Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 29 - Touring Car Racing

Author Topic: Season 29 - Touring Car Racing  (Read 28778 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Season 29 - Touring Car Racing
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2019, 07:59:34 AM »
Honestly, I'm not sure anymore. :-[
I just look after each round and see what's available. :P

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2019, 09:36:38 AM »
How much money do you get per place?
Its all listed in the Car Dealer under Season _ Earnings.

Ah, good-o, thanks.

So, just to clarify as I haven't raced with the car dealer before, you get the winnings from each round + the trade in value of your car at the end of each round and you lose your winnings each round if you don't use them?
That's right. Thus time it's a little different to last time we used it. Before, you could save up your money, but it meant people could buy a really fast car after a few rounds and win too easily. This time, your money is just what you won on the last round + the base car.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2019, 02:11:05 PM »
OK.  Should 1st place also get $2800 then as this is the entry fee?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2019, 04:15:24 PM »
No, 1st place is actually penalised a little bit to force you into a slower car. You'll always be able to afford the base car. The aim is to mix up the winners a bit.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2019, 06:23:35 PM »
I'll be starting with this skin for the Nissan, see how long I can keep it.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-DcbiPcLnxEGlmv0DQvH-UrE2JsXu_d6

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2019, 07:18:44 AM »
Oh and Guybrush, the money ranking goes not by finishing position but by fastest race lap times. We learnt this before - someone who is really fast in a car but bombs out of a race for whatever reason and finishes near the back shouldn't win a heap of money which makes them even faster.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2019, 09:21:27 PM »
I didn't race last week because I was too sick to get out of bed, which was annoying because I could have finally afforded the Merc, but when I checked the dealer tonight the ole bank account will only allow the bottom two cars....again! Whilst I understand you don't want people to save money wouldn't missing a round be enough of penalty without feeling the need to raid their piggy bank as well...?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2019, 07:42:58 AM »
I didn't race last week because I was too sick to get out of bed, which was annoying because I could have finally afforded the Merc, but when I checked the dealer tonight the ole bank account will only allow the bottom two cars....again! Whilst I understand you don't want people to save money wouldn't missing a round be enough of penalty without feeling the need to raid their piggy bank as well...?
That's bad luck about being sick. I hope you feel better now.

I'll have to see if I can change the code to make an exception for people who didn't start, because that would be fairer. In the meantime, I've given you enough cash to buy the Merc.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal