Xtreme Gaming Network

S12R2: Brands Hatch Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S12R2: Brands Hatch Post-Race Chat  (Read 16264 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S12R2: Brands Hatch Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2016, 11:00:44 AM »
if Stan is pulling out I will go back to Scuderia Krahl if thats possible, if not I will be a goat :)
OK, I'll change your team unless we can get Stan to change his mind.

What Marty said, Stan. Is it the Ferrari giving you the sh!ts? You can swap to the Lotus after next round.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2016, 12:16:59 PM »
if Stan is pulling out I will go back to Scuderia Krahl if thats possible, if not I will be a goat :)

You could also merge with Achilles  ;) as its pretty hard to beat those struggle street guys in a team of one while Guybrush is still away. Even if Stan stays you can both merge in.  ;D

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2016, 12:20:07 PM »
ok if stan does not come back this season I will keep my roll as fill in guy and race with your team for this season if it does not annoy wally to much the changes
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2016, 01:12:11 PM »
ok if stan does not come back this season I will keep my roll as fill in guy and race with your team for this season if it does not annoy wally to much the changes
Marty just wants you for your pedals...

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2016, 01:14:36 PM »
I completely miscalculated my pit strategy for the race and then for some reason wasn't paying attention to my fuel usage and ran out of fuel on lap 6! I was kinda bummed because even though I was well behind at the back I was enjoying the challenge of that car and track combo! Oh well. :)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2016, 01:19:40 PM »
Race one was fun, spend the first stint trying to catch Stan. The second stint Stan was just too quick for me so worked hard to stay in front of Wally who was recovering from a terrible first stint. What happened in those first few laps Wally?

Race 2 was a disaster. A bad start put me in the back and then got caught out in another persons crash mainly because I ignored the yellow flags. Decided to pit and fix my damage so in my best Red Bull interpretation I forgot to fix the damage during the pit stop. This meant another pit stop on lap 4 to fix the damage properly. From there I tried to run consistent laps to the end just for fun while staying out of the leaders way. Had a bit of fun on lap 21/22 when other cars suddenly appeared in front of me including Rob and Vipergod. I will be sending you the repair bill Vipergod  ;D

Bad results but really enjoyed the race. The car was setup with very soft suspension and was easy and forgiving to drive/slide around.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2016, 01:58:46 PM »
Looking at the results its still surprising how much pace Phil and Grat had in the second stint but seemed to struggle early in both races. I guess traffic was the issue as it was only Matthew that hung on early but lap times between the 4 of us were really not that far apart so the end result tine gaps  were quite a surprise to me.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2016, 03:20:53 PM »
Race one was fun, spend the first stint trying to catch Stan. The second stint Stan was just too quick for me so worked hard to stay in front of Wally who was recovering from a terrible first stint. What happened in those first few laps Wally?

Race 2 was a disaster. A bad start put me in the back and then got caught out in another persons crash mainly because I ignored the yellow flags. Decided to pit and fix my damage so in my best Red Bull interpretation I forgot to fix the damage during the pit stop. This meant another pit stop on lap 4 to fix the damage properly. From there I tried to run consistent laps to the end just for fun while staying out of the leaders way. Had a bit of fun on lap 21/22 when other cars suddenly appeared in front of me including Rob and Vipergod. I will be sending you the repair bill Vipergod  ;D

Bad results but really enjoyed the race. The car was setup with very soft suspension and was easy and forgiving to drive/slide around.

Probably heavy with fuel to get to lap 13, cold and slippery.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2016, 05:11:57 PM »
Race 1 and I was 1/2 sec slower than grat but 1/2 sec faster than Jeremy.
It slowly got more and more lonely.

Race 2 was pretty much the same but with Jeremy in front and Stan behind, except for the 7 positions gained on lap 1 (I'll have to watch the replay of that).
Sorry to Freezer for the hit on lap 9. :(
I'll have to check the replay but I recall you went in deep at Druids, I tried get under but you took a late apex and I ended up hitting your rear wheel.

Lonely as my races were, I thoroughly enjoyed driving the 72D around this track. 8) ;D

2+2=√16

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2016, 06:15:15 PM »
Was pretty happy with how i went considering these opening rounds arnt my strongest tracks especially driving these cars which again arnt my strong point lol. Got close to pole with a decent final lap but not to be.

Race 1: Was a great race with phil on my tail all race, i tried keeping the gap to marty but after the pitstops i lost to much time pitting in a lap earlier even lost my spot to phil but luckily the next lap i managed to get him into t2 and then just managed my p2 with the engine and gearbox going yellow lol.

Race 2: Had no pressure behind me after the race start so set out trying to match marty but then hurt the gearbox somehow lol so settled down a bit and then come the pitstops i lost more time so just settled for another p2.

Good drive marty
do you even motorsports?

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2016, 06:22:45 PM »
I accept Mael
I pressed my push to talk button to gloat to Rob which is on my left
I drifted left without realising, spun in grass went across track straight into you
bout sums up my night
only thing i found a bit strange pitted 9th came out 14th  i must be waaaayy to slow in there

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2016, 07:27:56 PM »
I accept Mael
I pressed my push to talk button to gloat to Rob which is on my left
I drifted left without realising, spun in grass went across track straight into you
bout sums up my night
only thing i found a bit strange pitted 9th came out 14th  i must be waaaayy to slow in there

Viper you seem to have lost a fair bit of time in the pit stop going by the race chart here.

You did stop at the half way point so that means the stop itself will be a bit longer adding more fuel, also are you using the pitconfig app.
http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=1234.0

Wit that you can pre set your strategy and then all you need to do is stop in your pit box with no need to click the mouse anywhere. My strategy race 2 was to run 13 laps starting with a full 120l tank then if I could make this I only needed to add 85l in the stop. If you stop earlier on lap 11 you probably added a fair bit more fuel and you also would have come out heavy vs the guys still running with a near empty tank. I tried both options in a practice run and for me going long was considerably quicker as even worn tyres were maybe only .5 per lap slower after 12 laps but a full tank was probably 1.5 seconds slower even on fresh tyres. Then add to it maybe 4 seconds or more to add more fuel net result would have been around 7 seconds slower stopping at lap 11 vs lap 13 for me.

Offline Bafs17

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2016, 07:51:02 PM »
Thought I'd have a reasonable night last night but screwed up early in both races. First race I ran wide and second race I missed a gear into the last corner and had no option but to drive straight into the gravel trap. I seemed to have a lot of trouble at the start of the race with cold tires and a heavy fuel load.

Race 1 was dominated by a cool fight against Chap and race 2 against Wally. Thanks guys. Finished lower than I wanted to but like Imola I also have a hard time at Brands Hatch. I doubt that will change  ::).

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2016, 08:42:48 PM »
cheers Wally

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2016, 11:36:42 PM »
For some reason I thought last night was only 1 race. Wow I was clearly not thinking particularly well last night!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal