Xtreme Gaming Network

Setups

Author Topic: Setups  (Read 108909 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Setups
« on: May 25, 2014, 10:14:48 AM »
Hi all.

Thought I'd share some of my setups via Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ymjaam3zbhsgekh/AAC4IqrcBa8p4_zUXI7C0BGFa

I've created links to my AC folder so if I make a change down the track the setup in Dropbox should also change.

There's only a few that I wouldn't go back and fine-tune too much.  Most though are just what I've created in the 10 minutes or so of practice/qualifying when the cars and tracks come up in MP.

The Formula Abarth @ Monza is one that works particularly well for me and I spent a bit of time on.

I'm new to setups so I'm sure there are some other changes that could be made (there are a few settings I don't touch) but I hope it helps.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 10:16:58 AM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline BJSRacer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Setups
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 10:28:35 AM »
Thanks GBTW  ;D

Will have a crack with them for sure and report back.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 12:18:21 PM »
Hmmm, bugger. It doesn't seem to be syncing automatically.  I have to manually click the sync button.  Any tips?

All fixed.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 11:12:41 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 11:26:38 PM »
Wouldnt mind a setup in the Thurs nite cars especially the old lotus at old Monza my least favourite combo so dont want to have to run too many more laps then I need to.  ;)

Could be way more fun in a race then boring hotlaps

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 05:07:13 AM »
Wouldnt mind a setup in the Thurs nite cars especially the old lotus at old Monza my least favourite combo so dont want to have to run too many more laps then I need to.  ;)

Could be way more fun in a race then boring hotlaps

There should be setups for both Thursday night races - "Lotus 49 - Monza 66", and "Ferrari 312T - Monza GP".  Let me know if they aren't there.

I'm a fan of the old Lotus, although I'm not particularly quick with it, but it's fun sliding it around.

Offline DarrenM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 07:38:26 AM »
I'm currently faster in the 312T@monza with default downforce level. Race should be interesting when we see what people use. It's a long way to T1 :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 08:30:54 AM »
Yeah, I need downforce here too. At first I thought "Monza... drop the wings".
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 12:42:36 PM »
Ok Thanks got all your sets will try a few and post my own here If I find any of mine better for me at least.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 10:30:46 PM »
I thought this thread is worth a sticky - here's my group A setup for imola.  I did a 59.2 with it at some point...which I can't really replicate now :)

btw it goes into bmw_m3_e30_gra

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 10:53:48 PM »
Not bad bird,i gave it a spin to compare with the one I had already and I an finding it a bit over steering.

...great time though

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 11:29:12 PM »
Not bad bird,i gave it a spin to compare with the one I had already and I an finding it a bit over steering.

...great time though

I like oversteering, remember ? :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 09:06:50 PM »
I will give yours a try Bird, I just spent a bit of time trying just about everything low df high df and each set I can get a high 59 same as the default lol. Seems no matter what I do it balances out over a lap and gets pretty much the same lap time but still anything under 2 min is a pretty solid lap for me.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 10:56:08 PM »
I tried Birds but Im not good enough to drive that consistently  ;D I did borrow your gearing though as that's probably where I was most lost.

I still cant get the braking right and really locks up easily but did 1:58.75 which ran just wide exit of piratella so wasn't RSR legal but did a low 1:59.19 in RSR. Could do sub 58 with this as I was .7 under my best then messed up the last turns, sifts are only optimum on the 3rd lap I find but they do last quite well and this can do low 59's quite easily I think.

I dont know if this car as any rear brake I made changes to this but could still lock fronts at 78 balance but reducing front camber improved this quite a bit but its still pretty tip toey on the brakes as they are at the edge of locking just slightly all the way around for me.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 11:09:01 PM »
Bird's setup just took 1.5 seconds off my PB within 5 laps!  Feels almost perfect for me.  Might fiddle with the brake bias a little but other than that it feels spot-on.  Thanks Bird.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2014, 09:36:06 AM »
With Bird's setup, I could do a 2:01.891. But with Marty's setup, I got to a 2:00.671. I made a few further tweaks to Marty's - just moved the brake bias more rearward as I was locking up too much, to 67, and also lowered the front/rear rollbars to 0/3 to reduce the temp difference left and right. This got me down to 2:00.214, about 1.2 seconds off my PB.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal