Xtreme Gaming Network

Racer Introductions

Author Topic: Racer Introductions  (Read 317996 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: Racer Introductions
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2014, 12:02:18 PM »
Hi and Welcome back Marty/mcmeek, haha didn't take long to be enticed  into racing again!
We had many fun P&G events over the years and pleased you decided to have a look at Asetto Corsa.

Steam, normally painless
Asettto Corsa install and run, normally painless
Adding extras, just needs a little knowledge, a few short cuts for your file explorer and... all is okay

See you on track when things settle for you.

PS nice choice for your avatar, one of you slot cars?
Got an early Holden slot car for sale?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 12:04:17 PM by Flattop Bruce »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline mcmeek

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2014, 01:16:36 PM »
hehe,yep...I'll try and get Fabbi back onboard!
I should be fine getting everything set up...I'm just not very patient but I'm sure with the help of the forum I'll get things sorted!

The avatar is actually a real car,a 289 Cobra ,CSX 2345. The only unrestored Cobra in existence!
My dad took the pic during practise at the 1000km race at the Nuerburgring in 64' :-) 
Bob Bondurant at the wheel...car didn't finish.
I got lots of pics and slides and a few photo albums...we should have tea somewhere after the Revival!
Cheers Marty

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]

Offline Bafs17

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2014, 04:31:07 PM »
Hi Fabio here, aka fabbi, fab or baf, they all work. Online I'm Bafs17 :). Marty has got me back on board and I have been using Assetto Corsa since the steam release last year.
I'm 43, from Adelaide and a primary school teacher, currently with year 4/5s. Have been into sim racing since GTL and have fond memories of online racing with gamerscrib, no grip and possibly a short stint here on xgn. Was racing with Mr Mcmeek and others with P&G and then took a rest for a few years due to study and work commitments.
Cheers

Offline mcmeek

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2014, 04:36:43 PM »
WOHOOOO!

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2014, 04:51:59 PM »
Now we have two Martys.

We are going to have to kill one of them...  I think I like the one that just joined.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2014, 04:59:52 PM »
Hi Fabio here, aka fabbi, fab or baf, they all work. Online I'm Bafs17 :). Marty has got me back on board and I have been using Assetto Corsa since the steam release last year.
I'm 43, from Adelaide and a primary school teacher, currently with year 4/5s. Have been into sim racing since GTL and have fond memories of online racing with gamerscrib, no grip and possibly a short stint here on xgn. Was racing with Mr Mcmeek and others with P&G and then took a rest for a few years due to study and work commitments.
Cheers

Welcome back fabbi, I hope your not as fast as you were, that goes for mcmeek too!
Great to see you here.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2014, 05:18:25 PM »
Now we have two Martys.

We are going to have to kill one of them...  I think I like the one that just joined.

:D
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2014, 05:48:49 PM »
Now we have two Martys.

You sure you're not getting confused with Mary?

Offline Bafs17

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2014, 06:09:11 PM »
Welcome back fabbi, I hope your not as fast as you were, that goes for mcmeek too!
Great to see you here.
[/quote]

Lol. Good to be back Flattop. Not sure about being fast. I can say that it is very demoralising racing with Guybrush Threepwood and a few others online.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2014, 06:32:18 PM »
Hi Marty. Welcome to XGN. I'm sure you'll find some racing to suit you here on either Tuesday or Thursday nights. Keep your eye out for various fun races or season sign up threads.

Bacchulum is our resident Steam expert. If you have any problems, ask him, because he's had them all.
Don't get me started on Steam...... :-X

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2014, 11:34:04 PM »
Now we have two Martys.

You sure you're not getting confused with Mary?

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2014, 07:31:27 AM »
Marty Cervan we have all taken a vote (of which everyone else was absent)  and decided that you have to change your name to "Mary".  Dick said this better reflects your driving and gender.   And besides,  Sally needs some company.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 07:33:11 AM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2014, 09:11:21 AM »
Marty Cervan we have all taken a vote (of which everyone else was absent)  and decided that you have to change your name to "Mary".  Dick said this better reflects your driving and gender.   And besides,  Sally needs some company.

I know right. I can't believe he would get so upset. This screen shot of his shelby cobra. Can clearly see it says "Mary" on the license plate.
And the skin itself speaks volumes of his preferences as it is!

Offline mcmeek

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2014, 12:21:48 PM »

I know right. I can't believe he would get so upset. This screen shot of his shelby cobra. Can clearly see it says "Mary" on the license plate.
And the skin itself speaks volumes of his preferences as it is!

HELL YES!!!!

...where can I get it?

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2014, 01:02:10 PM »

HELL YES!!!!

...where can I get it?

Hi Mcmeek. Or Marty?
 Good to see you know a good skin when you see one!

This skin is taken by one of the locals, Mary, for Thursday night Chicken & Cobra race night.... Or whatever it's called this season...
Anyway, he might be willing to share. But as seen in this thread he is known to have mood swings... All goes back to a unfortunate cranium accident he had with his tailgate while unpacking his snowboard. Did some serious damage I heard. Had to replace the whole tailgate..

Besides this is just one of many unconventional 'Dick Skins' you'll see on the Shelby Cobras.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal