Xtreme Gaming Network

S8R6: Spa Post Race

Author Topic: S8R6: Spa Post Race  (Read 22758 times)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
S8R6: Spa Post Race
« on: September 15, 2015, 09:42:36 PM »
Disappointing result for me tonight after what was looking very promising.
Qualified 7th in the GTC and got a ripper start to grab two spots by turn one.
From there I was able to gradually chase down Jeremy and Mathew and get by seeing me up into 3rd and now inching my way up to second spot.
Then unfortunately I had a spin at Eau Rouge.  I did the full 360 glancing the wall and kept going having only dropped one spot.
The car however was a bit slower after that and I eventually dropped 3 spots and was back in 7th.
Then on lap 9 I see "Connection Lost" . . . %^&#
So the bonus of triple points and a decent result went begging.... (:
Anyhow . . thanks once again to Wally for the season and well done to all that competed, some good close racing was had!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 09:44:11 PM by Freezer »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S8R6: Spa Post Race
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 10:04:52 PM »
First up, here's the final season standings:

Congratulations to season champion Guybrush.
Congrats also to the runners up, Matthew and Stan, and the winning team, Struggle Street Racing Crew.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 10:10:32 PM »
RACE RESULTS AND CHARTS

SEASON STANDINGS

SEASON STATS

No penalties.

Round Points
Skaife   72
Guybrush Threepwood   69
Jeremy   66
Phil.8   63
StanDaam   60
Matthew111   57
Bafs17   54
Bacchulum   51
Wally   48
Marty   48
Joe   42
Grat   39
Simone   36
Grubbet   33
Rob   30
Freezer   27
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 10:15:56 PM »
And some post-season stats:

Best average finish: Guybrush, 2.1
Most wins: Guybrush, 5
Most podiums: Guybrush and Matthew, 7
Most poles: Guybrush, 6
Most fastest laps: Guybrush and Marty, 3
Most consistent: Guybrush, 4
Hunter: Wally, 3
Hunted: Bacchulum, 3
Busiest: Bacchulum and Phil.8, 2
Loneliest: JoshR, 2

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 10:32:18 PM »
Firstly, congratulations to Guybrush, Matthew and Stan. It was a hard-fought battle between Guybrush and Matthew, coming down to the last round.

Bad luck on the disconnect Freezer.

I had a pretty good race, with the car feeling pretty nice. Again, I'd added a little more front camber and reduced the front tyre pressures to get a little more heat into the fronts, after it felt a bit understeery in practice. I had some good early battles with Simone, Marty and Bacchulum, and Bafs for a while until he pulled away from the pack. Marty kept appearing and disappearing. I mostly had my eye on Bacchulum, because I knew he was just behind me in the season standings, and I'd have to finish in front of him to maintain my position on the ladder. I'd qualified better than him, and I was happy to be one spot in front of him for the first part of the race. But a brain fade saw me touch a kerb and spin at Stavelot, letting him past. From there, all I could do was chase, before, during and after pitting on the same lap, with the gap hovering around the 3 second mark and me unable to close it. I even put the angry lights on in an attempt to rattle Mr. B into a mistake, but he stayed cool and maintained his place, leapfrogging me in the season standings to take my 6th place. Well done Bacchulum.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 12:01:39 AM »
I was doing some okay consistent times in the practice session, but just before qually I decided to go to Coles for a chocolate fix and when I got back I couldn't put a decent lap together at all so started near the back.

After the start I ended up behind Grubbet with Rob behind. I had the pace on Grubbet, but he had the widest Lotus I've ever seen and I just couldn't get past him. Great racing with the three of us though, a couple of times I was pushing hard and made a mistake letting Rob by, then would get past him again. Eventually on lap 9 Grubbet and Rob had some slight side to side impact sending Rob off and giving me my chance to get past Grubbet. After that I was able to pull ahead but was quite a way back from the next pack.

I pitted after lap 11 and somehow came out with Simone behind me. I stuffed up and he got past, then he stuffed up and I got the place back. A bit later Marty came steaming up behind me and I had no chance holding him off. Grat was slowly closing on me but couldn't quite make it; given another lap or two and I'm sure he would have.

I really enjoy these long races when you get into it. You know when you drive in real life sometimes and you get somewhere and you can't really remember the drive as you've just done it on auto pilot; this happened to me a couple of times in the race where I'd be half way through a lap and realise I couldn't really remember doing the first part of it.

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 08:11:08 AM »
Great racing at the back of the field with Joe and Robert until AC crashed again!! It looks like my old pc is really struggling to cope with the rigors of AC. But great fun while it lasted. Thanks guys.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 09:04:16 AM »
Great racing last night, and good to finally put a season together and sneak in above Matthew.

I was surprised at the gap in qual, especially after seeing Skaife's pace during the race.  Ballast was active during qual wasn't it?

Anyway, got off to an alright start and went a little bit long into T1 which put Grat right on my tail down the hill and through Eau Rouge.  I lifted a little to be cautious and saw Grat in the rear view mirror get just a little bit loose and go around.  Eau Rouge is a killer on the first lap with a heavy car, no track grip and cold tyres.  I've fallen victim to it before as well!

After that it was pretty steady and I managed to pull a gap on Skaife who had more and more pace as the stint went on.  Had a pretty good pit stop on lap 10, but came out just behind Stan who surprised me a little when he was braking through Eau Rouge because of his worn tyres.  I was a bees appendage away from losing it but managed to hold on "Ricciardo style" and was stuck behind him for the rest of the lap as I didn't want to take any risks when all I had to do was finish ahead of Matthew for the championship.

So Stan pitted that same lap and as I drove past the pits I noticed Skaife exiting only a couple of seconds or so behind me.  Again, I pulled a smallish gap over the first few laps (i think!) but then Skaife was gaining quite a bit, so I tried to get the most out of the GX and predicted I would get caught with around 2 or 3 laps to go.  It was great between the two of us, pumping in qualy lap after qualy lap and the gap slowly closing and waiting for the inevitable.  Skaife caught me on the second last lap and we got close through the final chicane which meant he zoomed past me into Eau Rouge and the rest is history.  Great racing and great pressure!

Well done Skaife and everyone else.  Thanks for another excellent season Wally!  I  think ballast will have a better impact when we are all driving the same cars as you can probably increase it a little bit more.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 09:09:03 AM »
Yes, the same ballast was in effect in each session.

The ballast weights were just lifted straight from the British touring cars. Next single-make season (looking like FR3.5), I will use a more parity calculated ballast, which will see weights for some climbing much higher.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 09:09:57 AM »
Excellent race for me last night  :D
Had a great 3 way battle with Phil and Matthew. For once I did a quick pit stop which is very unusual for me, I managed to actually get out in front of people after it. They must have had bad pits stops for sure!!  ;D I came out just in front of Phil and Matthew in 4th and we continued our battle with Phil eventually getting me and came home in 5th. Great to be racing in tight with others, 2 and 3 wide where it should never be!!  ;D
Fun season, congrats to the mighty GB for the win  :D

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 10:55:12 AM »
Car was pretty good this round which was a surprise since i did 0 prac lol. Was dissapointed in qualy felt i could of got pretty close to gb's pace as i had plenty left after my prac time but miss timed my runs so i didnt get to do a run at the end so had to settle for 4th i think it was which was a bad lap nearly losing it but it was the only lap i got to register so lucky it was enough for something.

Come the race i was surprised how shit the car became with the medium tyres and full tank lol i never tried the car like this in prac so i was caught out badly with huge understeer. This left me vulnerable at the race start with no pace for the first stint on the green track, i nearly lost it through eou rouge watching grat spin but managed to keep it. From there i fell back into phils hands and had a good little battle trying to fend him off until the pitstops where i had a brain fade with how much fuel i wanted costing me a few secs to put me behind phil and stan. The car was getting better in this stint as the track gripped up it was feeling more like my qualy car and my pace improved and i could attack phil and stan but couldnt get around as they had a bit more straight line then me but was good racing all round so 6th is where i finished :)

Well done to GB on the season he had great pace everywhere pretty hard to beat!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 10:56:43 AM by Matthew111 »
do you even motorsports?

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2015, 01:16:59 PM »
I opened my eyes this morning and the first thing i noticed i could not open my right hand,i panicked at first but then i remember i tamed (sort of ;D)the lotus GX at SPA the night before for bloody 21 laps,,,,,,,i smiled.My 54 years old are starting to show a bit 8) 8) ::) ::) ::) :-[ :-[ :-[
Great race,great season,great fun.
I had a bit of speed in practice and qual but in the race was not so,and it has been a painful trend this season ,i just cant not put things together.It was clear that the set was not very good it was probably more a qual set that a race set for me and i was struggling to cope with wally and (bacchulum??) and many others.
i decided to pit early to see if fresh tyres would allow me to catch wally and fight for the 10th place,and i think i was right but unfortunately GRAT spun me around  at the last S where i lost hips of time,i was not very impressed because i knew it had spoilt my plans,but,,,,hey...chin up mate!!!(hard thing to do at time).I also drove very bad,going long a couples of time,all these accident were due to poor concentration,infact in one of these lack of concentration moments came my 10 sec penalty,i was aching pretty much all over my hands and shoulder,,,,but hey,,i loved it,good fun!!
This is a good assetto corsa group,and apart the 2-3 aliens the rest is nice and close,i will probably race the renault and this time.......heheeheheheheheheee  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
I have to say i litterally enjoyed the lotuses and the assetto corsa tracks,great fun!!!
Congratulations to the F.........ING aliens,you guys showed off  your racing skills,,,good on you!!!

And more importantly like freezer said thx to everybody who have participated...thx all.......now,,,,,,i am trying to open my right hand without hearing those cracking noises ::) ::) ::)

Ciao!!! ;)

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 01:21:28 PM by Simone »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 01:42:53 PM »
Good to be back for a race, no practice only ran a lap and half on prac server then did about 15 min before qualy. I just tried to find a way to get some heat into the tyres but failed so after really struggling on the mediums early in the race decided to switch to a 2 stopper on softs. I made lots of mistakes early laps on the meds so was well off the lead and a shocker in qualy running wide and having to abort my last 2 runs made me start well back.

Early in the race I saw I had speed on the others around me due to low ballast and low aero but some silly errors didnt help. I then switched to softs and think my stint on them pitting lap 7 got another 8 laps out of it with still reasonable pace with tyres at 95%. I pitted with 6 to go for another set and tried to at least grab the fastest lap as I was a fair way behind everyone.

In the end I was closing on Wally but needed 1 more lap to catch him and so ended up finishing 10th I think.

Congrats to GB on the season win and we will need some more race attendances in order to get the team title back where it belongs.  :D

I will be home for the next 2 tuesdays but then will be away for another couple weeks to Kunos land which will likely be the start of next season. I should be able to make a few rounds in the middle of the season before being away for most of the last 2 months this year so maybe achilles heals needs a new teamate for gb the rest of this year.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 03:14:30 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2015, 01:56:39 PM »
Simone please report to the team doctor. You're due for a recovery session in the ice bath :)

Is your FFB too strong? I don't get sore at all.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 04:51:00 PM »
As Wally was watching me, I was chasing Wally for that next spot up in the championship.
I was rather dejected after qualifying 1.5s slower than him though. :(

I ended up at the back of a pack of Wally and others (no names in replay and I can't remember who) at the start but couldn't keep up with Wally and he pulled a sizable gap.
Approaching the mid-point I see, and pass, Wally re-entering the track at Stavelot and we pit on the same lap.
The Aleph Null crew were faster than Wally's crew and I pulled a 4 second gap on exit, but I recalled Wally's pace in qually and waited for the inevitable battle.
But I think the track was coming towards my setup better than his as I seemed to have closed the gap pace-wise and maintained the gap.
Until I had a tank slapper through Radillion* which I only just managed to save, losing 1.5 seconds, but still made to the flag in front of Mr M.
A good battle which took my mind off the pain in my knees.

Congrats Guy on the 'ship and thanks Wally for the admin. 8)

Eau Rouge - means 'red water' and is a downhill left hand corner over a creek.
Radillion - means 'steep climb' and is an uphill right-left combination.
 ;)

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal