Xtreme Gaming Network

S9R1: Imola post-race

Author Topic: S9R1: Imola post-race  (Read 24718 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S9R1: Imola post-race
« on: October 13, 2015, 10:17:09 PM »
RACE RESULTS AND CHARTS
SEASON STANDINGS

Penalties
Race 1:
Simone for running into the back of Bacchulum
Gratulin for running into the back of Bafs17
Phil.8 hitting Grat was a side-by-side racing incident, the barest of contacts, that also sent Grat into Jeremy. No penalties.

Race 2:
Phil.8 for running into the back of Simone
Simone and EdWood had a side-by-side racing incident. No penalties.
Gratulin had an airborne warp!

Speeding penalties
Half the people got them, half didn't, so it looks like it may be OK. I will do some testing and double-check it. Unfortunately, AC1.3 changed the way that an app can detect if a car is in pit lane.

Round Points
Jeremy    68
StanDaam    63
Skaife    62
Freezer    61
EdWood    59
Grat    57
Bacchulum    55
Joe    55
Matthew111    53
Wally    52
Phil.8    46
Grubbet    44
Chap111    38
Mael    38
Schmittez    28
Bafs17    25
Will    25
Gratulin    21
G0RGAK    20
Simone    20
Rolz    5

Podium after round 1:
1. Jeremy, 68
2. StanDaam, 63
3. Skaife, 62

Teams Podium:
1. Caterpillar Racing (Freezer and Skaife), 123
2. Struggle Street Racing Crew (Matthew111 and Jeremy), 121
3. Golden Goat Gatherers (Joe and StanDaam), 118
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 11:56:41 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S9R1: Imola post-race
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 10:46:16 PM »
Pretty good night for me.  I went with a bit lower down force thinking the only passing opportunity was on the straight, and softened the car a bit for consistency. 
R1 Starting from 8th I got a decent jump but coming out of the first chicane the seas parted with cars going each way and I sailed through into 4th behind Phil.  I knew he was quicker so settled in and from there it was a pretty quite race.
R2  Started from fifth and after the jump was behind Joe whom I followed until lap 12.  I couldn't really catch him but could keep him within reach.
I only did fuel and and returning to the track had jumped Joe by a reasonable margin.  With 6 laps to go I just focused on keeping it clean but in the dying stages Joe came up behind but I managed to cross the line just in front of him for 4th.
Good start for Team Caterpillar with Skaifey doing well also..!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 11:21:37 PM by Freezer »

Offline Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 11:00:31 PM »
RCE1
Got a pretty good jump from the 2nd row and was side by side with matthew going into T1 being the first corner I backed off a little and was going to settle in behind him before I knew it I was facing the wrong way. Was right at the back and had some good battles along the way, Car had a little damage but was still able to drive it with some pace ended up making my way to 7th which wasnt a bad result in the end..

RCE2
Got another good launch and came into T1 third, forgot who was 2nd but the spun right in front and i managed to dodge them. The chase for p1 was on skaife had a pretty nice lead by the first lap, the ballast killed my straight line speed so it felt like i was making no in roads into the gap. We caught back markers a few laps before we pitted but he still held onto the lead when he went into the pits. I took a gamble and stayed out another lap, It almost paid off as he just snuck past me with the extra speed down the straight as I was exiting pit lane. I pushed hard trying to force a mistake and on lap 17 it happened going through the first "S" he got a little to eager on the gas and was able to pass him, being slightly slower he hounded me the rest of the lap and I locked the front left going down the hill into 2nd to last corner. We were side by side through the last corner and he got me on exit, but with the tow I soon caught him and went around the outside into T1 made the move stick he had a big moment ontop of the hill and gave me a massive gap which i managed all the way to the flag in P1.

Great racing all see you next week!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 11:02:13 PM »
Good night for the Goats!

Q1 I couldn't get my shit together at all either spinning off or getting held up. Went from 18th to 15th in they dying seconds. Managed to avoid all the carnage at the start of R1 and ended up in 7th behind my teamy Stan. Wasn't really anyone behind so just took it easy until lap 9 where I see somebody in my mirrors. Wait for the straight... look back... oh shit, it's Jeremy! 2 laps left, can I hold him off... Picked up my pace a little, but he was closing. He got a better exit before the hill into the last chicane and got on my inside; made sure I gave plenty of room, would rather loose one spot than take us both out, so ended up in 8th.

R1 started 3rd on the grid I think, Will got past we then spun off so back into 3rd with Jeremy in front and Freezer behind. I had a pretty decent gap on Freezer but he was still there. Pitted after lap 11 I think, hesitated a bit with tyres due to sometimes forgetting to change them in the past. then came out with Stan behind me. Where's Freezer? Huh... I can't even see him... must have had a super quick stop! Rest of the race with Stan behind me getting through the back markers then with a couple of laps to go.. there's Freezer! Last lap I got pretty close to him through the last chicane, then got a good line through the following lefts right on his tail through the second one then put the power down but couldn't quite get him before the line. Awesome race!

Go Goats!

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 11:45:34 PM »
Not a brilliant night for me,i was overloaded with positive outcome
Sorry to Bacchulum,i honestly got distracted by some lag.....race1......race 2 real sorry to Edwood i did not see you i thought you were well behind  plus i had to steer on the left to avoid someone else,,,,,but just a racing night to forget,,,sorry to everybody!!!

toatl of meters drove....500   terrible,maybe is time to hang the wheel on the wall?? :-[

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 11:58:07 PM »
toatl of meters drove....500   terrible,maybe is time to hang the wheel on the wall?? :-[
Never! You have to suck it up, put your head down and keep going. Get some points. Work through the field. Have fun!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 12:14:58 AM »
Damn, looks like I lost 2 positions due to the pit speed penalty :( very very very slow for next race then. I guess we'll never know if Stan sped into the pits as he wasn't running PLP ;)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 12:17:24 AM by Joe »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 07:47:45 AM »
Damn, looks like I lost 2 positions due to the pit speed penalty :( very very very slow for next race then. I guess we'll never know if Stan sped into the pits as he wasn't running PLP ;)
I'll definitely test it on the weekend, as I felt pretty slow too, as I'd practiced my pit lane entry, but I still got a penalty.

In both races I was behind Gratulin, who bogged down off the line, and I had to go around him - always a dangerous manoeuvre. The highlight of race 1 was drafting Stan down the straight, with Skaife up my ass as well, and managing to still pull out from behind Stan and make the pass without taking Skaife out. I put that down to good awarenesses from Skaife. That gave me a nice little momentary adrenalin surge. After that the race settled down and I just had to keep an eye on Stan who was a couple of seconds behind me for the rest of the race.

Race 2, I got hit by Matthew111 early. I didn't see the replay, but it felt like it might have been a warp. It put me into the wall where I got light damage, maybe losing a second or so in lap time. I pitted earlyish on lap 8, filled it up, repaired the damage, and came home in a lonely second stint where I barely saw anybody else.

I was happy afterwards that I had kept it clean. No offs, despite my right foot nearly being too heavy on some corner exits a few times. Team engineer Phil.8's setup worked well for me. All I tweaked was a little less power lock on the diff.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 08:36:58 AM »
Tough night for me. That is, I was actually feeling sick (for obvious reasons, I spare you the details). That said, I was able to find some sort of rhythm for quali1, battling for the 4th place on the grid with Phil, who seemed to have the tiniest edge on me. I think he probably made a mistake on his last lap, so I managed to start 4th.

Unfortunately race 1 went bad. I had a great jump off the start, but with a three-way wall ahead of me, I had to lift after 2 or 3 hundred meters. Tried hard to stay out of troubles through t1-t3, but my slow pace brought Phil on my right through the chicane and we touched, ricocheted on Jeremy's gearbox and spun off-track. I tried my best to recover all the positions I could, but in 10 laps I could not do much.

Q2 was a disaster. I could not feel the car well, and had to abort most of my laps (I think I managed only 1). I realized after the race that maybe it was because of the ballast, but at the time I did not notice I had any.

Again a great jump from the start, from 10th to 5th. I am now behind Freezer. Faster here, slower there, but with Stan Daam pretty close behind forcing my eyes on the mirrors. The car still feels a bit strange by lap 4, when I lose a bit of focus entering Acque Minerali and I oversteer into the first bend. Miraculously, I managed to avoid all solid obstacles and get back to the track without damage. The rest of the race was just lapping around: after the pit stop, the car feels better for whatever reason and I manage to find a decent rhythm. But I could only cut the gap from Stan by a pair of seconds of 7 they were. So it was useless. Actually: worse than useless: if I did not try to go for some useless fast laps, now I would have much less ballast next race.

POST-IT for the rest of the season: if it's not worth it, go slow. Think wise: think ballast!

Ticket to Wally: what if instead of the fastest lap you use average lap disregarding outliers (as in: drop best 2 and worst 2 laps and take the average of the others). I mean: we do not want to discourage last laps heroic charges.

Rolz

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2015, 08:41:03 AM »
Absolutely spewing that my PC crashed out last night... tried to make it back in for race 2 but every time I fired up AC it would BSOD.

The amount of practice I put in on the weekend and the PC was solid - my times were consistent... dammit...

I suspect it still my video cards causing the issue... time to ditch the old SLI cards and get a nice new one...

Was hoping when my PC crashed I didn't wipe out Freezer as I was getting closer.

Cya next week!

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2015, 09:01:41 AM »
Absolutely spewing that my PC crashed out last night... tried to make it back in for race 2 but every time I fired up AC it would BSOD.

The amount of practice I put in on the weekend and the PC was solid - my times were consistent... dammit...

I suspect it still my video cards causing the issue... time to ditch the old SLI cards and get a nice new one...

Was hoping when my PC crashed I didn't wipe out Freezer as I was getting closer.

Cya next week!
Sad to hear, Rolz. And bad news for DA Racing and all our fans, of course. But I like the spirit: the season is long!

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 09:27:22 AM »
Never! You have to suck it up, put your head down and keep going. Get some points. Work through the field. Have fun!

SHIT YE!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 09:39:35 AM »
Great night for the Goats!!  :D
And freakin hooray I solved my not seeing any apps when in car dilemma!!! :) After the race (after I updated my gfx drivers) I did a verify the integrity of game cache test on steam for AC and it came up with 7 errors. Fixed the errors, jump back in game and finally I can see all my apps in car!!! Hoooray, it nearly killed me not having my Helicorsa, not to mention all the other ones. The basic displays in AC are pretty woeful. Sorry about not running the PLP, I was trouble shooting before the race and had taken out all my apps except for Helicorsa. If you watch my replay I was very cautious entering the pits I swear!!  ;D

But onto the racing!! Solid night for the Goats, both of us in the top 5 race 2 was the highlight!! ;D Managing to avoid any big issues for both of us was a miracle. Had some steady battles with Wally, Freezer n Joe, and with my apps down, I was happy just to bring it home clean n straight.

Go Goats!!!
Maaaaa!!!
 ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2015, 09:54:47 AM »
Tough night for me. That is, I was actually feeling sick (for obvious reasons, I spare you the details). That said, I was able to find some sort of rhythm for quali1, battling for the 4th place on the grid with Phil, who seemed to have the tiniest edge on me. I think he probably made a mistake on his last lap, so I managed to start 4th.

Unfortunately race 1 went bad. I had a great jump off the start, but with a three-way wall ahead of me, I had to lift after 2 or 3 hundred meters. Tried hard to stay out of troubles through t1-t3, but my slow pace brought Phil on my right through the chicane and we touched, ricocheted on Jeremy's gearbox and spun off-track. I tried my best to recover all the positions I could, but in 10 laps I could not do much.

Q2 was a disaster. I could not feel the car well, and had to abort most of my laps (I think I managed only 1). I realized after the race that maybe it was because of the ballast, but at the time I did not notice I had any.

Again a great jump from the start, from 10th to 5th. I am now behind Freezer. Faster here, slower there, but with Stan Daam pretty close behind forcing my eyes on the mirrors. The car still feels a bit strange by lap 4, when I lose a bit of focus entering Acque Minerali and I oversteer into the first bend. Miraculously, I managed to avoid all solid obstacles and get back to the track without damage. The rest of the race was just lapping around: after the pit stop, the car feels better for whatever reason and I manage to find a decent rhythm. But I could only cut the gap from Stan by a pair of seconds of 7 they were. So it was useless. Actually: worse than useless: if I did not try to go for some useless fast laps, now I would have much less ballast next race.

POST-IT for the rest of the season: if it's not worth it, go slow. Think wise: think ballast!

Ticket to Wally: what if instead of the fastest lap you use average lap disregarding outliers (as in: drop best 2 and worst 2 laps and take the average of the others). I mean: we do not want to discourage last laps heroic charges.
I will consider it.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2015, 01:30:32 PM »
Solid night for the Goats, both of us in the top 5 race 2 was the highlight!! ;D

Unfortunately with my penalty I ended up 6th and you took 3rd.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal