Xtreme Gaming Network

S22R1: Dutch Grand Prix Post Race

Author Topic: S22R1: Dutch Grand Prix Post Race  (Read 14000 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S22R1: Dutch Grand Prix Post Race
« on: May 08, 2018, 06:20:26 PM »
Kcender takes out the first race, leading 33 of the 37 laps, running a two-stop H/S/S strategy.

RACE RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Kcender87   45
Matthew111   38
Jeremy   32
Phil.8   27
Freezer   23
Bacchulum   20
RussG   18
Shayne   17
buellersdayoff   16
Wally   15
Keith   14
Rob   13
Seanus   12
Doobs   11
Grat   10
Dave O   9
ab156   0
Dadio   0
Dr.Dinkum   0
JamieP   0
Joe   0
Mael   0
Shaun Field   0
Simone   0

Congratulations to Kcender87 on pole and the race win.

Penalties
None.

Season Podium
1. Kcender87, 45
2. Matthew111, 38
3. Jeremy,, 32
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 10:28:28 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
Re: S22R1: Dutch Grand Prix Post Race
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 09:55:00 PM »
Looks like I'll be out for a little while. My graphics card as called it a day and my backup (HD6850) just doesn't cut it even at low res and low settings. Can only manage 45 FPS with drops to below 15. Just my luck when we finally have an open wheel season. Guess I'll be stuck on GranTourismo 5, KRP, or maybe GT Legends/Race07 for a little while.

I guess it's an opportunity to get my ClubSport wheel and pedals ready too.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 10:08:33 PM »
Bad night for me. Feels like something wrong with the car I just have no grip and am being lapped by people I usually race closely with. Didn't do much practice and am using default setup but I didn't expect to be that far off the pace. PLP said I had 15 cuts after just a few laps then stayed at 15 so not sure what happened there.

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 10:18:17 PM »
Worth it :P

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 10:18:58 PM »
lol ouch, need some light karting gloves
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 10:22:39 PM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 10:21:48 PM »
Bacchulum , how many litres did you need to make fuel as quick as tyers in the pit stop,   I just tested 45l of fuel pit stop and it still took twice as long as the tyers, its probably same for everyone, I just want to be sure so next week I don't lose so much time in the pits
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 10:27:27 PM »
Bad night for me. Feels like something wrong with the car I just have no grip and am being lapped by people I usually race closely with. Didn't do much practice and am using default setup but I didn't expect to be that far off the pace. PLP said I had 15 cuts after just a few laps then stayed at 15 so not sure what happened there.

Much the same for me as well Joe... I had 17 cuts and stayed on 17 ???? :o
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 10:29:17 PM »
Results up in first post.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 10:36:04 PM »
lol ouch, need some light karting gloves

That was with gloves :P

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2018, 10:38:10 PM »
Looks like I'll be out for a little while. My graphics card as called it a day and my backup (HD6850) just doesn't cut it even at low res and low settings. Can only manage 45 FPS with drops to below 15. Just my luck when we finally have an open wheel season. Guess I'll be stuck on GranTourismo 5, KRP, or maybe GT Legends/Race07 for a little while.

I guess it's an opportunity to get my ClubSport wheel and pedals ready too.
That's bad news. Now is not the time to be shopping for a new graphics card, with prices as they are.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2018, 10:43:50 PM »

Much the same for me as well Joe... I had 17 cuts and stayed on 17 ??? ? :o

Yeah, there's something a bit screwy there - nobody cut at all in the race, so it certainly shouldn't be reporting any cuts. I'll investigate.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2018, 07:44:34 AM »
Hoooooo noooo  its hard!!!  My idea was only one stop,starting with soft tyres and 60 lt of fuel,it was all good until i pitted but after that i could not reason anymore.I spent 45 sec in the pits refuelling (75 lt)and changing tyres(hard).
Then i ended in the middle of blue flags guys and letting wally go through i lost it and ended up on the grass...try to fight.back back my bones...hands...wrists...arms..shoulder and.brain had enough.
TOUGH sport!!!   Thing is i had fun and i would like to try again maybe this time i will last more than half!!!
....off too work!!!!     See ya crazy ppl!!!
Yes...using the clutch was really good fun!!!  Hhaahhaaa
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 07:47:55 AM by Simone »

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2018, 08:07:44 AM »
My race graph is fantastic!... :(

At the start of the race I thought "right! I have read that repairs were somewhat fast, so maybe I just click repairs in the pitstop app and forget about it". Bad idea: I actually had no body damage at all and only a missed a gear change two times or so, plus two or three times hitting the limiter. No actual need for repairs. But then I entered my pits and it was like 2 or 3 minutes.... Even more ironically, I forgot to click on the tyres (or maybe I just clicked it again by mistake). So when I got out I had to reverse and get back in just for tyres (another 30 seconds the whole operation)... but then I also got an extra unneeded 30 litres... :(

Oh, well... I guess that's what happens when you have no time at all to prepare for the race ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2018, 08:53:32 AM »
That's a bad experience, Grat. Yes, it certainly pays to test these things first to know what you're up for.

My race was pretty uneventful. I spent a lot of it with either Russ or Keith lurking somewhere in my mirrors. I went for two hard stints, made no mistakes. Let the lead trio of Kcender, Matt and Jeremy past under blue flags a few times.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2018, 10:28:09 AM »
Was a good race up to the point of disconnect with 7 laps to go  :'(

Up to that point I planned on finishing a one stopper softs then hards which would have been touch and go on tire life, poor Phil was bearing the brunt of tire conservation driving, sorry Phil  ;D Overall I'm glad we doing these cars, its hard work but really satisfying.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 10:54:06 AM by Mael »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal