Xtreme Gaming Network

Poll: Car for season 2

Poll

Which open wheeler do you want to drive in season 2?

Lotus 49
6 (27.3%)
Ferrari 312T
1 (4.5%)
Formula Abarth
10 (45.5%)
Lotus Exos T125
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Poll: Car for season 2  (Read 40457 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: Poll: Car for season 2
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 11:22:38 AM »
Haha love the "L" plate
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 11:48:20 AM »
I really liked the feel of the Tatuus. The 49 is far to hard to get back under control once it's lost traction. For me anyway.
Besides I've done a skin for the Tatuus that I know will make me go faster.

I'd like to see a few road-car seasons. Where we are all in cars that have limited adjustment.
I'd also like to see an open track day where you can show up in any car. Or maybe limited to certain power output.

Nice looking skin.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2014, 12:19:50 PM »

Offline DarrenM

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2014, 02:19:24 PM »
It's the car setup that takes all the time.  Especially when you're not completely experienced with it like me and for some things it's a bit of trial-and-error.
That's why I voted for the L49. It requires the least setup work from week to week :)

With the other cars you can blow an hour or 2 each week just testing different downforce levels.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2014, 02:58:35 PM »
Let's hope this is just a fun-voting and Wally makes an executive decision to do the Lotus49 next season!

Hm...maybe I should rig the voting :evilGrin:

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2014, 03:00:32 PM »
Let's hope this is just a fun-voting and Wally makes an executive decision to do the Lotus49 next season!

Hm...maybe I should rig the voting :evilGrin:

Yup and I will un rig your rigging  ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2014, 03:06:21 PM »
The only thing I have to remember is what I voted for ;)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2014, 03:15:59 PM »
What is the appeal of the L49?
I thought it would be too old and not suitable for twisty circuits at all. Or is that what makes it appealing?

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2014, 03:50:36 PM »
What is the appeal of the L49?
I thought it would be too old and not suitable for twisty circuits at all. Or is that what makes it appealing?

Multiple things, but mainly that it's a no frills, honest, simple car (no wings, simple to setup).  It's a fun car (once you 'get it').  If you mis-handle it, it bites like a girl :)

It teaches the most important things: throttle control & patience.  You can't just floor it, unless you're dead straight.  But to get anywhere (even to turn in properly), you need throttle. 

When you really find your balance with it, it's a fantastic feeling to turn in on balancing throttle & slightly over the edge of slipping.
Put this car at mid-ohio, and you have a test that sorts out the real men quickly :D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:57:04 PM by Bird »

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2014, 04:03:19 PM »
It is simpler, from the B series on they started putting wings on 'em, and they have the nice 'poly-slider' tyres! :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Rolz

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2014, 11:18:59 AM »
Is there any chance we could have a break for a couple of weeks between season 1 and 2 Wally?  The rest of my life is starting to feel neglected!

Ditto! I'm running out of TV series to feed the misso  :P

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2014, 12:58:12 PM »
Guys you don't have to participate every series, you can jump onto the reserve list for a few weeks - one series is exactly the brake you're looking for, Isn't it? 

It's Wally who may need the break...;)

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2014, 01:14:12 PM »
Guys you don't have to participate every series, you can jump onto the reserve list for a few weeks - one series is exactly the brake you're looking for, Isn't it? 

I hear Wally is a machine. available 24/7 to assist all our racing needs and down-time is not an option?

is there a over-all-year-round point system? Where every season's points adds up to a super tally or something?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2014, 01:25:18 PM »

Wally should get a red bull deal just so he can keep going 24/7, this will be quite a different season but with so many official cars to choose from I think most seasons will be quite different. Once we get a full gt field then it will be nice to have some mixed car racing, all gt cars are more evenly matched then the grp A vs DTM as are many of the street cars.

The Tatuus is a strange car and really needs max speed carried everywhere to go fast and a bit of setup work as it has not much grunt exiting turns.

Offline DarrenM

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2014, 01:42:51 PM »
Re: L49

It puts more emphasis on the driver, requiring a soft touch on the inputs and a smooth, flowing driving style. You also need to plan your corners a bit further in advance with the way you can drift it into the turns. Because of that it's one of the most rewarding cars when you get the hang of it, and one of the most fun to drive.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal