Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 16 Sign Up Thread - Porsche Carrera Cup

Author Topic: Season 16 Sign Up Thread - Porsche Carrera Cup  (Read 46017 times)

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: Season 16 Sign Up Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2017, 10:31:59 PM »
Some have more adjustablitiy but thats just the way the cars are. Having an adjustable wing really makes little difference as the few cars that have this barely need a rear wing to begin with as they dont generate that much front downforce so adding it just creates understeer and drag. The ruf needs some aero as it has so much power but its still the worst handling of all the cars  There are 8 cars so if you want a simpler one dont chose the few that allow arb or aero changes.  ;)

I still find it funny when some people say race cars are better for racing but then want to limit setups on very basic supercars. The main point of a race car is its adjustability and people that dont like dealing with setups would be better off running more basic road cars like this with minimal setup options then race cars.

In practice ive had more close racing in a bunch of these then I had in the last few seasons. The big difference between these cars and say the maserati gt4 is it ran on slicks with a bit more aero and adjustability. That is what gt4 is all about racing lightly tuned street cars on slicks.  ;)

Setup is a very small part of these cars its mostly just how you drive them. Without lots of aero and slick tyres braking and cornering speeds will be lower. They are also fairly quick but these slower cornering speeds and longer brake distances make for better racing I think as its easier to drive very close to others then in most other cars.
I would never suggest no setup for racing cars, indeed. The only reason I mentioned it for the supercars is I just thought it could be fun to race in "cars" and force us to take them as they are, with all the bad sides of them being road cars. That was the rationale: street cars in just street conditions, street tyres, and street setup. But I do not pretend it to be a mainstream idea and perfectly understand the counterarguments you made. But since AJ mentioned it, I thought I'd say it could be fun. :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2017, 10:36:00 PM »
If running street tyres we would need a different set of cars, most of these only have hyper road and so the others need semi slicks to be competitive. Setups are so limited I really dont see the point in fixing those. Its not like they are rental cars and for someone that prefers race cars I still find it funny they would want to limit even the minor setup options there are in these. But people that simply dont like the cars at all like Grat has said maybe his goal is to make sure nobody likes them, maybe force fixed setups with positive camber and max pressures.  ;)

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2017, 11:47:03 PM »
Maybe the actual balancing rule is that the slowest racers get to do the setup for the fastest racers  ;D

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2017, 07:40:44 AM »
But people that simply dont like the cars at all like Grat has said maybe his goal is to make sure nobody likes them, maybe force fixed setups with positive camber and max pressures.  ;)
Ahahaah! Had not thought of that.... but good idea! Cunning! :)

@Wally: supercar season should be run exclusively in reverse gear with inverted success ballast, 83% grip, dark clouds, and all while we play over teamspeak a disc of Simone singing old Italian songs!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2017, 08:00:57 AM »
But people that simply dont like the cars at all like Grat has said maybe his goal is to make sure nobody likes them, maybe force fixed setups with positive camber and max pressures.  ;)
Ahahaah! Had not thought of that.... but good idea! Cunning! :)

@Wally: supercar season should be run exclusively in reverse gear with inverted success ballast, 83% grip, dark clouds, and all while we play over teamspeak a disc of Simone singing old Italian songs!
I like it! That's season 17 right there.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2017, 10:14:28 AM »
Chap is in Wally. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2017, 10:24:32 AM »
Chap is in Wally. ;)
Together with Gratulin?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2017, 11:35:53 AM »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2017, 05:38:55 PM »
me and jeremy should be good to go
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Season 16 Sign Up Thread - Porsche Carrera Cup
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2017, 08:05:15 PM »
First post is updated with the schedule, format etc.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2017, 10:57:42 PM »
Ha ha, high opinion of Porsche owners? :)

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2017, 09:40:30 AM »
@Wally: FYI, rumors in AC forum is that next update will include mandatory pit stops and a pitconfig-like app.

Link: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-official-news-from-the-social-networks-thread.35257/page-519#post-850787

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2017, 12:39:18 PM »
@Wally: FYI, rumors in AC forum is that next update will include mandatory pit stops and a pitconfig-like app.

Link: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-official-news-from-the-social-networks-thread.35257/page-519#post-850787
Thanks Grat. AC sure keeps admins on their toes with all the changes.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2017, 02:05:24 PM »

Awesome!

Offline bju90

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2017, 05:43:01 PM »
I would like to join.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal