Xtreme Gaming Network

S7 Silverstone post race chat

Author Topic: S7 Silverstone post race chat  (Read 25125 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S7 Silverstone post race chat
« on: May 26, 2015, 09:52:30 PM »
Race Results
Season Standings

Penalties
Race 1 - Wally (-4) for moving sideways into Jeremy (+4) at T2.

Round Points
Matthew111    73
Rolz    66
Ysu    65
Steve Xland    62
Jeremy    57
Perch    54
Bafs17    51
Wally    47
StanDaam    45
Vipergod    44
Rob    41
Bacchulum    38
Krahl    35
UnFknBLievable    33
christopheraser    30
Freezer    30
Shameless    30
Simone    30
Joe    27
Wobblyone    5

Congratulations to Matthew111 on the round win and Matthew111 and Ysu on the race wins.

Season Podium
1. Matthew111, 73
2. Rolz, 66
3. Ysu, 65
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 10:45:42 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: S7 Silverstone post race chat
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 10:12:24 PM »
Heh.  I did NOT expect to come out on top, when my first lap on this combo was pretty much halfway through the quali :)

It was good. Shame about that tangle in the last lap of R1, it'd have been a nice 3rd possy.

Chris, had I waited more turning in towards the corner, as you said on TS, I'd not have made the corner at all.  Maybe my line is different to yours, but I have a very shallow entry to make the braking as straight as possible, so where I started turning I was already wide (very wide) compared to my regular entry.  I assumed you have started turning - not to mention I did not expect you to force the issue, riding 2cm from my side since you have just run off on the previous corner.  And finally I did not notice helicorsa giving me a warning for side overlap.

But then, you showed up red (as I've noticed on the replay) which means some lag has just added to the mess, sadly.
I'm sorry it turned out this way, but no biggie, we're here for fun only, after all.

The 2nd I got really lucky with my quali position, the front row inside ensured I did not have to fight much for the lead.  It was a somewhat uneventful run with a happy ending :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 10:16:25 PM by Bird »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 10:22:06 PM »
Race 1 lost a little bit of grip in turn 1 then had a tap from behind from Chris pushing me into Perch but managed to make it around, then suffered with the carnage going on after turn 2, getting tapped by a spinning Freezer, still managing to hold it into turn 3 but then getting hit side on my Wobbly pushing me off the track. Couldn't rejoin the track safely and ended up in last. Think I finished in 12th though which is where I qualified so happy enough with that.

Race 2 got quite a good start, but not sure who was 2 in front was jumping around all over the place and I attempted to avoid them and took somebody out, Perch? Sorry for whatever carnage that caused. Did okay until my pitstop where I either didn't change tyres or accidentally put the road tyres on and had no grip sliding around all over the place in 17th.

One of my kids then started screaming so I had to abandon the race. Happened last Thursday too  >:( Kids, who'd have 'em! Well apparently me as I have another one on the way due in November.  :o

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 10:40:13 PM »
Congtatulations...........!!!!! Joe,a new baby coming!!!  haahahaa  My time has passed,now i am almost a Grand Dad :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Good fun race but too many accident,huge mess at the moment we better improve the imersion ansdrealism  ;D ;D ;D
Again i did not qual well at all, very unlucky and please during qual let the driver pass if you just exit the pits...thx!!
Nice sprint race especially battling shameless who finally i passed  after few funny laps,also it was not very good to race with the windscreen completely shattered   8).Second race was not very good and starting from the back does not help either,this time i have been lucky because i went through a carnage intact...or.almost >:(
Tried not to get tyres and be a smart ass but it did not pay off that well and if i had not  been  sent on the grass again i would have,,,,,,,,,,,,,i would have.,,,.... :o :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ ;D  nothing because i run out of fuel half lap to go,good fun guys!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 11:40:43 PM by Simone »

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 10:55:10 PM »
Was pretty happy with the mcalren was a nice car out of the box, obviously with no setup options its just set up the alignment and go lol

Race1: Managed to fit in a solid lap right at the death of qually which i was happy with. Got a clean start and watched the field burn behind me which was a shame lol from there i just kept it clean and drove it home for a nice start to the season with win number 1 :)

Race2: Avoided the lag issue off the line just and slotted in behind wally until he had a moment at turn 6, i thought he was just going to spin wide but then he half managed to keep it and then finally looped it across the front my car and i had no where to go lol nothing we could do to avoid contact there just one of those things. Pressed on but the car was a dog id say 2.5secs slower than it should have been so it was hard to catch people but i managed to get on to the back of rolz before he pitted. I pitted a lap later and decided to take the extra time to fix the damage to get the pace back, the plan worked car was good again and i confidently managed to secure a p2 so not all bad :)
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 10:55:38 PM »
The race 1 accident was my fault :( On looking at the replay, I moved across to the apex in the second turn instead of holding my line and cut off Jeremy, causing a pileup as our cars just skidded out of control. I'm sorry about that - not a great start.

On lap 2, Wobblyone lost control (I think) and skidded across the grass at T3 and speared into my car, sending me spinning. Windscreen well and truly smashed. I must have copped some serious damage, although the car felt OK, because I qualified with a 1:59.8 but my best race lap was 2:04.1. Regardless, I had some great pack racing with Rob, Unfknblvbl, Freezer and Bacchulum. At the end, there was about 1.2 seconds between 12th and 15th, which shows what a tight finish it was.

The start of race 2 was thrown into chaos by some massive warps from StanDaam, whose car jumped backwards into Jeremy and set of a chain reaction. Apart from that game glitch, the driving at the start was good. However, later in the lap, I lost the rear, which just came slowly around in a slide that I couldn't catch, leaving Matthew111 nowhere to go and causing another accident. Dang. 2 from 2. I'll have to watch the next round.

Before we pitted, I had a great chase with Jeremy, hassling him but not able to pass. I pitted with Perch and Freezer, guessed at the fuel, and just managed to jump them out of the pits. I just scraped home with a whiff of fuel in the tank so my pit refuelling was a lucky guess.

I had an epic chase of Steve Xland to the finish, slowly gaining, but unable to pass, and finished 0.18 seconds behind him.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 10:58:00 PM »
The following people need to download version 1.1 of the PLP app from here: http://www.xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=758.0

Steve Xland
Perch
Jeremy

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 11:38:46 PM »
Qualifed down the back so race one saw me dodging the wreckage of many spins at the start.  Unfortunately a few aggressive down shifts saw me pop the engine toward the end and race over.
Race2: Had a great run with Perch who pushed me for many laps until he finally snuck through.  I hadn't given much thought to tyres so at the stop I just did fuel and that didn't work out well.  I was just inside the top 10 but with the tyres at 88% I was just doing my best to keep it on track and eventually a few slipped by. 
Think I need to do some practice for next week...!!

Rolz

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 08:41:20 AM »
Well I certainly need to buy a lotto ticket after last night!  :P

Q1 - Pretty happy with qualifying, got about 2-3 PB's in a row, but when you're qualifying against ppl that are giving the RSR WR a nudge you know you're in good company.  :)

R1 - Good start, eyes open, tuck elbows in and hope to get through the first few corners... heard the mayhem on TS for stuff behind, watched Wally and Jeremy spin away in front of me and slid in the 3rd... stoked... then got passed and dropped to 6th again... was just trying to put in consistent laps and saw Krahl come off, then a few seconds later watched Bird and Christopheraser come off too... slid into 3rd and put in a PB on the last lap to finish pretty chuffed.  :P

R2 - Good start again, had to do some more creative manoeuvring around the spins etc - PLP was nice to me as I slowed down and came back on track without being pinged. Pitted early, I think this was a mistake as I almost ran out of fuel... Fortunately I was watching it and when Matt passed me I saw (guessed) Wally/Steve were a bit back so I slowed right down to save fuel... got into the last lap and brought the lap/fuel ratio back up so I could then push a good pace to the finish...

Pits was cool... going into pits early dropped me to 16th coming out of pits and then watching (hoping) positions come back along the race was cool to watch...

These cars definitely are more sensitive to the bumping rubbing compared to the Season 6 cars.

;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 09:21:53 AM »
I was in Tassie and unfrotunatly had a flight back meant to land at 6.30 in Melbourne but had some delays and didnt land til after 8, living over an hour away from the airport I couldnt make it.

Reaults look like some interesting racing so I look forward to the next rounds.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 10:29:25 AM »
Tough night for team StanDaam...
Had a lonely race 1 after it settled down, couldn't catch Mathew's pace, came home in 2nd (didn't notice any lag issues in this race).
Race 2... well... massive lag at the start, not sure if it was my machine or ISP. I just changed GFX card recently (had a theory that Heli corsa was causing it towards the end of the race but sounds far fetched). Still to be investigated, sorry for screwing a lot of peoples race, depressing... :(

Offline steve_xland

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 10:39:10 AM »
Thank you to Wally for the call up to come & race.
I hadn't out any laps in at all here for a while so as soon as I got home from work  I jumped online & tried to get a fairly decent setup.

Qual - Went fairly well & out myself on the 3rd row.
Race 1 - Made an average start but was able to stick it in there fairly well.
Somwehere I lost a place or two & so was trying top claw back lost positions. I had made it on to the back of Bafs and although being faster in some places I wasn't able to pass. Was a very tight race & most enjoyable.

Race 2 - I made a great start & found myself in 3rd, right behind Bafs again. This time however I think Bafs had to back off mid corner to avoid the car in front & I tagged his rear end, spinning him around.  I stopped & waited for him to pass me & by then we were well down the order - Sorry Again Bafs, we were both looking good at that early stage.
Rejoined in 17th and had to claw my way back through the pack. By the mid way point came around I was in 8th & closing in on a tightly fighting pack of cars. It was lap 7 so I made the decision to pit earlier to see if I could leapfrog them & make up positions.  It worked and I had made up 3 places in the process. As the race wore on, Wally was slowly gaining on me and he caught up on the final lap. I Drove safe & covered my lines fairly and was lucky to be handed another position by someone spinning on the final lap. Ended 4th & very happy with that.

I actually Did leave the server in practice to install the V1.1 PLP app so I am unaware as to why it didn't run. I have reinstalled again and will try it online tonight.
"that;s what she actually looks like!" - Pablo Picasso

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2015, 11:17:55 AM »
(had a theory that Heli corsa was causing it towards the end of the race but sounds far fetched).

Were you just lagging on your game freezing up completely for a couple of seconds? If the latter then it can be Helicorsa as I had that issue for weeks before figuring out what was causing it.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2015, 11:20:45 AM »
Steve, I suppose you've enabled the app in the AC launcher as well as selected it from the edge app menu on track?

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2015, 12:43:56 PM »
(had a theory that Heli corsa was causing it towards the end of the race but sounds far fetched).

Were you just lagging on your game freezing up completely for a couple of seconds? If the latter then it can be Helicorsa as I had that issue for weeks before figuring out what was causing it.
The game remained fine, but everyone else was jumping so probably not Hela's fault...  :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal