving.  and only measure them in my "fun".
"Cobra, the whole Cobra and nothing but the Cobra" initial mod release when compared to the AC's version was poor, but we here at XGN Thursday played a part in moving this mod into the mainstream's attention and having it picked up by AC.
I am sure there may be other opportunities for other mods and tracks to transition this way too, or have been without our knowledge?
If we don't try them..?

thank goodness this is a "forum" :)

"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2017, 06:09:39 PM »
Server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2017, 09:39:35 PM »
Sorry guys, I was using my phone for internet and I mustnt have plugged the charger in properly because it ran out of battery  ::)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2017, 09:51:59 PM »
Sorry guys, I was using my phone for internet and I mustnt have plugged the charger in properly because it ran out of battery  ::)
We're not racing the E-49, you know  :-X

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2017, 10:10:56 PM »
RACE RESULTS

Race 1
1. Kcender87
2. Wally
3. Seanus

Race 2
1. Kcender87
2. Phil.8
3. Bacchulum

Fun cars, I reckon. When you're close to someone, or even side by side, they are nice to slide in tandem, so long as you don't touch! But very unpredictable, in terms of big high-damage crashes, or blown engines and/or gearboxes. That's often true of a lot of open wheeler types - you can crash big. But it sure makes the final race positions unpredictable.

The 49 was probably the better of the two cars - at least it was easier to brake in a straight line. I found the rear of the 49 was more liable to snap out on throttle than the slower 25 though.

Race 2 was going well with some good racing with Joe and Phil, until I got a tiny bit distracted glancing over to see Seanus in the pits, and ended up plowing into the grass embankment which royally screwed up my car.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 10:47:16 PM by Wally »

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2017, 10:18:50 PM »
The 49 was probably the better of the two cars - at least it was easier to brake in a straight line. I found the rear of the 49 was more liable to snap out on throttle than the slower 25 though.

Yip found the 49 more enjoyable. Would be a lot easier on modern tracks without the many level changes.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2017, 10:48:28 PM »
Hunted: grat (avg gap to car behind 8.32 secs)
Busiest: grat (avg total gap in front and behind 14.86 secs)

AHAHAHHAHAH!!!!! Close racing tonight ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2017, 08:25:14 AM »
Hunted: grat (avg gap to car behind 8.32 secs)
Busiest: grat (avg total gap in front and behind 14.86 secs)

AHAHAHHAHAH!!!!! Close racing tonight ;)
Yes, looking at the graphs in the race results, it looks like we were able to stay bunched up better in the 25, with a bunch of us finishing within 45 seconds. There were more big crashes in the 49, which spread the field out more.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2017, 10:40:06 AM »
I have to say that once I got the hang of it I enjoyed the 25 way more than the 49. It was harder to drive but felt more rewarding to me.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2017, 11:20:51 AM »
Personally I much preferred the 49. I hadn't driven either before the night and didn't do a complete qually lap in either but by the race I still had good fun. I was a little harsh on the gearbox in the 49 using the gears to slow me down and not really blipping as much as I needed to. Had a good fun few laps with Wally and Phil getting past Wally a couple of times but then missing gears and letting him by again. I seemed to have more pace on the downhill section at the start as it's fun getting it loose down there. Eventually the gear box had enough as was gone with a few laps to go..  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal