Xtreme Gaming Network

Japanese pack server

Author Topic: Japanese pack server  (Read 28648 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Japanese pack server
« on: July 06, 2016, 09:01:08 PM »
Hey Marty, can you put one of your servers up with the Japanese cars that are a candidate for the next season, and leave it up for a while to gather times for comparison? With set conditions, say 26 degrees,  clear and 100% grip, at a fairly "balanced" AC track which is neither too fast nor too slow, so no car is unfairly advantaged.  Maybe Brands Hatch Indy? Or Imola?

Then it would be good if people could just rack up as many laps as possible in a variety of cars to see either if some cars should be excluded,  or given some equalising ballast.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Japanese pack server
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 11:34:37 PM »
Ok done I have an ABC rated server for Imola with all the Jap pack cars, all xgn users should also be on the whitelist for this server as they are all my servers. Any xgn guys unable to get into any marty's server or the tuesday practice server send me a pm with your GUID and I will make sure your added to the list.

The server is optimal grip with 26/36 temps running a short qualy of 12 min and 6 lap race. If anyone wants to extend the session lengths you should be able to in server with the stracker commands.
/st session qtime 15

would make the next qual session 15 minutes.

/st rlaps 10 would make the next race 10 laps long.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 11:55:47 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 07:58:51 AM »
Thanks.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 11:53:30 PM »
Here is the stracker stats for that server, quite a few laps had been run in these cars earlier with less grip and street tyres, I then changed it to a ballast server but the MX5 cup I didnt have in before. Honestly I still hope we dont have the mx5 cup in the season as its just too different and would be a great car for a single car season some other time possibly.

Later I will move them to a smaller track as Imola does hurt the cars a bit under power more then a smaller track. The RX7 will likely be quickest by a bit but I was surprised the pace I got out of the 370. Those laps were very close to as good as I could do and in the Rx7 Cherno only did a few and all mine were very messy far from feeling in control of that car. I did just run some laps in the Supra and that really doesnt have much more in it. The R34 probably has a bit but I was experimenting with pressures not believing Wally's app. But maybe it should have 40psi hot which just seems wrong to me but lower pressures seem to make it quite a bit slower in the straights.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 07:57:11 AM »
Missing link Marty?

Yes, it would be good to use a smaller track too. I agree that the MX5 might be out of place, even though people enjoyed it in the fun runs we had. Good for a single make series.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 10:01:04 AM »
Oops forgot to press the paste button.  :-[

http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapstat?currservers=acserver3

Actually seems that link shows only laps in this server not past laps in this combo as seen ingame. I did have a look at the rsr times and noticed the Supra did 2:06.6 so I tried it in hotlap mode. It was possibe to do that time but thats with tyre warmers and on the first lap when tyres are at 100%. At first I couldnt see that time possible and Thats 1.3 seconds faster then I could do in the server, so rsr can show more the ultimate pace but this server should show more what people can get in race conditions. You cant really compare the 2 directly.

That server has no tyre warmers and it really takes more then 2 laps to get temps up and by the  the tyres have lost a bit. Also RSR is a bit stricter on track limits then the server which is set to 2 tyres out to try and keep times legit without excessive track limits abuse as Imola can lead to that. Even with tyre warmers the cars are quickest on lap 1 and only hotlap mode lets you get a flying lap on the first one so that nearly always makes it quicker. I will run each of the cars in server and hotlap mode in rsr, I think the time gaps will be much the same between them but hotlap mode will be around 1.5 sec faster in each I think.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 10:09:08 AM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 08:10:20 PM »
I have averaged the top 5 times for each car from these lap stats:

RX7 2:06.6 (30 times total)
370z 2:07.3 (27 times)
Skyline 2:09.8 (18 times)
Supra 2:10.6 (11 times)
MX5 2:14.4 (15 times)

We'll see what comes out of the server running a track like Brands Hatch Indy too.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2016, 03:28:10 PM »
Marty 2:04.7 in the RX7?!?!?!? I think you found the trick to break through into the faster times!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 04:08:54 PM »
Marty 2:04.7 in the RX7?!?!?!? I think you found the trick to break through into the faster times!

I have put setups for all the cars in the server but may need to update some as I ran all in rsr hotlap mode too. The key to most of them is under braking not to smash the pedal, if you go too hard it shifts too much weight to the front and then makes the cars a fair way off balance. Rx7 probably suffers the most from this but all the cars being a fair bit lighter on the brakes is much quicker. You just need the cars to be stable on entry then get on the power as quick as possible. The rx7 also has very little power in the lower rpm range so coming in too hot and losing speed at the apex can cost big chunks of time. Pretty much the cars need to be driven as smooth as possible and some sections I just about coast in to make sure not to unsettle the cars.

Also thats the server times, I tried all cars in hotlap mode also same settings, 26/36 optimum grip RSR pro mode only factory abs, however as RSR is broken and not recording temps they dont show up but was the same as the server. Possibly also with no tyre warmers the tyres may get a tiny bit of graining as they warmup taking the edge off it in the server times plus traffic really doesn't help getting in an optimal laptime.

http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=driver_profile&id=2811

2:03.9 in the supra ;) running solo with tyre warmers on the first lap is considerably quicker if you put in a good lap on the first lap as the tyres are at 100% there.

The only car I couldn't quite get the best rsr time is the mx5 cup, had the sectors for it by a few tenths but couldn't combine the first and last pb sectors or close in the same lap. I do kind of suck in the MX5 cup though and I think its the trickiest car to nail a lap in.

Of the other cars here the r34 is the hardest to go quick, it just doesnt quite turn in as well, is a bit down on power and also probably the heaviest of the lot so braking not its strength either. It really needs a turbo boost and it would easily match the 370 or rx7 much the same as the supra. It would be nice if instead of ballast we could simply give more power to the slower 2 cars as these are very rarely driven as stock anyway.

I will do some more testing in the server with ballast to try get the 2 faster cars to match the 2 slower ones, then later will move the server to Brands Indy with no ballast and see what times people can get there. Then I will try the ballast levels from Imola to see if it would be possible to use the same ballast on a long or short track and get the cars close to each other. I think ideally we would want to run all 4 cars and potentially get all 4 to be able to do the same laptime, this would mean there is no real disadvantage to choosing either car. As is currently the rx7 is clearly quickest but the 370 a bit easier to drive and not miles away, the other 2 with equal drivers in both would be a fair way behind.

I am just uploading a video atm comparing all 5 of my RSR laps to show how the cars compare and will add it in once its up in a few minutes.

Race wise I tried the mx5 cup in a few yesterday and it can be fun but has no hope really, on a shorter track it may dominate but here it is just way too slow. There really isnt any way of making that car even amongst these as its very much a different class even if laptimes arent miles apart in it.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2016, 04:09:55 PM »

RX-7 Spirit R
02:05.7
370z Nismo
02:06.3
Supra MKIV
02:08.7
Skyline GTR R34 V-Spec
02:08.9

This is the average of the best 5 times for each car. It's looking like a bit of ballast for the Rx-7 and a little less for the 370z to bring them closer to the Supra and the Skyline might be the go.

A bit of a ballast test would be good Marty. Can you make those stats show up separately to all of these unballasted times?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 04:12:06 PM by Wally »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2016, 04:26:34 PM »
Yes with stracker you can then easily compare ballast laps, can use the lap graph and it also shows ballast used. I did have ballast on the cars at this track with street tyres and I think I had 160kg on the rx7 with maybe 130kg on the 370. Also once I find ballast levels that work for me I can set these in the server and you can easily get data only from a certain date and so it can show only ballasted laps by all once its added.

Repeating the process at a short track should give a reasonable idea, I noticed I ran laps at brands GP in 3 of them and there
rx7 1:40.991
370z 1:41.910
R34 GTR 1:42.549
MX5 cup 1:40.361

The MX5 cup really likes the high speed flowing corners and not very long straights, but also the record in that is 1:39.341 top speed of 194 vs 206 in the rx7. This is mostly as the mx5 on slicks and light weight carries so much speed through the sweeping corners also needing barely any braking compared to the heavier street cars.

In stracker if you go to laptimes and click the + sign you can load up all servers stats, pick some other cars and compare laps that may have been done. However most of the other laps would be lower grip and varied conditions so not exactly great comparisons. Also if you click any lap and press manual compare then click any other lap it will compare the lap trace for the cars. If you simply click any slower lap it should show the lap trace for the fastest in the server too.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2016, 04:41:38 PM »
Here is the video comparing the 5 cars, easier to compare 4 on one screen but 5 I squeezed in there.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2016, 05:04:06 PM »
Coolio.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2016, 06:54:03 PM »
Ive come up with some ballast numbers to get the rx7 and 370 to mid 2:07's for me and that is 155kg to the rx7 (possibly needs a few more kg but will test how others go with it) the 370z has 110kg and the others have none as they were already rather close.

There will be a new link to the data for this server as I have renamed the stracker server, the original link will show all the old times. I suspect the server wont be as popular once people jump into the quicker cars and see they dont get much advantage. It will be interesting to see how it effects people but for me I was still a few tenths quicker in the rx7 then I was aiming for able to get 2:07.364 at 155kg.

This link should show this lap comparing to the no ballast lap in the rx7.

http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapdetails?lapid=79140#

This will be the link to the new laps with ballast set.

http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapstat?currservers=acserver3Ballast

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2016, 09:42:17 PM »
Great stuff Marty. Those ballast amounts look balanced as I would have expected. It's just a matter of seeing how close times are now with those weights.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal