Xtreme Gaming Network

S241R1 - Bridgehampton Race Chat

Author Topic: S241R1 - Bridgehampton Race Chat  (Read 20533 times)

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S241R1 - Bridgehampton Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2018, 09:33:10 AM »
Q. In the top 10. Set my best lap following Freezer and get a good run out of the last turn, slip streamed and tried two wide into turn one (hoping I might get let through) but of course didn't end well, sorry Freezer.
R1. Absolute shocker, jump start, missed pit box on drive through (you have to stop right?). Got back out on track and had a heap of mistakes pushing too hard. Ran out of fuel. Finished last.
R2. From last to fourth, although mostly from others mishaps I had a great race with everyone Able, Rob, Killa, to name a few, very good fun thanks guys
I'm pretty sure it's only a drive through penalty.
I think Wally's correct.
If you stop it's taking as a pit stop and not the penalty.
Penalty was removed even with the stop but good to know I don't have to next time, was a complete crapper that race lol

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2018, 10:39:11 AM »
If you missed your pit box it doesn't count as pit stop, so that was the fortunate bit. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2018, 11:31:42 AM »
Rito thanks, I did reverse back to the pit box though
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2018, 11:40:01 AM »
Rito thanks, I did reverse back to the pit box though
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Did the pit crew do anything? ???
I know I've made that mistake but I had a stop preset so they changed tyres, when I left the penalty was hadn't cleared. :(

2+2=√16

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2018, 12:17:58 PM »
Well that's it then, I didn't have any pit strategies set

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2018, 12:41:22 PM »
yes doobs,something happened there i noticed my ping reached 180 and i hit someone as well but when i landed back from heaven it was all good......i have to say the fault was on my side cause my internet is crapparola and i forgot to turn wifi off so the kids could not use the wifi leaving me with ....some space  lol    sorry Doobs!!!! 

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2018, 01:27:12 PM »
yes doobs,something happened there i noticed my ping reached 180 and i hit someone as well but when i landed back from heaven it was all good......i have to say the fault was on my side cause my internet is crapparola and i forgot to turn wifi off so the kids could not use the wifi leaving me with ....some space  lol    sorry Doobs!!!!

No worries mate, It's gotta be Telstra's fault....or NBN.  :)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2018, 02:49:24 PM »
I'm not sure it was just you Simone.
There was about 3-5 seconds where I thought I'd disco'd but it all came back good. :-\

2+2=√16

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2018, 03:38:18 PM »
I never posted my new monitors but maybe they helped me in some way this week.  8)

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2018, 03:43:59 PM »
I never posted my new monitors but maybe they helped me in some way this week.  8)

Cool, what did you get? slim bezels

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2018, 04:11:16 PM »

They're these: https://www.pccasegear.com/products/37083/viewsonic-va2719-sh-fhd-27in-ips-monitor

Nothing special. I actually needed monitors for the new home office, so convinced the wife it made more sense to upgrade the sim monitors and use the old ones for the office  ;D

I just wanted 27" with a slimmer bezel. My old ones were 15mm per monitor. They're not lined up perfectly but I spent 3 hours doing it and I'd had enough. The side ones are slightly further forward with the bezels overlapping a little and very slightly higher, so things don't line up 100% in game but it's not really noticeable once playing.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2018, 04:25:10 PM »
Nice!

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2018, 04:48:33 PM »

They're these: https://www.pccasegear.com/products/37083/viewsonic-va2719-sh-fhd-27in-ips-monitor

Nothing special. I actually needed monitors for the new home office, so convinced the wife it made more sense to upgrade the sim monitors and use the old ones for the office  ;D

I just wanted 27" with a slimmer bezel. My old ones were 15mm per monitor. They're not lined up perfectly but I spent 3 hours doing it and I'd had enough. The side ones are slightly further forward with the bezels overlapping a little and very slightly higher, so things don't line up 100% in game but it's not really noticeable once playing.
Good price for 27inch ips, did you set the over drive setting to lower the pixel response time, only asking because my brother was looking at a viewsonic and 5ms response time was not default. Also not suggesting you need it but this video looked good for triple set ups. Would like to do triples one day...very cool

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2018, 04:53:35 PM »
Good price for 27inch ips, did you set the over drive setting to lower the pixel response time, only asking because my brother was looking at a viewsonic and 5ms response time was not default. Also not suggesting you need it but this video looked good for triple set ups. Would like to do triples one day...very cool

I haven't looked at the overdrive setting but I'll see if I can find it.

Offline Ablearcher83

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2018, 06:00:12 PM »
Thanks Wally!
Another well orchestrated evening.

First off I'll start with my Mea Cuppa, to Simone and Russ for first lap indiscretions. My reply only starts at lap 2 for some reason so haven't look at the video.
Race 2
AbleArcher locked up under brakes and ran wide from the inside of the corner, pushing Simone off track, and shortly after squeezed Russ off track – 15 kg penalty for the next round

Q I found my self in 10 position only to be knocked out by Wally, but finally found a 1:39:793' to put him back out of the top ten. I wonder if that had anything to do with the 15kg? ;D

P1 I followed @buellersdayoff jump start and had the same question about pit drvie thru penaltys. But got back to it with me chasing bueller till he spun @arents. After that I got on after Keith and Simone who were having a good tussell. That let me close in till they out raced each other into Colaseante turn. For the second half of the race I was after @Rob I just couldn't quite catch him till the last lap and stuck it up the inside @ the hairpin. I pick up one last place as @seanus ran out of fuel and was coasting for home. Apart from the jump start I started tenth and finished tenth.

P2 was better apart from the earlier mentioned incidents.  Best part of the race was the three wide down the straight with @Rob and @Doobs and wondering who would blink, sainity prevailed and we all made it thru. The next few laps, well the rest of the race I was chasing @Killa and being chased by Bueller. I over cooked it to the Hair pin I think I was distracted by @AB little excusion off the track and then Bueller was thru. I then spent 5 laps watchin Bueller and Killa go @ it, I was waiting for a mistake but no came that would help me. All the while @RussG had caught up and was filling the mirrors till I lock up going into cola which RussG did the next lap and handed the place back.

Not a bad night racing over all. If any one has the first couple of laps on video I would like to see what I did.

Cheers
Intoxicated by the exubrance of my own verlocity

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal