Xtreme Gaming Network

S26R4: Magione

Author Topic: S26R4: Magione  (Read 12617 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S26R4: Magione
« on: February 05, 2019, 11:21:12 PM »
Congratulations to Freezer and Grat on the race wins, and to Freezer on the overall round win.

Congratulations also to the mini-season champ, ab156, who with no wins but more podiums than anyone else, rises to the top.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Freezer   72
Grat   71
ab156   65
RussG   60
AbleArcher83   59
Mael   55
killagorilla   52
Wally   48
Phil.8   47
Bird   45
Keith   43

Penalties - $300
None.

Season Standings
1. ab156, 197
2. Wally, 195
3. Mael, 191

3 x 15 laps.

Car Dealer
Don't forget to rent your new car, before 6:00pm next Tuesday! The car dealer will be closed at 6:00pm next Tuesday.

Practice server times
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 10:55:40 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S26R4: Magione
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 07:30:10 PM »
So has anybody made it to the 918 Spyder?

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 09:22:18 PM »
I believe I could have, but I missed 2 rounds, so I'm still at the start. :(

2+2=√16

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 09:53:29 PM »

I'm sure an envelope full of cash posted to Wally can sort it out  :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 10:44:44 PM »

Correct.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 09:25:07 AM »
It's a damn big jump from the gt3rs, so my guess is no.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 10:55:39 AM »

Correct.

So what's the current exchange rate AU$ vs cardealer$ ?  ;)
A pity, I'm a few hundred $ short of getting into a Carrera R.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 06:26:17 PM »
Server's up.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 07:10:19 PM »
Sorry. It I’m a non starter tonight, I’ve just got home and forgot to visit the dealer before they shut...happy racing guys

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 10:34:37 PM »
Good nights racing for me.  Had the GT3 so was able to grab a rare pole. 
Race one saw Bird and Grat fighting behind which let me pull a sizeable gap for an easy win.
Race two was heading the same way when a laps in concentration saw me miss the brake marker at the end of the back straight and
sail off into the sand.  Grat & Bird were through and despite an effort was not able to make any inroads.
Race three saw Grat in pole with Bird then myself.  After a number of laps Bird went off and I was able to get onto the back of Grat.
From there it was a great battle, I took a few dives around the outside and rode his bumper most of the way but to no avail . . . and then
I missed the same brake marker from R2 and he was gone.
Good to have a good car and be up the front . . :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2019, 10:56:18 PM »
Results are up top.
Well done to ab156 who rises to the top of the standings!

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2019, 11:05:27 PM »
Results are up top.
maaaaaan! I don't even win the round,... after all that work! :(

Wally: you should think about the scoring system---seems like if you have the slower car there is really nothing you can do, as even if you don't let them pass, they'll still score the fastest lap ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 12:13:08 AM »
Results are up top.
maaaaaan! I don't even win the round,... after all that work! :(

Wally: you should think about the scoring system---seems like if you have the slower car there is really nothing you can do, as even if you don't let them pass, they'll still score the fastest lap ;)
Yeah, the fastest lap bonus point is probably a bit irrelevant with this system.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2019, 07:35:54 AM »
That was a night of "Can anyone pass killagorilla"? The Cayman GT4s of myself, Phil and Keith were bottled up behind Killa's Carrera S the whole night. We all had a go at passing him, and Keith nearly pulled off a well set up move on both Phil and Killa, but Killa hung on. The best I could do was try and force a mistake, by showing him different wide and narrow lines into corners in his mirror hoping to see if he would run wide, but Killa drove too well and was unpassable.

I only managed one pass myself, by getting my nose inside at turn 1 on Keith, and he oversteered just enough on exit to let me squeeze by.

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2019, 08:35:45 AM »
Another good nights racing. It's been a little busy around here lately so no practice to speak of.  Made a few little changes to the base setup and set about trying to find some enjoyment during practice.  Didn't happen :)  Pulled a lap from nowhere in qual to get into the 18's which I hoped would be enough to find a safe spot on the track given the gap to people ahead and people behind.

All three races turned out to be crackers.  I didn't quite have the pace of grat and Bird but certainly had a good view of the race long battles.  Freezer was in his own league in race 1 but in the other 2 races he managed to get involved in the grat / Bird battle which made even more entertaining viewing.  I did briefly drop into the lead in race 2 when the others went off at the end of the back straight, I knew I didn't have the pace to hold it so tried to let grat past but stuff happened and I had a small spin - my only real error for the night.

Another great example of the practice times not reflecting the racing, the GT3RS and R were pretty even once in traffic with the RS only having a slight advantage down the back straight but requiring a massive set if a move was to be attempted at the fast right hander.

Think I fell across the line in the mini series due to Bird disconnecting in the last race (I know you forgot to load setup but the pace you had would have seen you back on my tail by the end of the race) and sneaking past Freezer when he went off with 2 laps to go.

Thanks to Wally for setting it up, has been interesting to try something new. If we can get the numbers back up and fine tune the strategy side I think it is an interesting concept.  I do accept that the guys who are normally at the front and race for wins alone probably don't "get" it.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 05:43:24 PM by ab156 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal