Xtreme Gaming Network

S33R4 - Vallelunga

Author Topic: S33R4 - Vallelunga  (Read 10313 times)

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S33R4 - Vallelunga
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2020, 04:16:00 PM »
Results are in the 1st post. Congratulations to Mael on the round win. It's getting very tight at the top of the ladder, with only 8 points separating the top 5.

The top 3 drivers who are performing better than average this season are ab156, buellersdayoff and Phil.8.
Any ideas what's causing the shuts downs? Most likely a over temp or over current shut down, if temps for cpu, vrm and gpu are ok then look at the power supply. If psu is getting old and causing the over current protection shut down then try reducing gpu power limit (for testing purposes) right down in afterburner and retest, if it runs with reduced power consider a new psu. Hope you get it sorted without too much trouble.
After having shutdown problems with 2 new PCs I have built recently, both were fixed by dropping back the CPU overclock.
Was it your new 9700k system? I think Wally said he wasn't getting too many errors in event viewer which makes it sound like temp or current protection. If you're getting whea correctable in event viewer it's most likely an unstable oc, passing stress tests you probably won't get whea's. It could be oc too though if the cpu is drawing too much power for the vrm protection settings in bios or psu is on its way out
Yes one system was the 9700k, from memory the only error that was recorded was  something like a "critical voltage error" . I really had no clue as to what was the likely cause for quite some time and just decided to reduce the OC and both the systems have given no more trouble :).
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2020, 04:49:12 PM »
Results are in the 1st post. Congratulations to Mael on the round win. It's getting very tight at the top of the ladder, with only 8 points separating the top 5.

The top 3 drivers who are performing better than average this season are ab156, buellersdayoff and Phil.8.
Any ideas what's causing the shuts downs? Most likely a over temp or over current shut down, if temps for cpu, vrm and gpu are ok then look at the power supply. If psu is getting old and causing the over current protection shut down then try reducing gpu power limit (for testing purposes) right down in afterburner and retest, if it runs with reduced power consider a new psu. Hope you get it sorted without too much trouble.
I just wiggle the connectors on the mobo, ram, sata plugs, and it comes good. I've get a new mobo and CPU to install soon anyway, which should get rid of some of these gremlins.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2020, 07:08:50 PM »
Shouldn't Mael have 25 Ballast also ? or does season standing when a tie go off a count back of something ?

I dont mind if not, just wondering really
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2020, 11:01:24 PM »
Shouldn't Mael have 25 Ballast also ? or does season standing when a tie go off a count back of something ?

I dont mind if not, just wondering really
Yeah, it's a count back. You've had more wins than Mael.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2020, 11:29:33 PM »
yay
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2020, 08:01:17 AM »
yay
Hey don't complain, you're leading the comp :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2020, 12:11:36 PM »
I vote they both get 25kg? Who's with me?

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2020, 12:13:33 PM »
To me Vallelunga will always be the place where Gratulin came inside Wally. I remember the corner where he said it as I was behind them, and I haven't been able to take that corner since without hearing Gratulin's voice in my head saying 'Sorry I didn't mean to come inside you Wally'... every single lap...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2020, 01:24:48 PM »
 ;D

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2020, 03:04:05 PM »
 8)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2020, 06:36:58 PM »
Good night for me, mainly as result of three very good starts the best being the first start before Wally's PC rudely decided to bail out.

Race 1 and 2 was marred by some mistakes, mainly as I felt I could not match Bueller and AB's pace. One of the mistakes were allowing Phil to get by after he used the runoff tarmac to gain extra speed. Did not make that one twice  ::)

Mael looped it in the second race (with his crazy line into Semaforo).

Yeah that corner have always bamboozled me, The line was suppose to ensure the majority of my braking was in a straight line with an early power on exit while using a bit of compression lockup to help the car turn. Not the most reliable of methods!

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2020, 07:15:34 PM »
........the majority of my braking was in a straight line with an early power on exit while using a bit of compression lockup to help the car turn......
Sounds like my style for every corner. ;)

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal