Xtreme Gaming Network

S23R1: Salzburgring Post Race Chat

Author Topic: S23R1: Salzburgring Post Race Chat  (Read 12508 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S23R1: Salzburgring Post Race Chat
« on: July 17, 2018, 06:31:50 PM »
Phil starts off the season with 2 wins and a 3rd place.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Phil.8   70
Matthew111   69
ab156   59
Mael   57
Shayne   56
Freezer   52
Seanus   49
Kcender87   47
killagorilla   45
Keith   44
Wally   44
Jeremy   40
buellersdayoff   35
Shaun Field   35
Steve Lewis   31
Dave O   29
Doobs   29
RussG   26
Bacchulum   24
AbleArcher83   13
Joe   10
Rob   0

Congratulations to Matthew on pole and the race 1 win, and to Phil for the wins in races 2 and 3.
Kcender takes the bonus points for fastest race laps.

Penalties
None.

Season Podium
1. Phil.8, 70
2. Matthew111, 69
3. ab156, 59
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 10:59:20 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S23R1: Salzburgring Post Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 07:53:40 PM »
Hey Wally, looks like I might miss this race. My STEAM account has been hacked and I can't logon. Lodged a ticket with STEAM, just sit and wait now I guess.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 08:08:37 PM »
I might miss it too, sorry for the late notice, I've been pissing about with people trying to sell my bike. You meet the stupidest people when you're trying to sell a bike. I'll have a go at getting on, but I haven't driven a lap here.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 08:24:32 PM »
Hey Wally, looks like I might miss this race. My STEAM account has been hacked and I can't logon. Lodged a ticket with STEAM, just sit and wait now I guess.
That's no good. How did you realise you'd been hacked?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 08:42:10 PM »
I mentioned the other night that my password needed to be reset almost daily. Then tonight STEAM notified me that a new phone number had been added to my Account. Definitely not mine, so sounded a bit suss.

Tried to delete new phone # from Account and now I have to submit a whole lot of info to prove its my account before they will look at it. No big deal as I only have AC and Project Cars.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 10:19:26 PM »
I mentioned the other night that my password needed to be reset almost daily. Then tonight STEAM notified me that a new phone number had been added to my Account. Definitely not mine, so sounded a bit suss.

Tried to delete new phone # from Account and now I have to submit a whole lot of info to prove its my account before they will look at it. No big deal as I only have AC and Project Cars.
annoying
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 10:59:36 PM »
Results are up.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 11:37:11 PM »
Sorry for early departure after race 1. Enjoyed it despite crashing all on my own 3 times.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 11:55:37 PM »
Sorry to Kcender for the nudge in race two, I honestly didn't think you'd slow down that much after seeing you take about 5 cars under brakes around back section...with cold tyres...ballsy. And Bacchulum for running you off the road later in that race, I ran a bit wide so I let kcender go by, as I came across to racing line I felt a little bump and then saw you in the rear view, didn't see you at all before the bump... Sorry guys.
First time driving these cars tbh I think I like rsr better, at least it has a stick shift lol. Anyway still good fun. I ended up having a few mistakes and couldn't really get a decent set-up, I could make it drive nice, slide predictably and not tank slap but it ended up too slow and understeering (mostly on exit). Like I mentioned before you can tune ac cars to be easy to drive or tune them to be fast, the other part of the equation is being able to drive a fast tuned car lol (not me btw).
Thanks for the racing guys

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 07:18:55 AM »
The starts through that horrible chicane were great. There was the predicted bumper effect with some cars getting jostled, but no one got turned around.

In races 2 and 3 I got either nudged off the track from behind (I haven't seen the replay, so I can't comment on that one), or got caught up in someone's bingle with the last set of tyre bundles, which saw me drop a heap of positions. Another oversteer spin out of the chicane didn't help the cause either. But then it was fun being able to regain several positions.

Special mention to Keith, who I had some great racing with in the second race, swapping positions a few times. He and I gave each other good racing room despite being side by side often, and that racing was the highlight of the night.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 07:47:32 AM »

Very annoying Rob, this has prompted me to add a phone number to my account, something until now I did not think was needed. I had my Steam account stolen many years ago and I also gave up trying to prove who I was, I always thought your email address would be enough.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 08:29:58 AM »
Thanks Phil and Denis.

STEAM confirmed that my a/c had been hacked!

By the time I got up this morning it had been fixed. I just needed to jump through several hoops to confirm. All in all very pleased with their service.

A timely reminder that nothing on the internet is ever totally secure and vigilance is always needed.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2018, 08:36:13 AM »
Good to spend some time in my rig again...almost forgot how much fun it is  :)
The cars are great, like the track too and I really enjoyed the racing.
Thanks

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2018, 08:55:52 AM »
Thanks Phil and Denis.

STEAM confirmed that my a/c had been hacked!

By the time I got up this morning it had been fixed. I just needed to jump through several hoops to confirm. All in all very pleased with their service.

A timely reminder that nothing on the internet is ever totally secure and vigilance is always needed.
Great news Rob :) :)
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline PinpointGenie35

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2018, 10:32:53 AM »
Well i completed my first race with you all and had a great time.

How good were the starts considering that first chicane i thought the quality of driving was second to none. My first race was horrible, just wasn't feeling comfortable on the car and stupidly made a change to setup before the grid. couldn't keep the thing straight and spun off numerous times, thankfully not taking anyone out.

Second and third races found a setup that was comfortable and was able to lap consistently, and able to benefit form a few spins from cars in front, there was action all around in the first few laps of the last two races but managed to stay out of the trouble.
Thanks to Wally for the invite, and to all involved in putting this together, i know it does take a bit of work.
Cheers, Steve

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal