Xtreme Gaming Network

S33R6 - Daytona - June 30

Author Topic: S33R6 - Daytona - June 30  (Read 8603 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S33R6 - Daytona - June 30
« on: June 16, 2020, 10:47:43 PM »
Bacchulum takes the round win, with a win in race 1 and 2nd in race 2. With a slightly better result than Joe, Phil moves into a clear championship lead.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Bacchulum   71
Phil.8   65
Mael   64
ab156   63
Joe   62
Freezer   60
Simone   56
AGK   55
Wally   49
Rob   45
DaveReid   41
JamieP   14
Dave O   0

Penalties
None

Season Standings
1. Phil.8, 326
2. Joe, 323
3. Mael, 316

This round at Daytona Road Course (download) is another round with a compulsory pit stop in race 2, where tyres must be changed.

Race 1 is a sprint of 8 laps, and race 2 is the feature race of 16 laps, with the compulsory pit stop for tyres. You can pit any time except for the last lap, and refuelling is optional.

Success Ballast
Joe, 25 kg
Phil, 20 kg
Mael, 15 kg
ab156, 10 kg
Freezer, 5 kg (tied with me for 5th on points, but Freezer is ahead on countback)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 10:25:18 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S33R6 - Daytona - POSTPONED
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 10:34:39 AM »
Hey fellas, I've hurt my back so I can't race tonight. I'm going to have to postpone this Daytona race for a week.

Perhaps Phil wants to set up some fun run or something for tonight. Sorry.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 12:59:18 PM »
will do,  get well soon Wally
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 03:38:32 PM »
will do,  get well soon Wally
Too many sheeple...
[Just noticed Phil's signature and couldn't resist...haha]
Anyway, guess I'll be back next season. Get better soon, Wally.

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 03:53:06 PM »
Take care Wally, and get well soon.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 04:28:35 PM »
Thanks guys, it shouldn't take too long hopefully with some rest.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2020, 04:55:45 PM »
Take care Wally, and get well soon.
+ 1, back injuries suck!!

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2020, 07:54:25 PM »
Sorry to hear about your back but works well for me. Have to work tonight.

Hope it feels better soon Wally

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S33R6 - Daytona - June 30
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2020, 09:27:35 AM »
Back on track to run this round June 30.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2020, 05:57:46 PM »
Server's up.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2020, 07:49:50 PM »
Sorry but I’m not going to be able to race this week as the kids are on holidays.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2020, 10:25:31 PM »
Results are up.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2020, 10:44:39 PM »
That first corner of race 1, that was my fault. I was on the right of 3 cars wide, and turned into Mael. I bounced off him into the wall and straight on through the witches hats, which of course totally ruined my good qually result. I had a bit of good racing with AGK for a while, until I had a huge spin at the chicane, after which my race was pretty lonely.

Race 2 wasn't any better. Early on, I tapped Simone's rear and spun him, so redressed which put me last. Then one time through turn 1, it was like my brakes just didn't work at all, and I speared right into the tyre wall which damaged my car, so I pitted a little earlier. Again, had some good to and fro chasing AGK, but at one point I clipped the wall and got a little damage again which cost a little lap time. The last lap was a good drafting duel with AGK - I was passed him, but got loose on the chicane allowing him to close right up for the draft again, and in the race to the line we touched side to side and both spun. I thought I was a bit at fault there, so I redressed while Simone passed us both with manic laughter.

So my report card is: should have done better.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2020, 10:56:31 PM »
That first corner of race 1, that was my fault. I was on the right of 3 cars wide, and turned into Mael. I bounced off him into the wall and straight on through the witches hats, which of course totally ruined my good qually result. I had a bit of good racing with AGK for a while, until I had a huge spin at the chicane, after which my race was pretty lonely.

Race 2 wasn't any better. Early on, I tapped Simone's rear and spun him, so redressed which put me last. Then one time through turn 1, it was like my brakes just didn't work at all, and I speared right into the tyre wall which damaged my car, so I pitted a little earlier. Again, had some good to and fro chasing AGK, but at one point I clipped the wall and got a little damage again which cost a little lap time. The last lap was a good drafting duel with AGK - I was passed him, but got loose on the chicane allowing him to close right up for the draft again, and in the race to the line we touched side to side and both spun. I thought I was a bit at fault there, so I redressed while Simone passed us both with manic laughter.

So my report card is: should have done better.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2020, 11:04:09 PM »
Couldn't quite put together a qually lap to match practice but started 6th.  With others spinning I was up to 4th chasing Joe.
I was inching up on him and hoped to get a good run on the last lap but a bit to good exit of the bus stop saw me tap him and he was around (sorry Joe).
I chugged over the line from there.
Second race saw me having a hard chase on Phil which despite his extra 20kg I couldn't really draft pass completely.  I eventually got an inside run into the bus stop
but I couldn't quite hold the apex and we banged doors and I was around.  From there it was a lonely race to the flag.
As I mentioned post race, had some excessive surging with Phil, nearly rear ended him on the home straight such was the severity.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal