Xtreme Gaming Network

S26R1 - car dealer updated

Author Topic: S26R1 - car dealer updated  (Read 10994 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S26R1 - car dealer updated
« on: January 23, 2019, 07:31:45 PM »
I've uploaded the results into the Car Dealer. You've returned your car, and are back in the Boxster by default. You've earned some money (unless you won the round), and paid your damage fees.

You can see that the lower placed drivers will creep up the car list, not shoot right to the top.

You can check your bank statement to see what's happened to your money.

If you see any problems, or have any questions, fire away!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: S26R1 - car dealer updated
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 08:14:37 PM »
Awesome, I've only got $66 damage fee.  I thought it'll be worse...so I guess wall hits don't really count?

Just a reminder the dealer is here: https://xgnsimracing.com.au/car-dealer

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 08:19:52 PM »
Awesome, I've only got $66 damage fee.  I thought it'll be worse...so I guess wall hits don't really count?

No, wall hits don't count. It's mainly to discourage you from hitting another car only.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 08:25:32 PM »
I just re-did the results upload, as I realised some people didn't get bank account transactions recorded.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 08:27:42 PM »
The damage fee is round about a max of $300 for a really banged up car (but it could be more).

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 10:48:02 PM »

No, wall hits don't count. It's mainly to discourage you from hitting another car only.
I hope it works in future ...
I didn't hit anyone, they hit me and my bill is $324  :o
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 07:24:06 AM »

In the server logs and clearly visible in the replays, you had 3 contacts in both races 1 and 3, including one that pushed you into the wall at T1. Human memory is a fallible thing :) You can always see your contacts in the race results.

P.S. It's $234, not $324.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 07:26:21 AM by Wally »

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 11:24:23 AM »

Maybe file an insurance claim against the offending party? Wally can deduct the amount from their account  ;D

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 09:50:12 PM »

In the server logs and clearly visible in the replays, you had 3 contacts in both races 1 and 3, including one that pushed you into the wall at T1. Human memory is a fallible thing :) You can always see your contacts in the race results.

Now lets recap - your comment was that it is to discourage "you" from hitting another car ..  ::)
I didn't say there wasn't contact ....
I said "I didn't hit anyone, they hit me" (this isn't a complaint either) ...  :P This is why I say "I hope it works in the future" ... you know, so other people don't hit me ...
** sigh ** I hope I have explained it clearly enough now  :P :P

You are correct in the damage bill - just my dyslexia kicking in there  ;D ;D

Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 11:57:13 PM »
I guess it's a similar system to iRaping's - you have a contact, you suffer for it.   
It works on the long run, averages out, so if you're usually clean & careful, you'll be fine.  I know I'm not really that, but whatever :D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2019, 07:35:46 AM »

Now lets recap - your comment was that it is to discourage "you" from hitting another car ..  ::)
I didn't say there wasn't contact ....
I said "I didn't hit anyone, they hit me" (this isn't a complaint either) ...  :P This is why I say "I hope it works in the future" ... you know, so other people don't hit me ...
** sigh ** I hope I have explained it clearly enough now  :P :P

You are correct in the damage bill - just my dyslexia kicking in there  ;D ;D
Right, gotcha. Unfortunately, as has always been the case, the server can't tell who hit who. It only knows there was contact between two cars. Both cars in a collision will accrue some damage bill.

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2019, 03:24:16 PM »
I think I'm signed up twice?

I signed in on another computer and everything got reset. I cannot afford a decent car!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 03:33:06 PM by GzeroD »
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2019, 04:23:18 PM »

I signed in on another computer and everything got reset. I cannot afford a decent car!
I just noticed that. I'll investigate what happened. Don't worry, you'll get your cash :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2019, 04:29:09 PM »

When you logged on on the other computer, did it say you weren't signed up for the season, and did you sign up for the season again?

Edit: I cleaned your data up so you should have one entry again... but I've yet to find out how that happened  :o
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 04:38:35 PM by Wally »

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2019, 05:36:42 PM »

When you logged on on the other computer, did it say you weren't signed up for the season, and did you sign up for the season again?

Edit: I cleaned your data up so you should have one entry again... but I've yet to find out how that happened  :o

Yes, yes and thanks.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal