Xtreme Gaming Network

Buying new wheel/base Advice on Fanatec CSW v 2.5

Author Topic: Buying new wheel/base Advice on Fanatec CSW v 2.5  (Read 4769 times)

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
Buying new wheel/base Advice on Fanatec CSW v 2.5
« on: January 06, 2021, 01:56:21 PM »
Hi Guys before I take the plunge and order myself a Fanatec CSW v 2.5 any downside I should know about, or different options that should  be considered up to $1500 Au ?
This is the bundle I am looking at  https://fanatec.com/au-en/racing-wheels-wheel-bases/racing-wheels/clubsport-racing-wheel-v2.5-bmw-gt2

thanks for any tips

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Buying new wheel/base Advice on Fanatec CSW v 2.5
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 07:53:39 AM »
I have one of these and very happy with it, although I am not using the pedals.

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/thrustmaster-tsxw-racer-sparco-p310-comp-mod-racing-wheel-for-pc-xbox-one-ac19269
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 10:15:23 AM »
I have that BMW rim, it's a great quality rim.

I have the CSL Elite base though which at the time was about $500 cheaper than the V2.5. I also have an old V2 here which is marginally better than the CSL Elite but not $500 better, but looking at the prices between the CSL Elite vs the V2.5 with that BMW rim it's only a $200 difference now so I'd probably just get the bundle you're looking at.

What wheel do you have at the moment? And what pedals?

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 10:25:36 AM »
My v2.5 purchased mid 2017 is still going like new. I rarely swapped wheels though and always use the included securing bolt for the wheel/shaft as it might start to show wear if continually swapping wheels without the bolt as well. The fans on my unit run a little louder than I thought they would but it's not too bad really. Beta drivers can be a bit hit or miss but I think all that is mostly sorted now and is easy to roll back if issues arise. Since purchasing my F1 wheel in 2019 I haven't bothered switching back to a round rim but thats mostly because I don't really drift or rally.

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 11:33:05 AM »
I have that BMW rim, it's a great quality rim.

I have the CSL Elite base though which at the time was about $500 cheaper than the V2.5. I also have an old V2 here which is marginally better than the CSL Elite but not $500 better, but looking at the prices between the CSL Elite vs the V2.5 with that BMW rim it's only a $200 difference now so I'd probably just get the bundle you're looking at.

What wheel do you have at the moment? And what pedals?

Yeah original intention was the elite wheel but with the $200 difference it just makes sense to upgrade the 2.5 's .

Currently using G29 its ok but I am over the clattering and clunkiness from the gears it produces at times , and since having saved heaps of $$ from quitting cigarettes decided its time for a treat or as my son would say "yolo".    I have the Fanatec clubsport load cell brakes as well as their handbrake.   I do have logitech shifter but that is never used it so not an issue.

Good to hear that your 2.5's are still going strong Bueller that gives me more confidence in getting this upgrade.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 01:07:52 PM »
Definitely a big step up from the logitech in power, smoothness and noise. You won't regret it. It may take some time to fine tune the settings to the way you like or just use the fanatec recommended settings on their forum or the fanalab software. I switched to their direct drive last year and am very happy with it but now the v2.5 doesn't get much use from the kids.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 03:48:42 PM »
You won't regret it

What he said ^

I went from a G27 to the CSL Elite and just turning it on for the first time and it turning smoothly and calibrate itself I was sold. That rim is great too feels really nice to use. I also have for formula rim which I use less.

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 04:17:27 PM »
Done thanks guys , hopefully arrives mid next week.

Was tempted by one of those formula wheels the v2 looks sweet. Maybe down the track.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal