Xtreme Gaming Network

Thursdays next season ideas

Author Topic: Thursdays next season ideas  (Read 148887 times)

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Thursdays next season ideas
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2018, 02:50:36 PM »
WIP for comment, tracklist almost complete for a six weeks season: Grid position for third race, open to suggestions.

Salzburgring     Week One Track and link :  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tyqj6qJfDk2LshVStCdP6qVhyrbeThN0/view

Oschersleben    Week Two Track and link : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/oschersleben-track-2017.16894/

Zolder67          Week Three Track and link :https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kE4pVU7IuPQ2vTu37M5-kA1nRGh52lGE/view

Fuji 68           (I fixed a sticky wall and smoothed the track mesh a tad.)
Nordschleife  (Kunos version without the GP track)
Monza            (Kunos version modded to delete the first chicane)

and two others. (German would be good)

FLATTOPS THURSDAY

Season 14

WORLD DOMINATION SERIES

20 WEAPONS TO CHOOSE FROM

Group 5 gen 4 cars - Download link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x6WIjWCzLAKWPmK6GcjYJANdEywxLYjd/view    1.7 gb  Filter by search Gr.5
                                   Ferrari Patch   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pcd-NKZq8OkrXIRjWbg3FU9rictQ4xqd/view
Except for the Grand Final no car to be driven twice.

2 races of 10 minutes, auto reverse grid (do not leave server before second race starts), followed by a 5 minute break then a 30 minute race.  First race to start at 8.20 pm.

No separate Qualifying, that is, practice session serves as Qualifying also.

Point scoring as per Phil.

Series test May 31: Track - download link here - 60s Hockenheim https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/60s-hockenheim-grand-prix-circuit-f3-classic-tracks.13105/
I found I needed to add some Brake Gamma to stop lockups.

6 week season. Track list WIP

A huge thanks to Seanus for making this possible. He has captured the soul of these cars, and they are as I remember them.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 04:32:08 PM by rooshooter »
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2018, 04:32:17 PM »
For the third race how about rolling reverse Championship order. First race would see us seeded by the rankings that Wally keeps, and from then on we will have results from each week so the starting order can be published even before the event.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2018, 04:40:34 PM »
Aarrgghh, you're going to force me to qualify! :o
 :P

2+2=√16

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2018, 05:11:29 PM »
Are you after 60s circuits? Zolder67 is good but in Belgium.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/zolder-1967-v-2.18383/

Otherwise or as well - Sachsenring is German and is a good mod and we have raced there before.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sachsenring.4762/

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2018, 05:25:30 PM »
Except for the Grand Final no car to be driven twice.

Does that mean I can drive a red BMW in one race then a blue BMW in the next one etc? ;) :D

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2018, 05:36:35 PM »
Got a fixed version of Zolder 67 as well.

There's three and a half BMWs to choose from. ;)
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2018, 06:11:23 PM »
After I install that mod ,when AC is loading it gets to "Loading car metadata 100%", then sits there with a spinning circle forever.
Any ideas.
Only thing I can think of is I can't get AC to run unless I have "force 32 bit" ticked. Is this mod only programmed for 64bit?
Just remembered that after I installed the Formula 1 1975 mod  I had the same problem.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 06:39:59 PM by gawaterman »

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2018, 06:38:35 PM »
Sounds like you'll need to fix that 32bit switch as that should never be needed.
You also must use 'Content Manager', not that the mod is incompatible with the standard launcher it's just that 'Content Manager' is so bloody good it deserves the imperative. ;) Especially as the standard launcher is a steaming pile of proverbial. >:(

Double check you folder structure with the download.

You may need to delete the 'Assetto Corsa' folder from within your 'My Documents' folder, but that involves losing all your settings. >:(

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2018, 06:47:21 PM »
Aarrgghh, you're going to force me to qualify! :o
 :P
That was not my intention, could you start from pits maybe ?
If we go straight from a "Practice Session" to a Race , how are starting grids slots allocated?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 08:25:25 AM by rooshooter »

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2018, 06:48:09 PM »
Are you after 60s circuits? Zolder67 is good but in Belgium.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/zolder-1967-v-2.18383/

Otherwise or as well - Sachsenring is German and is a good mod and we have raced there before.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sachsenring.4762/
Thanks Gratulin I will check these out.

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2018, 07:29:21 PM »
Sounds like you'll need to fix that 32bit switch as that should never be needed.
You also must use 'Content Manager', not that the mod is incompatible with the standard launcher it's just that 'Content Manager' is so bloody good it deserves the imperative. ;) Especially as the standard launcher is a steaming pile of proverbial. >:(

You may need to delete the 'Assetto Corsa' folder from within your 'My Documents' folder, but that involves losing all your settings. >:(

I suspect the 32 bit problem is my Windows installation as I also cannot get RF2 to run in 64 bit, but I can get lots of other programs to run in 64 bit so not sure how to fix it, and I don't want to do a new Windows install if I can avoid it.
Did delete the 'Assetto Corsa' folder from within your 'My Documents' folder, but that didnt fix it, but as mentioned in another post it gave my fps a big lift.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2018, 07:39:37 PM »

I suspect the 32 bit problem is my Windows installation as I also cannot get RF2 to run in 64 bit, but I can get lots of other programs to run in 64 bit so not sure how to fix it, and I don't want to do a new Windows install if I can avoid it.
Did delete the 'Assetto Corsa' folder from within your 'My Documents' folder, but that didnt fix it, but as mentioned in another post it gave my fps a big lift.
Could Steam be the problem?

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2018, 11:24:36 PM »

Could Steam be the problem?
I guess that is a common thing with AC & RF2, but how do I check that?
All files successfully validated.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 11:36:47 PM by gawaterman »

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2018, 08:22:53 AM »

You can backup all your local steam files for each game so you don't lose all the downloaded tracks and cars. If you go the win reinstall route.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2018, 08:32:46 AM »
For the third race how about rolling reverse Championship order. First race would see us seeded by the rankings that Wally keeps, and from then on we will have results from each week so the starting order can be published even before the event.
That could work if people make a note of the two drivers below them in the standings, in case one is away. I could add a link to the results, next to the track selection for that week.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal