Xtreme Gaming Network

Windows reinstall

Author Topic: Windows reinstall  (Read 17226 times)

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Windows reinstall
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2017, 07:26:02 AM »
Oh and ts, I for some reason still have to regularly reassign my wheel button (still active in ts settings but still needs to be reassigned for some reason), I think it must be fanatec drivers...dunno?
Fanatec driver v292 for cs wheel base v2.5
You might have something else grabbing that button?
Oh and ts, I for some reason still have to regularly reassign my wheel button (still active in ts settings but still needs to be reassigned for some reason), I think it must be fanatec drivers...dunno?
I had to do that for years, until one day it rectified itself.
Now TS just crashes 2 times before running stably.
Maybe just a bug in TS? annoying but I just check before I use it and reassign when required

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2017, 09:03:17 AM »
oh god, now a choice
paragon drive copy, too :)

Will feel nice when all done. Nice clean install running smoothly.

yes feels nice and snappy again

You know what this reminds me?  Good ole' win95 times.  That had to be reinstalled yearly to keep running. 
Win7 is still the winner if you ask me.  I just don't think they'll be able to save this mess they call windows10, there is just too many things that seem fundamentally wrong with it - privacy & security wise as well.

Whereby comes the question; why don't you reinstall windows 7, since you have to start from scratch anyway?

ON TS:
I usually have to re-start it after starting it up once, otherwise I get the "chipmunk" effect (I'm sure some of you still remember that.)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2017, 10:05:29 AM »

Maybe you should consider an upgrade to Win10?  ;D

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2017, 10:28:09 AM »

Maybe you should consider an upgrade to Win10?  ;D
Yep, it's on the list. ;)
Right after setting fire to myself......
 :P

2+2=√16

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2017, 01:43:16 PM »
Does a disk image get your whole PC, like C and D drive and all works after a reinstall of the image if needed ? 
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2017, 01:49:27 PM »
Does a disk image get your whole PC, like C and D drive and all works after a reinstall of the image if needed ?
You have select the disks one at a time to image.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2017, 02:11:37 PM »
That's cool,   But can I restore a whole PC like that, So now I have all my stuff how I like it on both drives, If I take an image of both now and when the next windows update screws me over, I can Install both images to their respective drives and all will be normal again ?

Also will a windows usb do as my boot loader or do I need to make a special EaseUS todo one, sorry for all the questions? learning as I go here  8) :o
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 02:14:55 PM by Phil.8 »

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2017, 02:20:02 PM »
As far as I know, with macrium, you select the disk/s you want to image. Last time I did a reinstall of Windows 10 C drive, without an image, everything on the D drive was untouched and worked fine once I pointed my directories back to D (eg: D:downloads, D:steam library etc)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2017, 03:07:21 PM »
If I already have things like downloads pointed to D will That stay like that when I install an image, should do I think ?  oh well cant be more annoying than losing a day getting my PC back to how it was 2 days ago :)

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2017, 03:43:32 PM »
That's cool,   But can I restore a whole PC like that, So now I have all my stuff how I like it on both drives, If I take an image of both now and when the next windows update screws me over, I can Install both images to their respective drives and all will be normal again ?

Also will a windows usb do as my boot loader or do I need to make a special EaseUS todo one, sorry for all the questions? learning as I go here  8) :o
I would make a special Easeus ToDo boot loader and test it, in theory your C disk (the SSD) the one with Win10 installed will be the only one you would need to restore with a stuff up from a Win10 update. But at the first opportunity also image your other drives, depending on how precious the data on them is.
Also keep in mind this imaging process takes a VERY long time depending on size of disk (run over night). Also disable any sleep timer you may have turned on.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 05:07:58 PM by rooshooter »

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2017, 03:44:45 PM »
If I already have things like downloads pointed to D will That stay like that when I install an image, should do I think ?  oh well cant be more annoying than losing a day getting my PC back to how it was 2 days ago :)
Should stay the same.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal