Xtreme Gaming Network

S16R5: Silverstone GP Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S16R5: Silverstone GP Post-Race Chat  (Read 10321 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: S16R5: Silverstone GP Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 08:55:45 AM »
I enjoyed last night's racing even though I am still only doing the one race on the night. Being at the back of the field I just tried to not get caught up in the chaos - just stuck my elbows out and held my lines through the first few corners. Couldn't avoid some bangs but at least stayed on track. Once the running order settled I did some consistent laps and only lost concentration for a couple of laps towards the end.
The Porsche+Silverstone combo is great and I am starting to know Silverstone well enough to be able to lap without spinning. I only sometimes got the lines through the corners correct but at least I am beginning to see where I am going wrong.

The new grip progression made the driving much more predictable at the start of the race ( thanks Wally!)

On another note - AC NetCode really shines these days. Last night I inadvertently was recording 2 concurrent streaming TV shows on our Fetch TV while racing. I saw my ping go up and turn RED for a while but AC seemed to handle everything perfectly. I do have a 100mb/s connection however.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 10:42:17 AM »
Goood round  :)

After a solid qualifying performance and good start I ended up 5th after the first lap. However I soon cracked under Phil's pressure running wide and allowing him an easy pass. From there it was a hard slog pushing every lap to try and keep Phil within sight. Strangely Phil lost a bit of time on the last two laps culminating with a mistake before the last chicane, A bit of bumping and scraping left me exciting the corner alone for 5th place. Apologies if the contact was my mistake Phil!

Race 2 was all about a top 10 place, that was until Grat & Kcender bingle. Suddenly a podium position was on offer which I was going to fight hard for! With Phil behind me I followed one simple rule.....must hit the apex. After doing what felt like a PB on every lap and some dubious defensive maneuvers a third place finish just ahead of Phil.  ;D

I saw Freezer's cuts and knew he was having a battle in the mid-field wars, the races are certainly easier with a good qualification position! But the end result was still good for Maki Engineering.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 06:09:54 PM »
Congratulations for your podium Mael!!!

Not bad race at all the first one,i was feeling part of the car,and i was in control  :P :P  Tried hard to destroy Wally but he was too good,well done Wally!!! Another positive thing is that i touched the 2.05s and i am happy  eheheee

Second race...DUNNO....hahahaaa at the first corner i saw this car in front of me...BANG!!!  You know how demoralizing is watching those car passing by in front you i mean a more serious racer would have fought back. but not me and after fighting a bit with AJ i retired,the r too many fast ppl  not easy to make up  8) 8)

All good  a fun night   

Please can someone post the first 20 sec of race 2???   thx 

Offline Slow_As

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2017, 06:53:05 PM »
Does someone have a replay of both races? I'd be very keen to see the first lap of each.

cheers

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2017, 07:10:46 PM »
I started 9th in both races and seemed the first 10 cars got away with no incidents but a bit of carnage right behind me  :o

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 08:28:48 PM by marty »

Offline Slow_As

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2017, 07:07:04 PM »
Thanks Marty for the replays.

Race 1:
My apologies to Seanus for out braking myself on the first lap and giving you a nudge. Even though you were back in front of me by the next straight - 2 others got by you as a result of my tap. Unfortunately it turned worse for you after that as you got skittled by others in the next corner.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 07:46:20 PM by Slow_As »

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2017, 09:03:20 AM »
OK only this morning i had the time to look at the replay(thx Marty)  so.....first corner race 2,freezer hit wally,freezer loses control hitting ninth,ninth loses control  hitting Simone......Simone looses control.........i lose

All good guys!!!   lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal