Xtreme Gaming Network

S17R3: Spa post-race chat

Author Topic: S17R3: Spa post-race chat  (Read 23539 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: S17R3: Spa post-race chat
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2017, 12:18:22 PM »
Last night was the first time I had used Oculus Rift in AC, actually just got it delivered last Friday and had used it in iracing on the weekend for the 24hr lemans. It was quite an experience to have VR running last night in the close battles that I was involved in. Really exciting stuff!
Cool! You mind me asking what GPU you are using and how it goes with Oculus? I have a 980 and I fear it would not be enough...

From my understanding you'd be ok. You'd probably have to turn a few settings down to get the 90fps, but AC isn't really that demanding on GPU.

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2017, 12:41:27 PM »
Last night was the first time I had used Oculus Rift in AC, actually just got it delivered last Friday and had used it in iracing on the weekend for the 24hr lemans. It was quite an experience to have VR running last night in the close battles that I was involved in. Really exciting stuff!
Cool! You mind me asking what GPU you are using and how it goes with Oculus? I have a 980 and I fear it would not be enough...

From my understanding you'd be ok. You'd probably have to turn a few settings down to get the 90fps, but AC isn't really that demanding on GPU.

Yep - I second that - Rift here too but running on gtx970 - whack most of the setting down as I find it less important to read signs and count blades of grass than having silky 90fps - 980 will be fine sir

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2017, 01:07:21 PM »

Yep - I second that - Rift here too but running on gtx970 - whack most of the setting down as I find it less important to read signs and count blades of grass than having silky 90fps - 980 will be fine sir

I don't really know, I have a 1080 but these guys seem to say you'll be ok so I'd say go with their opinion :)

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2017, 04:07:42 PM »
I shouldnt drive when i have been up since 5am on 5hrs sleep lol, surprised i got pole i wasnt happy with any of my laps.

Race 1: Got past grat after he got me lap 1, was looking good and i bumped the drs button... so i assumed i needed a 5 sec gap so i pushed pretty hard all race got it too 4.5 when i pitted. Came out the pits behind a lapped car went to overtake it at the hairpin but the gap disappeared and i clipped them trying to pull out and it put me into a spin. then i think chap found my stranded car and he watched me struggle to find reverse lol and that was the end of that race so came 4th or something.

Race 2: Got hit into t1 from behind got wing damage so the car was twitchy but i decided to still push for kcender and the thing just spun on entry at the right hander at the start of s3 and again someone found my stranded car and damaged my front wing and I limped home 11th... an awake me may have saved the car who knows an annoying error lol
do you even motorsports?

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2017, 04:10:54 PM »
I shouldnt drive when i have been up since 5am on 5hrs sleep lol, surprised i got pole i wasnt happy with any of my laps.

Try having 3 kids 6 and under; that's me every single day  ;D

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2017, 04:52:19 PM »
haha it isnt fun, i do the dumbest stuff when im tired literally cant remember what i did 5 secs ago let alone drive a car haha
do you even motorsports?

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2017, 05:52:00 PM »
Hah you get used to it being the norm. Maybe one day I'll find the other half of my brain i appear to have lost.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2017, 05:58:01 PM »
Qual: I never do that well in qual.

Race 1: Got damage at the start which affected grip. It was a good drive after that, but could have used the extra grip I lost. Had fun driving around in front of Bacculum.  lol

Race 2; was doing alright until I had a spin in the last chicane...I hate slow chicanes. I also spun somewhere else and broke my wings again. I could have done with the grip I lost but really enjoyed the driving last night. Some great moves pulled on me, and wish I could have returned the favour

Good racing fellows

Offline KeRo

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2017, 06:48:02 PM »
But I think Wally did not notice Shayne overlapping and he was on a trajectory moving left, so that the space closed. Congrats to Shayne for holding it together on the grass, though. I would have spun and take both cars out!
That's it, really. I didn't know Shayne was there and should have noticed him on Helicorsa.

KeRo you're not using the old PitConfig app, are you? If you are, you should ditch that and just rely on AC's pitstop strategy.

Hey Wally, no old pit apps... its strange because i did a singleplayer race and pitted no problem but tried in the race on the practice sever the other day and driving into the pits doesnt't seem to work for me...

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2017, 07:56:07 PM »
But I think Wally did not notice Shayne overlapping and he was on a trajectory moving left, so that the space closed. Congrats to Shayne for holding it together on the grass, though. I would have spun and take both cars out!
That's it, really. I didn't know Shayne was there and should have noticed him on Helicorsa.

KeRo you're not using the old PitConfig app, are you? If you are, you should ditch that and just rely on AC's pitstop strategy.

Hey Wally, no old pit apps... its strange because i did a singleplayer race and pitted no problem but tried in the race on the practice sever the other day and driving into the pits doesnt't seem to work for me...
You can configure it in the last tab under Setup, but also as you come into pit lane it flashed up and you can adjust things using the arrow keys on your keypad...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2017, 09:17:03 PM »

What does it do when you pit?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline KeRo

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2017, 09:56:38 PM »
It doesn't do anything I pull up then have to press escape to pit.....

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2017, 08:38:32 AM »
It doesn't do anything I pull up then have to press escape to pit.....

Hey Kero!!  I am a noob but have you set the "pit strategy" tab with the proper values?,ex:  add litres,change compound(tyres)...?
Also make sure you save it for and use the set up for when you race. 
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2017, 08:43:52 AM »
Hey wally... 8) 8) 8)   cant recover yet from my mistake in the last lap in race 2....i am a noob......

cmon mugello!!! i am racing HOME!!!!!!   :P :P :P

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2017, 08:51:05 AM »
Be sure to have 'MEDIUM" selected under the Compounds tab.
'NO CHANGE' doesn't mean keep the same compound, it means don't change tyres. ;)
(quite a few of us have made that mistake)

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal