Xtreme Gaming Network

eurogamer championship

Author Topic: eurogamer championship  (Read 5748 times)

Offline grat

• View Profile
eurogamer championship
« on: March 20, 2017, 01:04:02 AM »
Just watched this race. Their starts are worse than ours, but this race (race 2) was really excellent!

PS: do not waste your time with race 1, though ;)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: eurogamer championship
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 09:13:55 AM »
I know this dude hates AC and most sims it seems but he has some points
\https://pretendracecars.net/2017/03/08/eurogamers-assetto-corsa-championship-a-dud-after-horrendous-opening-round/
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 10:10:08 AM »
\https://pretendracecars.net/2017/03/08/eurogamers-assetto-corsa-championship-a-dud-after-horrendous-opening-round/
As I said, race 1 was utterly disappointing---I did not watch all of it, but the bits I watched were crap. But this "dude" is insufferable even when he has some points! Even with the lack of replay (admittedly, quite disappointing) race 2 was very enjoyable and with lots of twists of strategy, decent battles, and generally good driving in the first 10 or so positions. The key to it is that I felt compelled to watch how it ended (and did not get disappointed). Of course the novelty effect was important, but still! And while it's easy to feel compelled to see how races in series you know well and know the drivers end, it is not so for many categories (fell asleep many times watching F3 or FR/V8 races).

Granted--- I'd much prefer a GP2 (my favourite in last years) or GP3 or supercars race to watch tonight. Even some WTCC. Damn, even some F4 races can be great. But was it much worse than Sebring in the morning (discounting the fact that knowing that the quality is worse and it is not real makes it kind of bad? I am actually not so sure. And that says a lot.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 11:26:16 AM »

The guy is a total muppet, I go to that site rarely just for a laugh but surely nothing he says can be taken seriously. I haven't seen the races but did try to watch an Iracing V8 stream at one point over the weekend and it had less then 1fps on the main camera but 2 alternate streems, they had commentary but only on the 1fps camera so was useless. The driving was pretty poor with t1 carnage and lots of poor driving overall and this was meant to be a top split series, they tried to make it look presentable too but I got bored of it in a few minutes plus cars warping out in that too.

Main issue clearly is driver standards beyond limitations of the platform such as no replays in MP for AC, netcode etc. Get a crappy field in real racing as in formula 3 a couple years ago and it turns to a complete mess. The quality of that f3 field was still likely much better then any online race other then overall lack of respect for others in traffic, add crappy connections and poor driving everything will go bad no matter the platform used.

Its like people complain about public mp in every game/sim ever created in most cases not much you can do about poor race craft especially when many simply want to hotlap rather then practice racing, which is the only way to improve race craft. Real racing practicing racing is very hard as you can only do this in official races in games/sims it can be done easily yet many chose to simply hotlap set a qualy lap then not understand the race is won and lost well after that hotlap was made in qualy.  ;)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 01:58:36 PM »
Just one note, Marty; the "top split" does not refer to the driver ability to race clean, it refers to the hotlap time.  The abilities are more reflected in the licence level.  So if you look at a race at 'A' or 'Pro' level, you'll see cleaner races even in lower splits than, say, at 'C' level, or heaven forbid, the starter (E? F?) level.   The bottom licence categories are there to sort out the riff-raff, really.   C is where it starts to become cleaner IIRC.

(I think V8s were in C, but my memory is quite rusty.  iRacing is one bottomless money pit I'm trying to forget, hehe)

But hey, carnage you can get even IRL so...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 02:02:09 PM by Bird »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal