Xtreme Gaming Network

Fun run Mar 7: Supercars at Spa

Author Topic: Fun run Mar 7: Supercars at Spa  (Read 31259 times)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Fun run Mar 7: Supercars at Spa
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 03:48:59 PM »
please don't add any more porsche, they are disgusting to drive and about0.5 out of 10 in fun
Hey Phil, have you spoken to anyone about your Porsche issues . . :) :) :)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 04:21:35 PM »
lol, maybe I need to drive them more to rid my fears
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline UnFknBLievable

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 04:36:25 PM »
Shameless and I have been comparing a lot of different cars over a long time. We usually test on Nords due to the vast variety of corners, straights, climbs and slopes. You will find our theme is Old vs New and surprisingly, these have been the best matches. The old (Lotus 49, Cobra and yellowbird) are fast, loose and driving style is suited for those that like it raw. The New (Mclaren 650S, BMW and the SLS) offer better handling, later braking and tighter cornering.
Lotus 49 to the McLaren 650S
RUF Yellowbird vs Mercedes SLS
Cobra vs BMW M3 E92 Step 1

These matches, we think, will be worth a try in a full race environment.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2017, 06:24:45 PM »
There's 7 cars to choose from across different makes. That's already quite a variety. It's not about finding the fastest time a car is capable of, it's about sticking a bunch of different people in the cars, that represent the kind of mix of people you get in a league (which is what the RSR times give a good indication of) and seeing in the whole mixed grid of cars and capabilities, which cars are on average competitive with each other. It's not about world record alien times or capabilities; only about 10% of the league is "alien class". As I've said many times before.

Its why I suggested the Lambo (its a different car brand and its not the same as 50% of the rest which are Porsches  ;D) as its very close to the others, 488 probably too quick looking at RSR times so not likely worth bothering with it. My initial tests the ruf isnt that much faster around a lap, it is the fastest but also likely the trickiest car as it handles a bit like a pig. At other tracks in older builds the Ruf was 1 to 2 seconds per lap faster then all the other supercars but its not quite as far ahead at this track at least from my first few tests.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2017, 06:29:43 PM »
Sorry i havent been on lately my graphics card died, im looking to get one some time next week hopefully some new cards hitting the market drop the prices of the current cards
do you even motorsports?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2017, 06:32:37 PM »
Sorry i havent been on lately my graphics card died, im looking to get one some time next week hopefully some new cards hitting the market drop the prices of the current cards

I just saw the 1080ti has been anounced and the 1080 cards have been cut $100USD, AMD is also due to release some new GPU's soon so its likely all current cards will get more of a price drop in the next month or so.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2017, 07:46:41 PM »
Cool thats what im playing on right now hehe :)
do you even motorsports?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2017, 08:19:27 AM »
Had a few in last night with some fun racing, the ruf and gt3 rs are clearly ahead of the field here shame there is no Lambo as its too fast but all laps I checked vs the gt3rs on rsr its slower then it.  ;) There really arent that many laps on rsr on the main official tracks in most of these cars though which makes it not the best and way to decide how they actually compare and only use that data.

In terms of racing as long as the fastest guys dont pick the 2 fastest cars then racing should be fun in a varied field. If all the fast guys take a ruf or gt3rs then only people in those cars will be able to challenge them. The rest of the field seems really evenly matched now though the lambo would have fit in nicely just below the top 2 cars.

If there is a clear top dog though it will mean if these are the cars for the next season more then half the field will be in a gt3 rs I think. The ruf is faster but its a bit tricky to drive so not likely to be favoured by that many.

http://52.65.162.16:50041/lapstat?currservers=XGN%20Tuesdays

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2017, 09:15:04 AM »
Just based on the fun races I had last night this choice will be getting my vote. The GT3 RS is awesome.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2017, 10:24:23 AM »
There really arent that many laps on rsr on the main official tracks in most of these cars though which makes it not the best and way to decide how they actually compare and only use that data.
There are hundreds of laps. 371 laps in the top 5% of times for the GT3 RS alone.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2017, 11:01:45 PM »
Yes laps in some cars are fairly high but in some of the others many of the maij official tracks there are less then one page of laps for most of the cars. Unfortunatly rsr isnt used as much these days but even if all the league guys set a lap on rsr it would more then doubke the total stats for many of the combos. Its a great resource but with the evolving engine in AC making many older laps obsolete and with so many possible combos its just unlikely to get great data sets beyond a basic starting point for many cars. Simply putting up a server with stracker will get more data then rsr has within a week in most cases.

I do really like all the work you do Wally but due to limited use of rsr these days the data is a bit hit and miss in many combos.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2017, 08:05:26 AM »
I only look at the "main" tracks, not all the funny little variants. Looking just at 26 degree temps and just the top 5% of times since AC 1.11 or so, overall I collect over 17,000 laps from RSR. I'd say that's quite a bit of data!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

MG

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2017, 08:30:36 AM »
RSR??

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2017, 08:53:44 AM »
Mark, that's Radiator Springs Racing. They have a rank table here: http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=rank&track=6&car=67

MG

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2017, 07:17:10 PM »
Mark, that's Radiator Springs Racing. They have a rank table here: http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=rank&track=6&car=67
Thank you Rob 👍.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal