Xtreme Gaming Network

S22R3: British Grand Prix Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S22R3: British Grand Prix Post-Race Chat  (Read 9425 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S22R3: British Grand Prix Post-Race Chat
« on: May 22, 2018, 06:21:39 PM »
Phil follows up last week's win with another, leading half the race from Kcender, who lost the race lead after apparently opting to put in a big fuel load at his stop.

RACE RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Phil.8   45
Kcender87   38
Mael   32
RussG   27
Jeremy   23
Keith   20
buellersdayoff   18
Wally   17
Rob   16
Freezer   15
Dave O   14
ab156   13
Fly   12
Seanus   11
Doobs   10
Matthew111   0
Bacchulum   0
Shayne   0
Shaun Field   0
Simone   0
Joe   0

Congratulations to Kcender on pole and to Phil.8 for the race win.

Penalties
I have to call the start accident a racing incident: Matthew was faster than Russ in front of him, and at the same time, Mael got the jump on KCender who bogged down in front of him, and had to go around. As a result of that, Mael and Matthew tangled wheels in a side-to-side impact, that was probably difficult to avoid on a starting grid three cars wide.

Season Podium
Phil manages to pull clear of Kcender to take the championship lead.
1. Phil.8, 90
2. Kcender87, 83
3. Matthew111, 76
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 10:28:31 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
Re: S22R3: British Grand Prix Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 08:58:49 PM »
car was a nugget, something happened at the start i think i tagged someone next to me who got a good start as i was moving to dodge the slow starting car in front, got damage car was horrendous so put it in the wall where it belongs. 
do you even motorsports?

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 08:59:00 PM »
Bugger. First time in a while I've had time to join in. No practice but I was enjoying it, but somehow my race setup didn't save and I ran out of fuel after 5 laps.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 10:03:40 PM »

Happy with a podium after the start chaos, now waiting to see if Wally gives me a penalty   :-\

Overall a pretty uneventful race after the start, just tried to keep it clean, pitted early to fix all the red bits and a clean run to the end.

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 10:27:02 PM »
so close! Gambled on the SS strat which was 5 - 10 seconds slower than that H S strat by numbers but gave better open track position in the first stint - Phil came out ater his late stop only 7 seconds in front and I started to gain for a few laps but then his newer tyres came good and he pulled a few seconds on me

also - did anyone else need 170+ litres to make the race or the DFV in the Lotus rather thirsty ?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 10:29:02 PM »
Results are up in the first post.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 10:40:37 PM »
now waiting to see if Wally gives me a penalty   :-\
Nearly... then nearly Matthew... but in the end, couldn't really single anyone out for blame.
also - did anyone else need 170+ litres to make the race or the DFV in the Lotus rather thirsty ?
Yep, 160-ish for me in the Surtees. It comes down to the track having a high full throttle percentage.

I managed to pick my way unscathed through the start incident - I think I was about 7th from a start of 15. But then my bogey corner, Stowe (the 90 degree right hander) caught me out twice in the next two laps, with me botching my downshifts and sliding off onto the grass and into the embankment and copping wing damage - an off that didn't happen in all of practice, of course. That put my down in 18th for a while, but I climbed back up.
I had some good pressure put on me by Jeremy and later Rob, who both seemed to be able to enter the corners much faster than me, maybe with higher downforce. But then I could usually get a better exit speed and take off down the next straight. Jeremy reeled me in, but I managed to hold Rob off to the end, finishing only 0.2 sec in front of him, in some good pressure racing.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 10:46:12 PM »
so close! Gambled on the SS strat which was 5 - 10 seconds slower than that H S strat by numbers but gave better open track position in the first stint - Phil came out ater his late stop only 7 seconds in front and I started to gain for a few laps but then his newer tyres came good and he pulled a few seconds on me

160 was more than enough for me, but I think I'm a little lighter on fuel and tyres than some of you fast guys.
Got a little damage trying to avoid the carnage at the start, had a couple of good little battles. I went s/s/s with 100ltr start and 30ltr top up at both stops (30ltr seems to be about the same time as tyre swap), didn't bother fixing damage. I think I had my gearing and aero wrong wasn't as fast down the straights (aero damage too I suppose) and hit redline in the slip stream chasing Keith. Top ten finish but probably only because a few dropped out, Good fun thanks guys.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 10:49:45 PM by buellersdayoff »

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 11:20:45 PM »
An average saw me start in 9th.  I got away reasonably but then tangle ahead happened.  The gap was widening so I went to go through but then a second hit saw the spinning Mael bounced back and the gap closed!
To late, I was in the middle!!  Got going only to spin on the next corner with front wing damage.  Had another small spin from clipping the grass a few laps later and then a pit for damage repair. 
Things were looking pretty dismal at this point.
I decided to push on and hope to grab some points.  I ran to lap 28 on hards then topped her up with softs for the final stint.  The softs hung in well, setting my best lap on the 2nd last one.  Mael was chasing hard for much of the final laps (to lap me) but I was able to hold a sufficient gap to not succumb to the blue flags.
Ended up being an enjoyable run despite not really feeling comfortable on this track.

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 11:21:45 PM »
I needed 178 litres in the Maki. No idea how Mael did the same sort of times and only used 165 in the same car  :o

Very happy with my night though. Qual 3rd and finish 4th in race was more than I had wished for  ;D
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2018, 11:34:40 PM »
I needed 178 litres in the Maki. No idea how Mael did the same sort of times and only used 165 in the same car  :o

Very happy with my night though. Qual 3rd and finish 4th in race was more than I had wished for  ;D
I had 109 + 59 Fill ( 168 total ) but had a few litres left at the flag.   You must be a lead foot Russg.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 07:49:40 AM »
Shit night. >:(
Caught up in the start straight carnage.
Rear ended and taken out a few laps later.
Two more small mistakes (half a tyre on the grass) with large consequences (head on into a wall). ::)
When I forgot to fix damage after the last one I rage quit. :-[ :-[

2+2=√16

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 08:36:34 AM »
Shitish night

Missed the start incident, but couldn't get past Fly and got jumped by about three cars. Then got caught up in one of their accidents. No biggie, just frustrated that it was early in the race and I had to pit which screwed my strategy. I ended up pitting a few more times because I took my wing off and then stuck it in a wall, needed to pit for tyres, tyres and fuel, and eventually finished 14th.

Next week is either going to be awesome or the worst thing I have ever done. :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 09:41:03 AM »
Next week is your 100th Tuesday night race. Celebrate it at the Ring :)

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2018, 10:44:55 AM »
Next week is your 100th Tuesday night race. Celebrate it at the Ring :)

WooooHooo!!!!!! Let's see if I can do a timed lap.  :)  I seem to be alright at doing 8/10th distance on a warmup, but either screw up before the long straight, or just after and damage the car.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal