Xtreme Gaming Network

S19R2: Spa Race Chat

Author Topic: S19R2: Spa Race Chat  (Read 35772 times)

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S19R2: Spa Race Chat
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2017, 04:00:38 PM »
I'm just a little concerned with trend.
When an LMP1 driver asks the GT3 driver for a heads up, the response seems to be you're on your own, you work it out.
If we all work together we can have a clean race but if some GT3 drivers are just going to ignore the fact that there are LMP1's out there, then crashes will follow.
I concur. It will always need awareness from both classes. However the LMP1 is the one doing the passing, so the onus is primarily on the LMP1 to make a safe pass.
Of course. but if the request is no to pass in braking zones because otherwise the GT3 car has to go off-line... then there's no racing, I guess. A pass is a pass. It should be safe, it should be deliberate and clear, and should leave racing space. But if you are being passed and need to get off the line, you do it. ;)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2017, 07:29:54 PM »
Just a comment.

GT3 drivers would need to be positive about which side of the track they going to go after Eau Rouge. The LMP will be doing around 315 on the exit on Eau Rouge and trying to pass GT3's safely will be impossible if we  need to guess which side to go. So pick a side, left or right, it does not matter. But do it immediately.    8)

As an LMP driver coming out of Eau Rouge you will have to be cautious. All GT3 cars will be on the right, but will merge back to the left for the straight, this is what I was doing when you side swiped me and put me into a wall, you came out lightning fast and I had no time to avoid.  So all LMP drivers will have to show caution coming out at the top and it makes sense that they should all stick to the right and show some patience.  I really don't want to see LMP drivers diving under brakes into a corner and forcing GT3 cars out wide and off the racing line for a second race either.  In the few areas where the racing line crosses from one side to the other of the circuit to line up for the next corner LMP drivers will just have to wait for a clear path rather than make one.  Both sets of drivers will have to check the track map more to see what is happening around them,

My comment was not aimed at you Shameless but the crash with you was the one prompting me to make the comment. Coming up behind you I was going to pass on the right but as you moved over (as is your right to do) it forced me to change decision and pass on the left. The problem was that I could not predict which side you were going to move to.

For me this is where Matthew is very good, probably the best I've raced with. From his car's body language I always know exactly what he is going to do when he is overtaking or lapping me, and thus he makes it very easy to avoid accidents.

As for the Eau Rouge exit. Later in the practice server I came up behind Phil at exactly the same place. He exited on the right and stayed right, meant I had to do all the work to get by but even on full boost at the edge of grip I managed to do it safely. So staying to the right on the optimal line would be best for GT3's in my opinion  :P

Now obviously during the race I will not be so aggressive during the maneuver, the practice server is there to test how much we can push the limit. Strangely the accident with Shameless my car was not really affected, bit of loss of speed  but I stayed on track and not a lot of damage. But poor Shamaless's car was spinning like a top in my rear view mirror!

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2017, 05:15:51 AM »
Yeah it was just unfortunate.. I was testing a very light and loose setup so the slightest upset and boom.. hello wall.  I can be unpredictable most of the time, but have no issue communicating to a driver who I see is coming in my rear view, but can't see them from the Eau Rouge, only track map, if they are close  enough.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2017, 05:22:59 AM »

Of course. but if the request is no to pass in braking zones because otherwise the GT3 car has to go off-line... then there's no racing, I guess. A pass is a pass. It should be safe, it should be deliberate and clear, and should leave racing space. But if you are being passed and need to get off the line, you do it. ;)

Not the braking zone, more into the corners, I was forced offline in a chicane/bus stop which caused me to slam into a wall, only due to the fact of the immense speed difference between LMP and GT3, if it was another GT3 car pulling the same move it's a lot more predictable. So making a dangerous move in an LMP against a GT3 car in that situation is impatient and foolish if it's at the expense of someone else's race.

I have no issues with an LMP pulling up on the inside in a braking zone before the corner and a GT3 giving them the corner and to follow through after them..

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2017, 07:20:57 AM »
Hmmmm, Kcender87 has done a 1:58 in the Audi beating my 2:02, and his top speed is 306 compared to my 326. It seems to me that some people must be running quite high aero here.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2017, 06:54:15 PM »
Hmmmm, Kcender87 has done a 1:58 in the Audi beating my 2:02, and his top speed is 306 compared to my 326. It seems to me that some people must be running quite high aero here.

Even with the GT3s the top speed down the straight isn't enough.. cornering speed is going to win at spa.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2017, 08:32:22 PM »
To my Toyota bros I attached the setup Ill be running it feels pretty good I haven't done a huge amount of work to it but its something lol, you may need to pump the tyre pressures up for the track temps I found 34 hot worked nice and 7th gear may need to be longer.
Stracker shows your top speed is "only" 299kph (I can hit 325), but your aero doesn't look overly aggressive in your setup. And you got a 1:59. What's going on there?

Somehow missed this Wally lol yeah I'm not too sure seems like the other toyotas arnt as bad either, I really struggled at silverstone on the straights. Maybe it's my gearing? I haven't tested much and the few things I tried last tues didn't really do anything.
do you even motorsports?

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2017, 10:30:32 PM »
This is going to be a hard race, I can pretty much guarantee I wont make it to the end, about every 5 or 6 laps eau rouge bites and the impact from that is race ending every time
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2017, 10:47:15 PM »
This is going to be a hard race, I can pretty much guarantee I wont make it to the end, about every 5 or 6 laps eau rouge bites and the impact from that is race ending every time

Have you considered lifting?  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2017, 10:47:44 PM »
To my Toyota bros I attached the setup Ill be running it feels pretty good I haven't done a huge amount of work to it but its something lol, you may need to pump the tyre pressures up for the track temps I found 34 hot worked nice and 7th gear may need to be longer.
Stracker shows your top speed is "only" 299kph (I can hit 325), but your aero doesn't look overly aggressive in your setup. And you got a 1:59. What's going on there?

Somehow missed this Wally lol yeah I'm not too sure seems like the other toyotas arnt as bad either, I really struggled at silverstone on the straights. Maybe it's my gearing? I haven't tested much and the few things I tried last tues didn't really do anything.
Check your PMs :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2017, 10:48:15 PM »

whats this lifting you speak of
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2017, 10:48:59 PM »

Haha my fastest laps yesterday were when flat, but like you said didn't work that often. I'll most likely lift a little for the race.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2017, 07:34:33 AM »

Haha my fastest laps yesterday were when flat, but like you said didn't work that often. I'll most likely lift a little for the race.
... whereas I'll be pressing the boost button.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2017, 04:57:32 PM »

Check your PMs :)

done :)
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2017, 06:15:58 PM »
Server's up - let me know here if there are any problems joining.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal