Xtreme Gaming Network

S10R4: Mugello Pre-Race Chat

Author Topic: S10R4: Mugello Pre-Race Chat  (Read 33708 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S10R4: Mugello Pre-Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2016, 06:23:17 PM »
Hey Marty, why don't you just put how much your car sucks in your signature?
Then you wouldn't have to type it out each and every time you post.
 :P

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2016, 06:25:38 PM »

Regarding pit window are you able to stop at the end of lap 5 which would be the start of lap 6 or do you need to be on the 6th lap to make the stop. Same at the end of the pit window can you stop at the end of lap 23 or does it need to be the end of lap 22, the location of peoples pit before or after the line could have an effect on this so it makes it a touch confusing.

Earliest you can enter pit lane is at the end of lap 6. The latest you can pit is the end of lap 23. It makes no difference where your pit box is, if you just think about what lap number you're entering pit lane on.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2016, 09:22:14 PM »
Just had a look at the server and it seems to be down for some reason, I will see if I can get it back up but no idea why it has become unreachable.

Seems pretty odd as I couldn't gain any access to the server until I limited access to my IP only so maybe someone has been trying to gain access again and so for the time being Wally I will limit access to just me again via RDP.
OK. I was on it late last night, reconfigured and restarted with no dramas.

Server is up as is but for some reason this arvo it went down completely and the only way I could get it to be found even within AWS was to change security settings and only allow my IP. I then opened the port again and it couldnt connect so not sure what the deal was but I will try open RDP again later if I can. Also if you make changes to the server no need to restart MR or Stracker as these can stay up while the server is shut down then just need to restart the server and its all good to go.

This however has nothing to do with the server losing connectivity and seems either just an odd issue with Amazon or someone tried to port scan it or something. Im sure people look for random vulnerable AWS instances to do whatever they can within it and its the main reason I changed the default port.

I will be away over the weekend and with tennis tomorrow nite likely wont get another run so I put in a couple solid hours with 2 race runs pretty much lol. Found out a bit about the tyres and a few options in strategy not sure if the high wear also accelerates blistering but getting 11 laps out of a set of mediums is a bit of a challenge even if slightly quicker then hards the hards could be the safer option.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2016, 09:55:58 PM »
Hey Marty, why don't you just put how much your car sucks in your signature?
Then you wouldn't have to type it out each and every time you post.
 :P

Good idea Bacchulum, have you made a skin for the 650 yet for the second half of the season.  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2016, 12:20:43 AM »
For the couple other guys in the Mclaren I have managed to find some lap speed out of it but its still rather slow in the straight so nothing can be done about that. I havent managed to make a setup for mediums thats real good for the race without having to back off a little yet.

Ive attached my qualy setup which is good to push 100% for lap 2 on mediums without needing to worry about tyre temps and a race setup for hards where you can also push hard without worrying about overheating the LR tyre which can cause excessive blistering in the rear and it will turn to crap once enough blistering has occurred. Medium qualy setup with some adjustments should be quicker in race as long as you keep an eye on the left rear tyre and try not to get it over 90c too long.

Lap times with these with the soft tyres qualy RSR setup
RSR 1:49.4
Medium Qualy setup in server on low fuel lap 2
1:51.1
Race hard setups low fuel run
1:52.8

Top speed 12kmh down to Guybrush in the Lambo.  :'(

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2016, 08:53:45 AM »
For the couple other guys in the Mclaren I have managed to find some lap speed out of it but its still rather slow in the straight so nothing can be done about that. I havent managed to make a setup for mediums thats real good for the race without having to back off a little yet.

Ive attached my qualy setup which is good to push 100% for lap 2 on mediums without needing to worry about tyre temps and a race setup for hards where you can also push hard without worrying about overheating the LR tyre which can cause excessive blistering in the rear and it will turn to crap once enough blistering has occurred. Medium qualy setup with some adjustments should be quicker in race as long as you keep an eye on the left rear tyre and try not to get it over 90c too long.

Lap times with these with the soft tyres qualy RSR setup
RSR 1:49.4
Medium Qualy setup in server on low fuel lap 2
1:51.1
Race hard setups low fuel run
1:52.8

Top speed 12kmh down to Guybrush in the Lambo.  :'(

Thanks heaps Marty.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2016, 09:00:41 AM »
I also had a quick run in the SCG003 and uploaded a setup to Stracker if anyone wants to try that.  It's a little tailey coming out of some corners so I'd recommend using TC and possibly increasing the rear wing and putting more negative camber on or decreasing rear ARB.  But anyway, just a quick adaptation from my Nords setup.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2016, 09:38:43 AM »
can you have a run in the Nissan, too?  ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2016, 09:58:54 AM »
I also had a quick run in the SCG003 and uploaded a setup to Stracker if anyone wants to try that.  It's a little tailey coming out of some corners so I'd recommend using TC and possibly increasing the rear wing and putting more negative camber on or decreasing rear ARB.  But anyway, just a quick adaptation from my Nords setup.
Guybrush saying "a little taily" => death trap.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2016, 10:08:24 AM »
Guybrush saying "a little taily" => death trap.

Hehe. I didn't want to say "if its tailey for me then hold on to your hat! " as that's a bit arrogant.  But I did it to help Phil out so he might be able to provide a second opinion.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2016, 10:13:42 AM »
One thing id suggest for anyone that does some practice run some longer stints best to make a setup that can at minimum do 1/3 race distance on tyres.

If you have a setup that can do this it will be quite easy to adapt it to a qualy set. But making a qualy set only for 1 lap pace then trying to get there on 2 stops wothout ever practicing a 12 lap run. Good luck on race nite is all I can say.

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2016, 11:19:52 AM »
I have actually found that changing the setup doesn't make that much of a difference to tyres over-heating in itself.  It's more so limiting the sliding through modifying your driving or if changing a setup limits the sliding then that will help also.  But there is very little difference in AC that camber and tyres pressures, suspension, dampers, etc. make to the temperature of tyres when it's this hot - unless you are running maximum camber or something silly like that.

I found in the Lambo that I was best to just find the fastest, stable setup and then drive to the conditions.  Tweaking the stup didn't give me an automatic drop in temps as I thought it may have.

But a word of warning to those who don't practice - you probably want to run hard tyres in the race or get used to the back left over-heating and blistering on mediums.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2016, 11:47:47 AM »
Take that word of warning from Guybrush, the mediums are the quicker tyre but you do need to drive the car to the conditions and limit overloading the rear left or you will have huge issues at the end of stint with blistering. There isnt heaps you can do to setup but as he said limit sliding and keep an eye on tyre temps but obviosuly a setup thats very loose through fast rights wont last many laps in the race.

Practicing with the dev app to see blistering will give you an idea of how and when it happens, its a bit different trying to drive in a way thats not pushing as hard as possible. On hards I dont need to worry at all as my setup gives optimum temps and pressure on all 4 tyres but on mediums its just the left rear that is just over temp by a little.

Backing off a touch in some corners still gave a quicker laptime then hards but overdoing it for a couple laps and the mediums will turn to poo then you  will struggle to keep the rear in check at all. Once it starts to slide it may not be possible to save it once the rear left has been badly blistered.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2016, 11:50:53 AM »
Guys setup is a little tailey :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2016, 11:56:12 AM »
bit of less rear arb and a couple clicks of rear end and its better than what I had. Its actually very close to what I had just different suspension travel range and Diff setting was the main difference 
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal