Xtreme Gaming Network

S7R7: Mugello Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S7R7: Mugello Post-Race Chat  (Read 17279 times)

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
Re: S7R7: Mugello Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2015, 11:22:10 AM »
Top night of the racings for me, mucho enjoyed.
Race 1, close and consistent was the order of the day. Matthew out front, me holding onto 2nd and Marty hunting me down. Another lap or 2 and he would've got me on the straight but it was not to be!!  ;D
Race 2, I got the trifecta in Race 2!!! I got Hunter, Hunted and Busiest. At the end of the race, I realized I didn't even look at my tire wear the whole race, so focused on the racing around me.
As Marty said, Matthew pulled off some great passes and he thoroughly deserved the win in both races. I forced him to take the outside into turn 1 and he did so and got the pass done. Then he repeated the manoeuvre with Freezer for 1st spot which was great to watch as Freezer dived at him under brakes, good stuff. Then I was left to battle with Freezer for 2nd spot, I had one chance at turn 1 to pass him, but I went a bit too deep and had to abort.
Very entertaining nights racing   :P

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2015, 11:24:37 AM »
Race 1.
Race was going great and all according to plan until Lap1 T1 when I was taken out with too much damage to carry on.

Sorry, I had no race 1 replay because of a game lockup.

No problem Wally, I wasn't complaining, not looking for blame, that's just motor racing (real or sim).

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2015, 12:02:06 PM »
I realized I didn't even look at my tire wear the whole race

Is this worth doing? I hear you guys sometimes talking about tyre temps or wear over teamspeak, but I don't have any app enabled to give me this, or know what I'm really looking for.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2015, 12:24:22 PM »

Is this worth doing? I hear you guys sometimes talking about tyre temps or wear over teamspeak, but I don't have any app enabled to give me this, or know what I'm really looking for.

The tyre wear doesnt do much for you as you can feel the grip go away. It can just reconfirm this but it can be usefull for practice to see when and if they fall off the cliff to choose strategy.

The tyre temps and live pressures are very handy when setting up the car. Its all good info but in a proper battle all I was really checking was what lap I was on how much fuel I had and how much I will need to finish the race. A quick glance at tyre temps and wear when I was running out of pace. But also seeing how the tyre wear went over a dew laps I knew others around me would get it the same number of laps after they pitted.

I use dashmeter pro on my phone mounted above my wheel. This has most of the info I need, it actually has a bit too much atm as I played around with the setup.

Its a payed app for around $10 though, very handy with shift lights, gear indicator, lap times, lap number, tyre wear/temps/pressure, fuel use/remaining/per lap, delta time all easily seen.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2015, 12:47:57 PM »
Yeah I think they can be important, but they weren't too important for me at Mugello. This was because I didn't have a huge amount of choice in the stints, it was basically close to the middle of the race for the pit because of the fuel needed. But if I was doing a short stint then a long stint on a track that wears the tyres heavily, then it's good to know when they are down to say 95 wear so that you can adjust you're braking points and corner speed to compensate for the lower grip levels.  :P

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2015, 02:11:25 PM »
Race 1: had a good start but ended up hitting a warping car in turn 1. When I rejoined, I stupidly collected Rob since there was nothing visible in my mirrors. Sorry about that.

Race 2: Had another good start and ran out of talent no lap 1. I spent the majority of the race swapping positions with imperious and it seemed neither of us wanted to be in front when we repeatedly ran wide and allowed the other through.

I'll be happy to see the back of these cars as I have not come to grips with either of them at all and the limited setup options means we have to drive around the "characteristics" of the cars. Looking forward to getting something I can setup to my liking a little more. That being said, it's still a good way to spend a Tuesday night.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2015, 02:31:05 PM »

I use mini apps HUD (or dash). It's got a lot of info on it.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2015, 04:22:13 PM »
Sorry Joe for the race one shunt. :(
I was just thinking too slow and reacting slower. :-[
I was like that the whole race so I knew I'd only be trouble in race two, hence the withdrawal. :(

2+2=√16

Offline Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2015, 05:08:25 PM »
Race 1

Started off well gaining a few positions then started to settle into a nice grove letting the people in front battle it out waiting to pounce on any mistakes. I was keeping wally in check for the most part until a late move sent me off the track and lost seconds to the leading pack which killed any chance of an attack. ( Its all good wally it we all make mistakes from time to time )

Race 2

Was cautious at the start knowing the reverse grid always throws something up on the opening lap but turns out i was a little to cautious and allowed stan to sneak up on the inside. Following the train for a few laps it was good fun! nice close pressure racing, I wasn't as confident with the car the longer the race went on and lost a place to matthew. Pit stops came around, Stan and Matthew ducked into the pits and I followed. They had a second or two lead as we all entered and that proved crucial as on exit I was overtaken by 2 cars. While those two skipped away I was deep in battle mode with marty the car got better and better and ended up doing a 46.0 which surprised me for the last few laps i was glued to marty's rear bumper but couldnt pass it was great racing even though I couldnt get the extra spot.

Finally I had a semi-decent weekend!! no weird accidents or glitches this time which has plagued my season hopefully I can end the season strong and have some sort of an impact on this championship.

Offline imperious

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2015, 06:28:26 PM »
For some reason this series didn't inspire me to try very much, and as a result was well down the order.
I think it's just that massively overpowered cars don't interest me too much.

After my 2nd off in race 2 last night I left and played Dirt Rally for an hour or so.

Looks lile next season will have a bit less speed and grip, so I'll keep an eye out for the announcement.
Thanks for the season Wally.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2015, 07:35:02 PM »
Sorry i was a mute last night my sister tampered with the mic lol

race1: Nailed a neat lap for pole and led into t1and had stan and marty behind me with good pace and just like mid america it was a good fast pressure race between us all the way to the line.

race2: Got a nice clean start and slotted in behind stan, marty and jeremy which was a cool little battle, a few times i thought i could get stan down the main straight with the ferraris hax v12 power but i couldnt get a good run out of the last turn and by the time i got to t1 it was all looking a bit messy so i sat back until marty and jeremy rubbed panels and then i managed to sneak past marty with stan but not jeremy. So i battled it out with jeremy going side by side down the front straight twice, the second time going my way so then i set sights on stan who built up a little gap. I soon caught up to him and then v12 hax power prevailed once again lol giving me a good run on the outside of t1 to take 2nd. I then started chipping away at freezers lead getting it down to 2 secs before the pitsops but after the stops i was right on his tail until that magic front straight again lol freezer managed a good dive into t1 to try and get me back but a little over and under move sealed the lead for me and from there i tried to get the gap out and manage the lead for a win :)

Good racing all round last night was good fun!
do you even motorsports?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal