Xtreme Gaming Network

S19R4: Nurburgring Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S19R4: Nurburgring Post-Race Chat  (Read 9252 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S19R4: Nurburgring Post-Race Chat
« on: November 07, 2017, 10:00:53 PM »
RACE RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS

Penalties: None. On the last corner of lap 1, when I was hit by Kcender, he was trying to make a move on the inside, but there wasn't much overlap at impact, with him hitting my right rear corner. But I could have left more room, so that's a racing incident.

Round Points
GT3
Phil.8   25
killagorilla   18
RussG   15
Shayne   12
Joe   10
DC   8
Freezer   7
Jeremy   5
rexology   2
Dave O   1
Rob   0.5
Hotdog   0.5
Aaron Thomas   0
Gratulin   0

LMP1
Matthew111   26
Mael   18
Diehard   15
Kcender87   12
buellersdayoff   10
Wally   8
Bacchulum   0
Seanus   0
JamieP   0

Congratulations to Phil and Matthew on their class wins.

Season Podium
GT3
1. killagorilla, 70
2. DC, 52
3. Phil.8, 40.5

With Phil's good showing at Nurburgring, he has jumped up from 8th to 3rd in the GT3 standings.
RussG also had a good points haul, jumping from 12th to 8th, after improving 7 places from his qualifying position with a steady climb through the field.

LMP1
1. Matthew111, 66
2. Grat, 63
3. Kcender87, 53

Matthew jumps from 3rd place to 1st after his round win in the LMP1 class, in his 200th race.
Buellersdayoff also had a good round, jumping from 11th to 9th in the LMP1 standings.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 10:41:28 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: S19R4: Nurburgring Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 10:09:34 PM »
Was really good close racing for the most part. Had DC all over me at the start; with that pressure I made a few mistakes and he got by. After that had Shayne and Russ close behind me for the first half of the race. Russ got by Shayne and pitted just after half way through.

I did one more lap and pitted to try and avoid the undercut and DC pitted in front of me. We started to come out of the pits side by side but I could see multiple cars coming down the straight and knew that could end in disaster so eased off and tucked in behind DC to keep the inside into T1. Around T1 was an LMP and Freezer who I didn't expect to see. Shayne had pitted at the same time and was right behind me. Russ was somewhere further back.

Freezer and DC were having a little battle just in front of me and had a coming together with them both coming off. Couldn't really see what happened exactly but didn't look like any one car at fault.

From there I'd caught up with killagorilla and seemed to have the pace over him. I could see 2nd place in the GT3s as a potential finish but with 10 mins to go I spun off all on my own while distracted by an LMP. I hit the wall and had a red front bumper, yellow rear and cracked windscreen. I lost 2 places to Shayne and Russ and was running bout 2.5 seconds off my previous pace. Towards the end DC was catching due to my damage and I was glad to see the end of the race as with 1 more lap he'd have passed me.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 10:51:37 PM »
Not a comfortable race for me in the Audi. I was off the pace, with my best race lap being some 2.5 seconds lacking.

The start of the race was messy, with a lap 1 coming together with Kcender that saw me hit the armco, and then on lap 3 I was caught up in a slow spin of Seanus in front of me coming into the Mercedes Arena, where Seanus ended up at right angles to the track which I and Kcender couldn't avoid. After we untangled ourselves from that, I had lost quite a bit of ground, losing roughly 15 seconds.

The front of the car was a little damaged, so I decided to pit earlier than I had planned for repairs, once I started catching up to the GT3s. The extra repair time put me even further back, probably another 15 seconds. Instead of softs as planned, I put on mediums to last the rest of the race distance. By the end of the race, I had flatspotted at least one tyre and had to put up with the vibration. I was lapped by Matthew and Mael :(

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 10:58:39 PM »
So I managed to grab pole for the GT3's in the dying lap of qualifying and got away in the race with Phil and Killa behind.
We stayed this way until around lap 12 Phil peeled off then on 14 I did also.  Unfortunately I overshot my pit bay by around two feet and had to reverse.
This meant when I came out I was immediately in front of Phil but with cold tyres I couldn't put up much of a fight and he went by.  From there I climbed up to Killa who Phil had managed to pass however I could not.
I was probably marginally faster but not enough to make a move stick.  A handful of laps later I had DC on my tail.  Sadly for the second week in a row we had contact.  I ran a bit high on entry into the final corner before the back straight and DC made a dive up the inside but hit my rear right spinning us both.  From there I followed him home not really able to improve any further.
That make 3 out of 4 races this season being stuffed by contacts (:

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 11:46:24 PM »
That make 3 out of 4 races this season being stuffed by contacts (:

Keep on using your bad luck during this season, I expect only good luck next season.  ;D

The Toyota was certainly the fastest car, especially on softs. Lost a bit of time to Matthew and Diehard during the opening phase after mechanical difficulties (Windows did an upgrade in the background) but managed to quickly catch up. Matthew's medium tires were a bit slow. Tried the undercut but poor driving after my pitstop cost me any chance of a win. Nice work Matthew.

My day was made when I lapped Wally  :P
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 11:48:53 PM by Mael »

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 12:09:28 AM »
Congrats to Phil and Matthew for their wins.
My start was good following Freezer and Phil closely. Probably could have gone a bit faster at times, but there wasn't enough excess speed to seriously think about overtaking. I went into the pits last and came out in front of Phil and Freezer. Phil was too close so I had no chance preventing him from passing me with my cold tires. Then, shortly after that, Freezer showed up pretty big in my rear view mirrors...sorry Freezer for going a bit defense line there...it was difficult keeping you behind there on my first lap out.
It was a tricky situation seeing DC and Joe coming out of the pits together...thought, far too many cars there in turn one. Happy we all made it though. There was slight contact with DC, but no damage I think.
Not too long after Freezer and DC went off Joe was closing in and putting pressure on me...yeah, so lots of action...was great racing, thanks everyone.
 :)

Offline DC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 07:05:31 AM »
Congrats to Phil this round, absolutely flying to take the win in the GT3's !!

Thanks to the LMP1's, all clean passes on me, and it's clearly a tight track compared with last week.

Beginning of the race had a lucky pass on Joe when he unfortunately spun (probably cold rubber).

I couldn't believe it when Freezer and myself came together for the second week in a row dropping us both down the order !!!

The racing was incredibly close between Freezer, Joe, Killa and myself and considering how fast Freezer was around 90% of the track, my only opportunity was to pass in one section of the track where I had pace, he finally made a mistake and opened the door, I went up the inside and looked clean to me but please tell me if that wasn't the case from your perspective Freezer ?

By the way Freezer you have the coolest Skin on the grid IMO I've been looking at pretty closely for the last 2 races !! :)   

I really look forward to the next race.

DC.   

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 07:30:24 AM »
My day was made when I lapped Wally  :P
Bastard! :D

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 01:07:42 PM »
That was an intense night. The GT field seemed to all get through the start without an issue.

I had RussG behind me at the start and we ended up battling for most of the race. There were moments when others like Joe and Killa were in range for me to try a risky overtake but thought better of it.  I wasn't really thinking about pit strategy but after having Russ sitting under a second behind me for most of the first stint and then him being able to overtake me. I started thinking of a strategy to get that position back.

I only fueled for half the race (a bit extra actually) I wanted to see RussG go into the pits before me so I could get back ahead of him as he would be on a slower lap with the cold tyres. RussG pitted on the lap which I was initially going to pit on, I looked at my ptracker and I had 1.2 laps of fuel left, so I pushed for another lap. Turns out that lap also had a couple GT3's just ahead of me take their stop when I did, Joe being one of them. We came out of the pits and it looked like about 5 cars were trying to take T1 all together, I was on the tail end of this, and the strategy worked. I was ahead of RussG by a couple seconds, but that disappeared quickly as the large grouping of cars slowed us all down a little bit and once again, I had RussG on my rear.

A couple crashed ahead allowed Russ and I to gain some positions and I was looking forward to getting a podium but with a couple laps to go. I wasn't paying attention to the road (watching an lmp1 car zoom passon the front straight) and completely missed T1. I had to turn and overshoot the corner to avoid killa ahead of me as I wasn't going to stop, which let RussG take an easy position and get a podium finish.

Nice racing guys, I was buggered by the end of that one. Nice pressure RussG, I was watching you most of the race and you did well to keep it together and patiently wait for the opportunities to arise, which in the end worked out well for you :D

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 05:04:29 PM »
Great way to celebrate my 200th i suppose lol toyota was great around here it loves the turns! Did more work on the soft tyre and the car has improved but still sketchy as the tyres got a few laps on them, decided to start on the meds since the pace was good enough on them and i knew the car was safe and flexible on the meds no need to take risks. First stint was trouble free i managed to get a gap on the field that i was happy with while negotiating the traffic allowing me not to take risks, i noticed meal start to close in on the soft tyre towards the end of my stint and thought about pitting when he did but wasnt confident enough on the softs so waited until the 20min to go mark and put the softs on and lucky i did because my cars tyres were shot towards the end of the race as it were and there wasnt much more pace to be had from it by the end, which was a bit of a worry as i kept catching the lapped cars in the worst spots making my 6 sec gap to mael disappear with a few laps to go and the the effect on the tyres going offline and slowing down was horrible it kinda made the car feel like it was on ice as the pressures would drop so there were a few challenges by the end of the race but it was all good :)
do you even motorsports?

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2017, 05:06:03 PM »
where was grat bit of a shame
do you even motorsports?

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2017, 05:23:32 PM »
Hopefully I've discovered the cause of my stuttering issues.
One of the many, many features of Content Manager that I didn't know about was auto save.
It has been saving my practice session, and because I join early, that's around 1h30m
I'm hoping that it's the size of the file that's been interfering with it trying to capture the replay for qually and the race, causing the stuttering.
I guess I'll only find out next Tuesday.

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2017, 06:46:08 PM »
where was grat bit of a shame
Travelling, away.

Hopefully I've discovered the cause of my stuttering issues.
One of the many, many features of Content Manager that I didn't know about was auto save.
It has been saving my practice session, and because I join early, that's around 1h30m
I'm hoping that it's the size of the file that's been interfering with it trying to capture the replay for qually and the race, causing the stuttering.
I guess I'll only find out next Tuesday.
That could be the cause, especially if you don't have an SSD.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2017, 08:50:05 PM »
Happy to qualify 3rd and run with the front runners for a short while, but my own inconsistency caused me to drop off the pointy end pretty quickly and with that inconsistency I hope I didn't cause any problems with the GT3 guys. Although lapping by myself mostly it was still a very enjoyable race trying to find a safe way to pass the GT3 cars.
See you guys in a fortnight

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2017, 10:08:09 PM »
I couldn't believe it when Freezer and myself came together for the second week in a row dropping us both down the order !!!

The racing was incredibly close between Freezer, Joe, Killa and myself and considering how fast Freezer was around 90% of the track, my only opportunity was to pass in one section of the track where I had pace, he finally made a mistake and opened the door, I went up the inside and looked clean to me but please tell me if that wasn't the case from your perspective Freezer ?

By the way Freezer you have the coolest Skin on the grid IMO I've been looking at pretty closely for the last 2 races !! :)   

Tough one.  At first I thought WTF......!!  Then I watched the replay a few times and I did run a bit high on entry and then straightened out the exit, but in that moment you were there . . . so hard to say!
As for the skin . . my homage to Skaife . . . those where the days!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal