Xtreme Gaming Network

Thursday nights Next season proposal

Author Topic: Thursday nights Next season proposal  (Read 10516 times)

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
Thursday nights Next season proposal
« on: April 04, 2020, 05:14:58 PM »
Hi , Was chatting with Phil and he suggested i post to see how you guys think about this for our next set of cars.
Theme is Track day.
So only street cars which will be balanced up using restrictor settings which will be specific to each track. So far been able to have all cars to within .150 of a second from each other.

So far the cars we have are
Lotus Exige 240r
Mazda rx7 spirit R
Nissan 370z Nismo
Toyota supra MKIV

If you have a favourite street car you would like to use then mention it in here and I will add it. As long as the gear ratio's are set and can't be changed and when driven by the Ai at 100 it isn't slower than 1.07.3 at Silverstone short circuit. Ideally anything that goes between 1.03 and 1.07.3 would be good. The supra is the slowest car and all other cars are balanced to match it. Which means that the supra is the quickest sometimes ever so slightly.

Settings for testing a cars speed with the Ai is 100 grip , 1pm and 20 degree air temp, clear day and no wind.

I have found a few tracks that are fun to drive and hopefully some of you haven't used before. Presuming you are happy to go with these cars.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Thursday nights Next season proposal
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 05:34:16 PM »
Good work Jarmel, I love a mixed grid :) :) :) :) 8) 8)

I have been doing some testing with the rx7 Spirit R and I really prefer it with the "street tyre " option. The other cars you tested did they have tyre options?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 05:38:10 PM by rooshooter »
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 05:46:36 PM »
Good work Jarmel, I love a mixed grid :) :) :) :) 8) 8)

I have been doing some testing with the rx7 Spirit R and I really prefer it with the "street tyre " option. The other cars you tested did they have tyre options?

I'll check now, i know they all had semi slicks but didn't look at the street tyres.

edit: Just checked they all have street tyres.
Are we able to disable setup options server side
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 06:11:08 PM by Jarmel »

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 08:46:33 PM »
I'm going to have to order more from Dan if we are doing street cars...

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 09:26:04 PM »
Or another option is the GT2 kunos cars a tour of America taking in some of the grand circuits there ? And we can hold off on the street cars for another season

The Street cars are faster than the Skippy's and more forgiving , so something faster and racier could be a good option to keep things less the same.
Just throwing out Idea's

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2020, 11:04:07 PM »
My dislike of street cars is manifold, to the extent that I probably don't have those cars installed anymore.

Dallara FX/17 too modern but also fictional and not looking like it will ever get a run on Tuesday.

The refreshed TransAm mod from Bazza could be good, although I haven't tried it yet.

nicecuppatea has done three 1923 cars.

And some blog called legion has four Voiturette class cars.

I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2020, 11:23:25 PM »
Going tin top again? http://www.xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=2042.0 I recall this season as one of my favourites with you guys.
I like the idea of trans-am too but not tried it yet. Gr.5 was a lot of fun too. Oooh ooh the byo shit-box lada....lol

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2020, 11:54:51 PM »
How about rally cross ?  I presume someone has made rally cross cars and tracks ?

Because I'm fairly new to AC  most things to me are new content so i'm happy to try almost anything, But some of the mod cars we did last winter were quite horrid to drive. (doesn't mean they were bad mods just not to my liking.)
Prefer proper racing cars that are forgiving if I lose control. Also for Thursday nights I presume we want close racing so the better the ease handling the better the racing.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 12:05:02 AM by Jarmel »

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2020, 07:23:09 AM »
My dislike of street cars is manifold, to the extent that I probably don't have those cars installed anymore.

Dallara FX/17 too modern but also fictional and not looking like it will ever get a run on Tuesday.

The refreshed TransAm mod from Bazza could be good, although I haven't tried it yet.

nicecuppatea has done three 1923 cars.

And some blog called legion has four Voiturette class cars.
1923 Sunbeam Grand Prix 1.0

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/1923-sunbeam-grand-prix.31905/

This car has received rave reviews and is 1 of 3 available for a season , something to consider  ;).

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/voisin-c6-laboratoire.29083/
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 06:10:51 PM by rooshooter »

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2020, 01:15:34 PM »
They are all good ideas and surely we can do them all at some point,  if I was you Jarmel I would focus on what you had in mind this time around,  even if itsa shgort 3  or 4 week season, then move onto the next idea.

But this is your baby, you organise what you want and I will put in on the server :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2020, 03:43:04 PM »
Quote from Wally:

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

You can please some of the people all of the time: these are the ones you need to concentrate on ;D ;D ;D ;)

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2020, 04:54:34 PM »
Or another option is the GT2 kunos cars a tour of America taking in some of the grand circuits there ? And we can hold off on the street cars for another season

The Street cars are faster than the Skippy's and more forgiving , so something faster and racier could be a good option to keep things less the same.
Just throwing out Idea's

Don't mind me, anything is good.  Great to have someone else throwing ideas around.

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2020, 04:35:17 PM »
Setups for Rooshooter

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2020, 04:55:24 PM »
Setups for Rooshooter
I like the selection :) but how do you add ballast and restrictor on single player to feel what they drive like ?

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2020, 05:34:29 PM »
How i do it, (don't know if there is a better way or not)
Using content manager , select  a race weekend , 30 mins quali , and 2 lap race and all the other settings i messaged you with.
Then i add 3 of each car as opponents, to the right the is a little icon for detailed settings ( next to the "+" icon).
Click on that and you can set ballast and restrictor for all the Ai, however on the bottom of that screen there is options to do your own car also.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 05:37:03 PM by Jarmel »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal