Xtreme Gaming Network

S28R4: Imola 72

Author Topic: S28R4: Imola 72  (Read 24184 times)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: S28R4: Imola 72
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2019, 08:26:42 AM »
Results are up in the 1st post.

I gotta say, for all the outrage and dummy spitting at the start of race 1, all that happened was Bird hit the barrier all by himself at high speed and spun out into the track, causing a pile up that was always going to be hard to avoid on that very fast sweeping turn 1 if anyone crashed. That's racing!

Yeah a very similar thing at the 1st start, by someone else.  And after that 2nd attempt I decided I'm too under the weather for this and sat it out.  The car just moves a bit sideways sometimes and that's it - it is very dangerous to race with such fucked up armcos.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2019, 09:15:35 AM »
When you watch the replay though, in this incident you just bounced off the armco and spun across the track. So yes, the armco was too sticky in general (and I wouldn't use this track again), but it didn't contribute to this particular incident.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
ewww sticky
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2019, 09:51:01 AM »
...So yes, the armco was too sticky in general (and I wouldn't use this track again)...

I'd wager the sticky walls was a placebo, though they did have too many polys, being just a copy of the armco mesh, but Kunos collisions leave a lot to be desired in the first place.

I might have a go at creating brand new collision walls, single planes with a minimum number of polys, for the track.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2019, 09:51:29 AM »
Pretty good night for me.

Race 1 has the tap from killa into the hairpin where he locked up which sent me out way wide, and unfortunately that line meant Bacc and I touched as he was re-entering and lost quite a lot of positions. Later in the race caught up with Able and had Phil behind me and was caught out going into the mineral water corners and hit the back of Able and Phil hit the back of me. After that had quite a good battle with Seanus until he had a touch on the barriers after T1 and collected me. Caught up with him again and had another good battle eventually taking that spot.

Race 2 killa came up the inside of me to make what would have been 3 wide through T1 and I wasn't having any of that on lap 1 so backed out and lost that place. Chased killa for a while until I made a pass and opened up the gap. Was pretty lonely after that just watching my gap to AB in front which went from about 10 secs to 3 secs by the end.

Race 3 was fortunate enough to miss the Bacculum/Kcender incident just in front of me promoting me to 1st with AB close behind. AB was putting on good pressure and I made a mistake going into T1 and had to back way off. Looked like he was about to pass me and his game crashed; unlucky dude would have been a good battle. After that was on my own and just focused on increasing the gap to Freezer who was behind. I think I opened to gap from 6 secs to 19 secs by the end. The 70 laps I did on the practice server definitely helped here.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2019, 09:56:54 AM »
Sorry Joe.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2019, 09:59:54 AM »
Sorry Joe.

All good man. The tap didn't cost me too much but unfortunately put myself and Bacculum on the same path.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2019, 10:17:22 AM »
Last - 6th - 2nd = comeback!
I unfortunately got cleaned up in both attempts to start race 1, with the second resulting in a fairly damaged car with 30kg's in the boot so I ultimately pitted to repair.
Starting last in Race 2 I was able to keep it clean and as the seas parted got my way through to 6th.
A similar outcome in race 3 saw me surprised to be in 2nd, so just focused on keeping the concentration up to get home.

Seems I spend the night finishing behind you Freezer!   First race really Last (4 laps Down, did I get points for this Wally?) ->7th  ->3rd  = comeback +1

Found I had very little motivation after a long day at work and non-existence pace found myself quitting the race after the second start. But thinking of Wally & Seanus work organizing the race I decided to give it a second go. So switched off all apps except Heliocorsa to try and improve the stutters and rejoined 4 laps down.

So spend race 1 keeping Russ's evil handling car company.

Race 2 a bit better, nice battle with Doobs for a whole just keeping outa trouble. Found some rhythm and with it a bit of pace.

Race 3 even better, tried to stay out of trouble the firs few laps, battled to get by Russ and then somehow ended up in 3rd.  :o  Blacked KCender for a couple of corners, apologies without apps I did not know that the pass was not for position. But it did give me a bit of exercise on blocking which was put to good use against Phil  ;D

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2019, 10:25:50 AM »
Hey guys sorry i spat the dummy and called you a bunch of poofters....hahahahahahahahaa i have absolutely nothing against poofters.
Race 1   ehehehehehehehe
Race 2  I reached for the tally-ho packet
Race 3  Couples of puff later i fired netflix and watched.....The revenant with Leonardo Di Caprio   good movie!!!

Again the positive outcome of all this is that for the second week i am faster than wally.....and less silly than Bird   MMMMUUU-HA!!!

See you next week   :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2019, 10:48:51 AM »
LOL Simone  ;D ;D ;D.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2019, 12:41:15 PM »
When you watch the replay though, in this incident you just bounced off the armco and spun across the track. So yes, the armco was too sticky in general (and I wouldn't use this track again), but it didn't contribute to this particular incident.

I must admit I haven't saved the replay due to a massive disinterest in seeing this track ever again, however, at the time it felt like hitting a somewhat used bumper in an old pinball machine. :)
The car just jumped sideways a bit, corrected, brushed the armco, BANG.

....and less silly than Bird   MMMMUUU-HA!!!

You could seldom even lick my footprint when it comes to sillyness! :D
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 12:44:58 PM by Bird »

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2019, 12:47:05 PM »
Definitely something not right with this track (shame I really liked the track) after both incidents I just got

left broken and doing circles on the track  :o Escaped to pits but would have left me hotlapping at the back

so had an early night ::) Will be away for next round Wally so someone else will have to look after the rear of the grid ;D ;D

Will miss Thursday too Phil. Cheers Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2019, 05:08:40 PM »
After being knocked off the track at turn 2, Bacchulum did what I tentatively call an unsafe re-entry from the grass and clipped Joe, spinning him. Bacchulum re-entered carefully, but the track was really busy with cars at that point and Bacchulum should have really let more of the field pass before re-joining – so 30 kg penalty.
A bit of 'scale balancing':
Fair call Wally. :-[

I thought I was earlier in the corner (before the exit) and didn't realize I was fully off track.
Replay shows otherwise. :(

2+2=√16

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2019, 05:53:07 PM »
This track is really good to drive, but not good to hit fences apparently. It's certainly more interesting than a bunch of other tracks that don't have issues.

I didn't enjoy anything about last night, and think I've lost interest in racing.  I generally can't be arsed practising and feel like I'm wasting my time when I do.
I like these cars and the only thing I'd prefer is wings on a low tech open wheeler so it's not the cars.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2019, 07:21:20 PM »
Was kind of fun, kind of not night for me.

Race 1 I was still learning the track a bit but managed to stay in front, but surprisingly so as I actually lost concentration and hit the outside barrier on entry into T1 on the last lap.

Race 2 I accidentally got reverse instead of 5th coming out of the first corner at the start and then I was worried I'd cut KCender off into T2 and hoping I hadn't caused an off then went off myself!  I then spent too long trying to figure out how to repair my car in the pits but went for a trundle around anyway.

Race 3 I was really looking forward to the most as I was starting mid pack.  Was a really fun race for the first lap or two until Seanus spun in front of me and I collected him giving me too much damage.  As it was late I decided to leave rather than get repairs and drive around on my own.

Thanks for the night Wally and everyone.

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2019, 09:36:12 PM »
Still embarrassed by the aborted R1 start, really sorry to all - especially those that then had issues on the restart and gave up.  Once we were rolling it was fine.

R1 - I was going to drop back after causing the restart but there was a mess behind and in front, decided to not do anything radical.  Jumped up to 5th or something as other had issues, let ppl past as they caught me.

R2 - Better mindset, great racing with a few guys, Bacchulum especially - he had the Eagle geared just right and would pull a decent gap on the main straight.  Got in to a fairly frenetic battle for a few laps resulting in Phil and KCender catching the pack.  Got royally embarrassed as KCender went around the outside Tosa.  I was having an adventure there by myself most laps and he just slides around the outside like it's nothing.  Lessons...

R3 - Benefited from the misfortune of others to be 2nd behind Joe.  After a few laps I was reasonably confident the right opportunity would come.  It did when Joe went wide and caught a bit of grass slowing momentum up the hill, as I was pulling out to pass I had my first ever CTD from AC.  The sim racing gods provided payback for my aborted R1 behavior, in spades...

Oh well, in another 3 years I may again be presented with a chance to win a Tuesday night race, no drama  :o

Overall, an excellent night again - good battles, good racing room.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 09:38:36 PM by ab156 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal