Xtreme Gaming Network

S10R3: Brands Hatch Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S10R3: Brands Hatch Post-Race Chat  (Read 19182 times)

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
Re: S10R3: Brands Hatch Post-Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2016, 04:19:01 PM »
Right click for copy image url on the mediafire page, then inserty!! (complete with width and height to be mighty fancy!!  :D)
Quote this post to see my fancy bits!!

For that you need to disable their r-click override javascript.  Hence my earlier imgur recommendation.  Also the single drag-drop upload.
(i.e. just go to imgur.com, and drag something on the screen, you're one click away from having it uploaded)

But hey, if goats love extra hassles... ;)

That was using their r-click override javascript but I like these extra solutions!!

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2016, 04:43:58 PM »
I run Helicorsa in the middle of my screen.

Re: the Bathurst 12 hour shunt, I think both commentators were in two minds.  One of them kept saying he was a fair way up the inside, insinuating it may not have been his fault.  My reaction when looking at it was that the inside car was half-way beside the outside car at turn-in and it was simply a matter of the outside car not seeing him.

I think it's difficult to assume that people will or will not see you.  If you are performing the correct move then it's up to the other car to be aware of their surroundings IMO.  Of course, some moves are riskier than others, such as when in a pack, but it's hard to attribute fault to someone because they didn't assume someone else wasn't fully aware of what was happening around them.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2016, 05:24:41 PM »
It's not really about attributing fault. More about working out how we might race more consistently. Understanding what is a risky, even if acceptable, move is important if we are going to reduce the number of times people's races are ruined.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2016, 06:07:22 PM »
Race 1 sucked. >:(
Crashed, raced on, crashed, pitted (somehow ended up on softs!), pitted, crashed, pitted, retired.

Race 2 much better. ;D
Started 22nd and had many awesome battles through out the race (the details of which I can't remember).
Spectacular pitstop work from the crew, breaking clear of Bird (who was hounding me) and leapfrogging Jeremy to end up behind Wally.
Stoked to finish 8th from the back of the grid and turn around race 1's disaster. 8)

RE: Bathurst 12Hr
Don't pay attention to the relative performance of each car compared with AC.
At Bathurst, they were racing under 2016 BoP.
AC is 2015 BoP at best.
An Audi driver stated that the change this year is what caused the straight line deficit with the other cars, and I'd suspect other makes had tweaks as well. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2016, 06:52:21 PM »
Also, I think the tyres were different due to it being a non-official round.

I think having the V8 Supercar drivers really made the 12hr for me.  If they do that every year I'll certainly be tuning in.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2016, 07:02:06 PM »
Also, I think the tyres were different due to it being a non-official round.

I think having the V8 Supercar drivers really made the 12hr for me.  If they do that every year I'll certainly be tuning in.
Yes, that event is not officially part of the Aussie GT3 season.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2016, 07:51:01 PM »
Well I did better than I expected, I was ALMOST through the carnage in race one, thinking, "I'M CLEAR!! Empty space go go go,,," haha hit from behind hehehe!
Fun watching the replay, I would have liked to have added heaps, but grabbed some shots from around me, (Mainly being overtaken... cough cough)
I was warn out, but happy. Race 2 was too much for me... thanks all, pleased I didn't hold any up, other than what would be expected.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2016, 08:30:58 PM »
Well after spending much time tweaking my setup I reverted to Stock and it was much better. . . shows what I now about setup.
R1 qualified 6th.  It was an intense race as the Hunter, Hunted, Busiest results show..!  Spent the second half with Mathew chasing hard after jumping him in the pit stop, if I remember correctly.  By about lap 15 I was wondering if I could keep it together till the end as there was no room for mistakes.  But managed to get home 5th.
R2 Got away clean from 5th and managed to sneak around Christopher on the first lap.  Pretty quiet mid race but after the pit stop found Stan a few seconds behind and gradually closing.  He we showing the nose here and there but I managed to keep it smooth and hold out until the end with him right behind.
Pretty intense racing, but managed to hold it together for a good result.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2016, 08:37:03 PM »
more

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2016, 08:37:59 PM »
wait... there is more...

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2016, 08:39:32 PM »
and the steak knives...

Offline christopheraser

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2016, 11:53:44 AM »
Race 1 was a really interesting battle with Freezer, Matthew and Stan. I decided to pit early (lap 8) and hope for clear air as we were holding each other up. Three laps later Matthew and Freezer came out of the pits pretty much nose to tail at the exact moment was braking for turn one. It was a crazy moment for me and I nearly lost it. I hadn't heard any exit calls and they were on the bit of track I was aiming for. I was able to get around the outside of both of them. I think Freezer could see there was going to be an accident and left me the outside and it worked out thankfully. From there I defended till the end of the race although Freezer pushed me hard all the way. Pretty happy with fourth after qualifying ninth.

Race 2 started off just as intense as race one's finish and I cracked immediately letting both Freezer and Matthew go. The later after a pretty lurid slide through the second last corner that saw me all the way back in 18th. From there I set about being as clean as possible and was able to get up to 9th.

Good fun, well done to the top three. See you all next week.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal